Jhon Durán

PieFacE

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

This just isn’t true. According to every reliable jurno we never agreed a fee with WH. We want £40m and WH never hit that. 

That's what was doing the rounds anyway.

Seems unlikely that we'd given them permission to speak to him otherwise, though maybe his agent approached them directly or vice-versa. 

33 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

This just isn’t true. According to every reliable jurno we never agreed a fee with WH. We want £40m and WH never hit that. 

It's what I have been told as well, West ham have form in this, we're  not the only club they have done it and they have done it selling players as well, agreed a fee, let their player agree personal terms and then tried to increase the fee l.

Your right it wasn't £40m, but it was more than the £30m they eventually low balled us with.

38 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watched a video on YouTube showing our international players returning to training. Duran was there, looking like it was good to be back. 

Really? It seemed to me that he was trying to just disappear to the sidelines and be on his own. Obviously I didn't see much more than the brief glimpse but there were no shots of him with anyone else.

16 minutes ago, peterw said:

Really? It seemed to me that he was trying to just disappear to the sidelines and be on his own. Obviously I didn't see much more than the brief glimpse but there were no shots of him with anyone else.

But he's always come across as a bit of a loner. He didn't look one bit uncomfortable to me.

I'd say Leicester need a striker still. If we can't agree a fee with anyone I think it's best he goes on loan, proves he's the bees knees at another club and increases his value even more. 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

2 West Ham itk confirmed thats exactly what happened and i'm not sure they'd confirm a false rumour that makes them look like grifters...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

2 West Ham itk confirmed thats exactly what happened and i'm not sure they'd confirm a false rumour that makes them look like grifters...

As I said no reputable jurno said a fee was agreed. I find it hard to believe that some randomer on twitter knows better than the likes of Fab or Ornstein. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

As I said no reputable jurno said a fee was agreed. I find it hard to believe that some randomer on twitter knows better than the likes of Fab or Ornstein. 

WHU matched Chelsea’s offer in June . They spoke to us first so all above board . Maybe if they hadn’t have jumped in JD would be long gone to Chelsea

Who cares about the grifters, they have dad's army up front and that will curtail any long term progress they may have had.

Duran will be our player for another season,  he will grow as a player and also as a man after what's gone on.

I have a feeling he's going to have a major part to play for us this season, the kids got talent and he don't lack confidence, which is a major benefit....on the pitch.

47 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Wasn't it more that we had a pre May 31 (or was it June 30) price that West ham didn't match (or anyone), and once Dougie was sold and there was no pressure on a quick sale, his price reverted to what we wanted for him in the normal market. West ham didn't or haven't met that so despite there `bids of 30m or 32.5m +Orford our stance has being consistently "no, its 40m, thanks".

6 minutes ago, peterw said:

Wasn't it more that we had a pre May 31 (or was it June 30) price that West ham didn't match (or anyone), and once Dougie was sold and there was no pressure on a quick sale, his price reverted to what we wanted for him in the normal market. West ham didn't or haven't met that so despite there `bids of 30m or 32.5m +Orford our stance has being consistently "no, its 40m, thanks".

That was on a West Ham youtube channel so could also be true, the changing of the deal came from the West Ham forum 

4 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Wonder what reaction he'll get at VP, assuming he stays. 

The one thing I know for certain is whatever vitriol is going on with VT rarely translates to to what happens in the crowd at Villa Park. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watched a video on YouTube showing our international players returning to training. Duran was there, looking like it was good to be back. 

it-just.gif

I think this could be a breakout year for Duran, loads more game time in multiple competitions where he can develop in leading the front line.

Have a horrible feeling that the big sale we need at the end of the year to comply will be watkins, so if gametime at a club is what he is after, he will certainly get it then.

Don't think 40mill even enables us to do much given the PSR hole we are in.

I think it's great that we don't have anyone acting unprofessionally within the club and leaking information.

I think it's part of the reason people are so annoyed at the way Duran has behaved during this saga. His actions/behaviour during this period have been so at odds with the way the club is run as a whole that it feels like a throwback to the Randy Lerner/Tony Xia era.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Herman22 said:

It is true. The messing around with the fee that you are referring to came after the initial agreement was changed on WHU's end. Thats when the 32-35-37 business started.

The squad just need to give him a good hiding with the soap in the towel to get it out of their system and then we can start afresh, in loads of comps where he will get plenty of game time if he has any sort of patience.

He doesn't realise what he's got here. A club on the rise, only one other player ahead of him who isn't going to be able to play every game. A world class coach, insane facilities, tons of quality AM's to support him and play off.

Give your head a wobble.

• Like 2

Whilst I'd love him to knuckle down and prove himself with us, this seems like being a persistent story until the windows all close.

England, Italy, Germany, France and Spain all have a window until the 30th August, countries like Turkey (13/09) and Saudi (6/10) are open longer.

Archer is probably ahead of him based on fitness for the West Ham game. If that continues, he might be an option for the latter 2 destinations if he starts throwing his toys out the pram.

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â