Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They can if the original agreement wasn't legally binding.

They can legally, yes. They can’t and still expect to retain any credibility with Villa. Suspect those stories of us threatening to walk away were probably true. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They can if the original agreement wasn't legally binding.

It's not about legally binding, call it a gentleman's agreement. Agreed is the important word.. might just be the way I operate

6 hours ago, MSvillain said:

An interesting post on the West Ham forum states the below and 2 of their itks have agreed its what they have heard:

"Don't think Villa are overly worried yet......but the rumour at the Villa end is that Villa have got frustrated with West Ham, rather than the other way round. They (apparently) initially agreed a fee with West Ham and allowed them to agree terms with Duran - since then West Ham have tried to re-negotiate the deal and it's structure in 3 different ways, including reduction of the previously agreed fee, payment terms etc....

Villa are holding firm to the originally agreed fee and basically told West Ham to come back when they're serious, the suspicion being that West Ham and Duran's agent are in cahoots to encourage Duran to piss about to force a deal.

Villa for their part have told Duran, that if West Ham don't pony up, he can start looking at apartments in Riyadh or face sitting on his arse next season...."

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187955&start=22820

No way Villa have said this.

They are too smart to do something that stupid.

10 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I'm not against keeping Duran his talent and desire I rate. 

I keep hearing his attitude is a problem, but he's 100% on pitch, pressing, working hard and giving his all. So I don't think his attitude is as bad as made out. He just want to play football, and believes he is good enough.

He isn't getting the playing time he wants, so he wants to go somewhere he will.  The way he has gone about it is immature, but then he's only 20 what do we really expect!?

If he stays he can contribute, if he leaves we can bring a player in that will also contribute. I'm very neutral on this.

What do I expect?

I expect a young player, with talent like he has, to listen to a top class manager and work with him, in terms of game time…..and show patience and respect.

We also have to consider Ollie, in all this, and if John Duran used his loaf, he could learn from Ollie…..if he wants Ollie’s place, when he gets his chance, he should make himself undroppable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbf,I don't think he's worth 40 million, not on the evidence I've seen.

More likely to rack up £40m worth of property damage than £40m worth of goals 👀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's like we never can say goodbye to him. 

Duran " Don't leave me this way..."

• Haha 2

The biggest error we have made was rejecting west hams bid. I think the 30m with adds on that young player was a good offer. Now we are stuck with a unhappy duran and cant sign another until he goes because we will have four strikers 

Even if west ham or anyone comes in with a late bid matching our valuation we should reject it unless we have a replacement to sign who's adequate.  We can't let the dodgy goings on disrupt the most important season we have in years. Starting with Archer as back up would be disastrous for us, it's not worth the risk.

Duran will stay, get his head down and play for us with plenty to prove and I'm confident he has ability to make an impact.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â