Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

In comparison, Fullkrug won just a single header and had six touches in 17 minutes.

4 year contract, you can already add that to the list of mental signings but the dodgy claret and blue 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thug said:

On today game, and only todays game, I thought he was excellent.

but for Soucek missing a sitter twice, he’d have had an assist too.  End product was there today,

He got many goals and many assists today, fair play Kudus 

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Either we play Watkins and Duran goes or we play Duran and Watkins goes

Make your pick. You can't have your cake and eat it

No hope they can play together anyway  ?.

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Either we play Watkins and Duran goes or we play Duran and Watkins goes

Make your pick. You can't have your cake and eat it

Ollie Watkins is 29 in December so if this was football manager he'd be sent the bomb squad and offered to every team in Europe in the next window!!

In all seriousness, if we can develop Duran and he stops being an idiot he would be the perfect successor to Watkins when that time does come, or at least we'd be able to sell him for a big fee so we can bring in another top quality forward. 

36 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Jesus and Alvarez had earned their stripes, Duran hasn't. I get your point but the examples you are using are not helping your argument.

Felix had played 30 or something games in Portugal when he went for 130m euro.  I wouldn’t be so quick to sell

On 14/08/2024 at 11:23, JPAngel said:

Cut to him scoring the winner against West Ham and throwing up the irons in front of their home fans.

This was the plan all along. Months of psychological warfare culminating in three points at the London Stadium.

Can’t believe I called this (irons aside).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes but my point is he hasn't proven anything yet and his impatience will probably hurt him more than us if he leaves.

He scored huge goals last season. Some to get our season started

I admit that I have always liked Jhon. He is an unreal talent in my eyes. I accept that he has some growing up to do but the ability is there.

I thought he looked like he had improved massively today. Sometimes, young players can develop a huge amount in between seasons and he really looks like that could have happened to him.
Our subs were incredible today and maybe they were the difference in the end. He is so difficult to defend against. He could really fly this season. Let’s hope he does so with us.

• Like 2

You compare him to when he came to us and there is literally nothing the same  .  He now times runs. Doesn't go down blind alleys. Passes at the right time. Doesn't smash the ball on sight. A young player who is gradually becoming better. He wasn't a wonder kid.  Just a raw player with physical attributes.  

In many ways it's the same situation  as Gabby as a youngster.  Gabby had the raw pace. Duran has the striking power  . You then build the rest of their game up to a higher level which allows their main skill to flourish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I admit that I have always liked Jhon. He is an unreal talent in my eyes. I accept that he has some growing up to do but the ability is there.

I thought he looked like he had improved massively today. Sometimes, young players can develop a huge amount in between seasons and he really looks like that could have happened to him.
Our subs were incredible today and maybe they were the difference in the end. He is so difficult to defend against. He could really fly this season. Let’s hope he does so with us.

I so like him but tbh we created some great chances today, he took his goal well but if he wants to go and £40m I'd offered I think he's going to go. 

Samu Omorodion is avaliable, seems a decent player and £40m would probably get him.

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

I so like him but tbh we created some great chances today, he took his goal well but if he wants to go and £40m I'd offered I think he's going to go. 

Samu Omorodion is avaliable, seems a decent player and £40m would probably get him.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

(kenneth)

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â