Jhon Durán

PieFacE

17 minutes ago, skarroki said:

When's the squad numbers announced? Seem to be waiting longer than normal to reveal them this season. Be a good indication of whether Duran is on his way 

He's wearing number 9 in training.

Main reason the thread had been active today 

• Like 1

Emery was positive about him in training so I don't know about rumours of him leaving still but he's a pleyer thst could make a big impact this season so I kinda hope we keep.him

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

He'll be staying with us this season. He's a top talent and is very impactful off the bench. Hopefully he applies himself better in training and he'll improve a lot this season. 

• Like 2

If he stays I hope he pays attention during the tactical portions of Emery's training and meetings. As nice as it is to have a wildcard you never know what you get from to throw on from the bench, it would be more useful to have that same player but who also is part of the team tactic and acts accordingly.

Big year if he sticks around. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ultimately I think it's pretty obvious Emery would sell him in a heartbeat.

We’ve turned down more than one £30m+ offer. I think we have at least a couple of actual first team players we would sell for less than £30m. So Emery’s preference might be to get £40m for him rather than keep him, but IMO that doesn’t equate to wanting to sell him “in a heartbeat” or we would just sell him for £25m tomorrow.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

If you disrespect the club, then you've completely lost me as a fan. 

Not heard an apology. If i wasn't for FFP I'd let him rot.

If his apology is 10 league goals from the bench this season then i'll come around. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm a big believer in "letting the apology be as loud as the disrespect" and, as no apology appears to be forthcoming at this point, I simply don't like the bloke. He disrespected our club and us as fans and he has a long way to go to mend the bridges he burned.

That said, it would be stupid of us to bomb him out the squad and if he can play a role this season I'd be happy. Hopefully he can mature and go on some form of redemption arc. We need to remember that people are often more than their worst deed.

Edited by JPAngel

We don’t have to like him, he is an asset like all the other players and we will manage him as such.  If he stays and does well, his price increases next year.  If he goes then we will get market value in our eyes and then look to upgrade.

Better not to get too emotionally attached these days

59 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

If you disrespect the club, then you've completely lost me as a fan. 

Not heard an apology. If i wasn't for FFP I'd let him rot

I find fans a lot more forgiving than they used to be.

As far as I am concerned it doesn’t get much better than being paid to play professional football for a top 4 Aston Villa managed by a genius like Unai Emery. Imagine not appreciating that? I can't. 

Chris Dolan in the FTLOPM podcast was correct when he said he wants us to sell Duran - disrespect the club who gives you a platform? There is the door.

36 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm a big believer in "letting the apology be as loud as the disrespect" and, as no apology appears to be forthcoming at this point, I simply don't like the bloke. He disrespected our club and us as fans and he has a long way to go to mend the bridges he burned.

That said, it would be stupid of us to bomb him out the squad and if he can play a role this season I'd be happy. Hopefully he can mature and go on some form of redemption arc. We need to remember that people are often more than their worst deed.

In Biblical terms, an eye for an eye

55 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We’ve turned down more than one £30m+ offer. I think we have at least a couple of actual first team players we would sell for less than £30m. So Emery’s preference might be to get £40m for him rather than keep him, but IMO that doesn’t equate to wanting to sell him “in a heartbeat” or we would just sell him for £25m tomorrow.

Oh, I don't know, it's an idiom that usually means doing something 'quickly, without much hesitation or thought', not 'to do an economic deal at any price'. As for the hypothetical numbers I'd be amazed if Emery is personally involved in the setting of transfer fees myself. But yay, semantics.

22 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Oh, I don't know, it's an idiom that usually means doing something 'quickly, without much hesitation or thought', not 'to do an economic deal at any price'. As for the hypothetical numbers I'd be amazed if Emery is personally involved in the setting of transfer fees myself. But yay, semantics.

I guess you’re right that economics don’t need to factor into it and in that case we can safely say anyone would sell any player in a heartbeat (assuming they were offered a billion quid) ;) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â