Jhon Durán

PieFacE

It’s only maybe a harsh stick because we’re coming at it with the benefit of experience, knowing that a proactive attitude makes things happen and creates opportunities.

Attitude is everything, and Duran’s stinks. The doors are there to be opened but he can’t be bothered knocking. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

And with what we've done in preseason and what I saw today I'm still convinced we really need this guy 

I’m convinced we need a striker but that doesn’t mean we need Duran.

He’s made his bed, now time to lie in it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh stick to beat him with this but feels like if he had a sensible head on his shoulders rather than the transfer shenanigans he'd have realised Ollie was on holiday and missing pre season, known that he hadn't played much at the Copa so he didn't need an extended break and reported back 1-2 weeks early

He'd have started today and could have been in line to start next week

Easy to moan about not starting but this summer is a missed opportunity for him 

And with what we've done in preseason and what I saw today I'm still convinced we really need this guy 

That’s the entirety of 2 preseasons he’s missed with us… wasn’t involved at all last season either.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh stick to beat him with this but feels like if he had a sensible head on his shoulders rather than the transfer shenanigans he'd have realised Ollie was on holiday and missing pre season, known that he hadn't played much at the Copa so he didn't need an extended break and reported back 1-2 weeks early

Precisely, and it isn't crazy to imagine a scenario where Duran and Watkins are both performing well and starting. This season could (and still can) be a fantastic opportunity for him to develop and make a name for himself. If that then results in the move he so obviously desires then there's no reason why we can't all benefit from that.

He's made a tit of himself and is likely sulking over a move to West Ham when he could be kicking on in the Champions League. Daft.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but I see more potential in Duran than any striker that we've speculated about this summer.

I'm sure that Jhon's over riding passion is playing football, and unfortunately his immaturity has been highlighted by the media (mainstream and social) which loves to exploit and then stir controversy.

If people around him can reassure him that he has the opportunity to become a top striker under Unai's tutelage, then his future could be very bright. He should be back playing with a smile on his face soon.

I agree regards the talent this lad has, but I'm pretty sure everybody at the club has spoken to him including Emery but he still plays up & that was recently with the Hammers sign so it's seem nothing can get through to him regards his current situation. But like you I'd like him to stay because I do think if he sorted his head out he could be come some player 👍 

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but I see more potential in Duran than any striker that we've speculated about this summer.

I'm sure that Jhon's over riding passion is playing football, and unfortunately his immaturity has been highlighted by the media (mainstream and social) which loves to exploit and then stir controversy.

If people around him can reassure him that he has the opportunity to become a top striker under Unai's tutelage, then his future could be very bright. He should be back playing with a smile on his face soon.

The problem with Duran is that his mental issues seem to go beyond just immaturity. Like Ravel Morrison or Ballotelli, he appears to have the same self-destructive behaviour, which is likely to always be there. This makes Duran's chances of fulfilling his potential less achievable.

• Like 2

If his attitude affects the atmosphere in the dressing room, get rid for whatever fee we can

If the dressing room atmosphere is fine and people get on with him well enough, keep him unless we get offered silly money. 

That's it for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

The problem with Duran is that his mental issues seem to go beyond just immaturity. Like Ravel Morrison or Ballotelli, he appears to have the same self-destructive behaviour, which is likely to always be there. This makes Duran's chances of fulfilling his potential less achievable.

Ravel Morrison is a good comparison here. One of the best managers in the business had to give up on him likewise, despite having the world at his feet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Ravel Morrison is a good comparison here. One of the best managers in the business had to give up on him likewise, despite having the world at his feet.

I've seen absolutely no evidence of any of this. Wgat the hell is going in on VT. I'm just catching up with some threads after the summer. And we've a 142 pages on Felix and 382 on Duran!!  Thankfully the football backs next weekend 😅

• Haha 1

On 10/08/2024 at 21:19, villa4europe said:

At the game on Saturday,in the first half Rodgers went running with the ball to their goal.A big space opened in front of him and I was shouting in my head to hit it.He passed it and it broke down.Duran has the strikers selfishness that I reckon he would've taken a shot.

Edited by Derryvillan

1 hour ago, Derryvillan said:

At the game on Saturday,in the first half Rodgers went running with the ball to their goal.A big space opened in front of him and I was shouting in my head to hit it.He passed it and it broke down.Duran has the strikers selfishness that I reckon he would've taken a shot.

Rogers, please.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

At face value, rejecting the 40m West Ham offer for Duran is looking like a Monchi howler.

Most "ITKs", and I use that term loosely, were saying we were holding out for 40m, so it seems rather unlikely we also rejected a 40m bid.

14 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Not an unpopular opinion at all he’s a massive talent hence our asking price, if it wasn’t for his goals we wouldn’t be playing champions league football . He’s a game changer off the bench he will certainly build on last season this year.

Spend the money on a sports psychologist/ regular psychologist/ exorcist/ whatever, and get this boys head right. I'm convinced he could be unreal and we will need a second striker this year.

Football fans are fickle - he is enemy no. 1 for Villa fans right now but one goal and we'll all be worshipping him again and his Villa career could be back on track

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Not an unpopular opinion at all he’s a massive talent hence our asking price, if it wasn’t for his goals we wouldn’t be playing champions league football . He’s a game changer off the bench he will certainly build on last season this year.

What about Watkin's goals? What about Martinez's saves? I could go on - I so dislike this phrase - it makes no sense in the context it is used.

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What about Watkin's goals? What about Martinez's saves? I could go on - I so dislike this phrase - it makes no sense in the context it is used.

Sure everyone plays their part from our best players to our worst. He’s a very capable backup . Time to move on and let the grudge go.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â