Jhon Durán

PieFacE

41 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I've heard some stories about some of our former players from a a legit source 

We've had far worse than Jhon Duran at the club. Far far worse

But therein lies the issue... You've heard stories vs Duran actively being a clearing in the woods right in front of our faces...

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But just to be pedantic, a club doesn’t need to accept a bid to give permission for clubs to speak to/agree terms with a player

Was this a question......? 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I've heard some stories about some of our former players from a a legit source 

We've had far worse than Jhon Duran at the club. Far far worse

couple of club captains for a start

• Like 2

Bored of this now. I'll see how I feel about him if he's still our player in September. Until then I expect him to go and couldn't care less about him. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

well the evidence was there about the stories though. Duran probably struggles make a top 20 of culprits

Aston Villa star Grealish linked to Solihull car crash after posting 'stay  at home' message - The Solihull Observer

and this

Gabby Agbonlahor pictured holding shisha pipe while on holiday as Aston  Villa's nightmare season continues - Mirror Online

and this

Premier League suspends John Terry and Anton Ferdinand handshake | John  Terry | The Guardian

I never said there weren't examples but what Duran is doing is different levels of disrespecting the club, In my opinion anyway... 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Was this a question......? 

No. I was correcting the implication that was being made

5 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Obviously not. And your post states that a club can't speak to a player without their current club's consent, which doesn't contradict @Stevo985's point.

Exactly. The implication in the post I replied to was there was no way Duran could have agreed personal terms with West Ham because a bid was never accepted. 

That’s not true. A bid doesn’t have to have been accepted for a player to get permission to speak with another club.

It’s literally just permission. “Yes you can speak to them and agree a deal while We work on negotiating a fee”

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

well the evidence was there about the stories though. Duran probably struggles make a top 20 of culprits

Aston Villa star Grealish linked to Solihull car crash after posting 'stay  at home' message - The Solihull Observer

and this

Gabby Agbonlahor pictured holding shisha pipe while on holiday as Aston  Villa's nightmare season continues - Mirror Online

and this

Premier League suspends John Terry and Anton Ferdinand handshake | John  Terry | The Guardian

It’s not really comparable with Terry and Grealish. 

They undoubtedly have their issues in their personal lives, but in terms of their attitudes towards the game and the team they can’t be faulted. They wouldn’t have been a disruptive influence in the dressing room or on the pitch. Quite the opposite on fact 

It very much sounds like Duran is an issue. 

Gabby can get in the sea though. I very much agree he’s far worse than Duran. The fat word removed is a stain on our history

• Like 1

Totaling his car, wrecking his apartment and acting silly on social media while mixing wonder goals with frustrating performances on the pitch feels more like Balotelli than Grealish to me.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No. I was correcting the implication that was being made

Exactly. The implication in the post I replied to was there was no way Duran could have agreed personal terms with West Ham because a bid was never accepted. 

That’s not true. A bid doesn’t have to have been accepted for a player to get permission to speak with another club.

It’s literally just permission. “Yes you can speak to them and agree a deal while We work on negotiating a fee”

They had agreed a fee, that's why we let them negotiate personnel terms. If we let our players agree personnel terms before a fee was agreed it would be a free for all. Unbelievably niave.

Anyway he's staying,  so we will just have to live with his alleged disrespect of us, his car accident,  a messy flat , crossed arms and deleted media, the horrors of it all will take a long time to heal.....🥲

Edited by tinker
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I felt the same way last night 😂

I think that may be Emery's feeling as well. He referred to him coming back next week and how he would work with him to fulfil his potential. He referred to him as one of four important players returning in the next few days.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

They had agreed a fee, that's why we let them negotiate personnel terms. If we let our players agree personnel terms before a fee was agreed it would be a free for all. Unbelievably niave.

Anyway he's staying,  so we will just have to live with his alleged disrespect of us, his car accident,  a messy flat , crossed arms and deleted media, the horrors of it all will take a long time to heal.....🥲

Is he staying? I think I’ve missed the Emery interview saying that he is.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Is he staying? I think I’ve missed the Emery interview saying that he is.

I think the OP is assuming Duran is staying because West Ham has signed another striker and Emery said that Duran had potential and would work with him when he was back next week.

I still think Duran will go to West Ham because Antonio is 34 and technically out of contract, while Ings only has 1 year left. It makes sense for them to sign another experienced striker to replace Ings and Antonio and then a younger one who will develop.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tinker said:

I have no opinion on whether we had agreed a fee or not. 

But permission to speak to a player doesn’t require a fee to be agreed. If you think that then you’re just incorrect.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think the OP is assuming Duran is staying because West Ham has signed another striker and Emery said that Duran had potential and would work with him when he was back next week.

I still think Duran will go to West Ham because Antonio is 34 and technically out of contract, while Ings only has 1 year left. It makes sense for them to sign another experienced striker to replace Ings and Antonio and then a younger one who will develop.

Leaving us with Archer as stand in ....not gonna happen unless we can pull a replacement out of the hat with 2 weeks to go before the season starts. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â