Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I guess you’re right that economics don’t need to factor into it and in that case we can safely say anyone would sell any player in a heartbeat (assuming they were offered a billion quid) ;) 

Not that I really feel the need to de-rail the thread any further and I'm sure this back and forth isn't great reading for the wider forum, but I just happened to log in to find someone had quoted me to disagree over the meaning of an idiom I used. I agree with the first bit of this reply fwiw but I'm not sure about the strawman ending if I'm honest. But no biggie, UTV.

19 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Odds on him coming on against West Ham, scoring a brace in 15 minutes to win 2-1, they then cough up the money to buy him and then he's sent off in his first game for them?

10/10 for your. Vivid imagination😀

21 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

It says that West Ham are willing to take Duran on loan. How kind of them.

Pricks.

When you have reason outside of football to move a player on….Loans are not necessarily the solution to look for, it’s usually to liquidate the asset, as clinical as that seems.

I wonder where else that could resonate?

If Unai is happy to welcome him back in to the fold, I am thinking some conciliatory action has taken place… and in terms of football, one of the best strikers of the ball around, so for that reason alone I look forward to seeing him play, hopefully develop and contributing to the cause.

I would love him to fulfill his potential, put behind himself the childish antics, work towards being a Villa hero, like some young strikers of the past.

maybe Juan Pablo needs a word in his ear.

Ps I still worry about the integration issues some of these young boys face when they join us…..loneliness and boredom, is a real threat, unless that have a family…..fingers crossed

Edited by TRO

Seems like we are stuck with him. Probably hope he scores a few this season and sell him in January to someone desperate for a Striker, possibly Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

When you have reason outside of football to move a player on….Loans are not the solution to look for.

I wonder where else that could resonate?

Though we could lose his wages, get a loan fee to cover amortisation, and if he does well with West Ham then we can sell him next summer for £40m+.

But downsides are that we then need cover for his role for this season.

No better shop window than CL… could really boost his value with the odd appearance and goal there.

Can’t see his agent and co. stop trying for a move but… it would still be great if he could somehow sort himself out, nature and focus on the club that has given him a huge opportunity. Patience lad…patience… and learn from Ollie.

Cue him being sold next week 😆

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

Seems like we are stuck with him. Probably hope he scores a few this season and sell him in January to someone desperate for a Striker, possibly Chelsea. 

Yes he has been a bit of a knob but stuck with him is a bit harsh. He is a very good young player and while he is here we should make the most of him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he played games the weekend after champions league games to give Ollie a rest. I think he will get some good game time and worse case we sell him for £60 million next year rather than £40 this year.

Unai must have really tried with Duran. How many times will he put his arm round him. I wish he could just buck up and put the petulance behind him. If he just took on board Unai's coaching he could be immense. He'd get way more game time this year also.

17 minutes ago, supermon said:

Unai must have really tried with Duran. How many times will he put his arm round him. I wish he could just buck up and put the petulance behind him. If he just took on board Unai's coaching he could be immense. He'd get way more game time this year also.

He may get there. Everyone is on their own timeline with regard to maturity etc. I think this summers happenings will have brought him down to earth a little as he didn't get what he wanted.

12 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Too much speculation about attitude in this thread imo.

The only speculation possible would be that he isn't a dickhead.

He's fortunate Villa aren't taking the line some other clubs (Chelsea, where he was trying to go) would and booting him out of the first team facilities.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Anything11 said:

GT5FfQjWQAAMsJO.jpeg

Appreciate the meme-worthy picture. 😁

Honestly though. McGinn mentioned him in one interview and everyone is reacting like "oMg tHe cApTaiN sAiD hE's a NiGhtMaRe tO pLaY WiTh 😱".

It's not that deep imo....

7 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Too much speculation about attitude in this thread imo.

If that was all that had happened I'd agree.

But are you willing to ignore the repeated social media purges of anything to do with our club, throwing up the irons on Instagram during a transfer saga with West Ham, the car accident before a game, and rumours of him trashing two rental properties?

I don't want to go round in circles and, as much as I dislike his perceived unprofessional attitude, I still think he can redeem himself with us. He's been a stupid, stupid kid for the last 12 months and that shouldn't be brushed under the carpet - but he also shouldn't be burned at the stake.

Perhaps just a light singe every time he misses a chance? I don't know, I've not thought that far ahead.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â