Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

There is only one suitable celebration if he scores on Saturday…

Could Duran even start if Ollie isn’t fully sharp/fit/ready? Hope he is, we need him asap.

Not ruling anything out before the window shuts, Jhon could still leave. Maybe we get a big offer.

No. If Watkins isn't ready, Rogers will start up front

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

There is only one suitable celebration if he scores on Saturday…

Could Duran even start if Ollie isn’t fully sharp/fit/ready? Hope he is, we need him asap.

Not ruling anything out before the window shuts, Jhon could still leave. Maybe we get a big offer.

If Watkins isn't full fit to start Duran also won't be, as they both returned to training at the same time.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I know he's a div but I can't help but like him ultimately, he has this maverick energy to him that you just don't see as much as you used to anymore, and when he's on the pitch he's chaos whether it's fun or completely infuriating.

In the event that the window passes, he's still at the club and he can somewhat knuckle down then he's as good a back-up option to Watkins as the club was likely to get. He scored 8 goals in something like 12/13 games worth of minutes last season, including the goal of the season off the bench, a game-changing brace as a sub against Liverpool, a lovely finish against City, a couple against decent competition in Europe etc. On paper he's exactly what you'd want as an squad option given his age and potential, it's just up to him to not sabotage his own career.

Exactly where I am with him too. There's a bit of the loveable rogue about him to me. Different player. but Asprilla-esque levels of bat-shit unpredictability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If Watkins isn't full fit to start Duran also won't be, as they both returned to training at the same time.

I just heard that Ollie may have had a slight niggle with his knee, on the FTLOPM podcast iirc. Should be fine but dunno if he will be ready for the first game. 

Yeah they’ve both missed preseason, Duran has never been involved in a preseason with us which is weird. 

I think Unai will go with the strongest lineup without taking any risks on a player’s fitness or potential for injury. We aim to win to every league game - he always says the league is the priority.

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I know he's a div but I can't help but like him ultimately, he has this maverick energy to him that you just don't see as much as you used to anymore, and when he's on the pitch he's chaos whether it's fun or completely infuriating.

In the event that the window passes, he's still at the club and he can somewhat knuckle down then he's as good a back-up option to Watkins as the club was likely to get. He scored 8 goals in something like 12/13 games worth of minutes last season, including the goal of the season off the bench, a game-changing brace as a sub against Liverpool, a lovely finish against City, a couple against decent competition in Europe etc. On paper he's exactly what you'd want as an squad option given his age and potential, it's just up to him to not sabotage his own career.

Tbh, he’s still only 20 has bags of potential and backs himself. I think he’s badly led by influences around him but that can change. There’s just something like in the goals he scores that is just unpredictable. It’s never not dull when he’s off the bench. I just hope he can knuckle down a bit - if he doesn't want to stay there's still an incentive to perform to get that move. Plus, being given the 9 jersey is a massive show of confidence in him. I don't believe in bomb squads and it would have been terrible optics to give say the number 50 and dump him in the reserves or training alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I'd have signed Dusty Bin over some of the chumps we've had up front over the years.

He had a good touch for a big man. And no that is not a reference to a yewtree investigation from the golden days of TV.

3 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Cut to him scoring the winner against West Ham and throwing up the irons in front of their home fans.

he does this, he's immediately forgiven

• Like 2

The weird forced narrative change on here to hoping he gets his head down and taunts the West Ham fans with an Adebayor like they've been abusing him instead of us wanting him gone but nobody thinking he's worth what we want is fun to watch

• Like 1

I'm not sure wearing number 9 in training means he's staying past the end of the window myself, but people were doubting his ability this time last year - many wanted to see him loaned out to Vitoria or somewhere similar IIRC. Lots of too raw, needs a loan type posts.

Ultimately I think it's pretty obvious Emery would sell him in a heartbeat.

Whether it's here or somewhere else though he'll be an interesting player to keep an eye on as to whether he fulfills his massive potential.

I think there's obviously a very good footballer in there somewhere.

When's the squad numbers announced? Seem to be waiting longer than normal to reveal them this season. Be a good indication of whether Duran is on his way 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â