Jhon Durán

PieFacE

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i hope they get fullkrug instead

will leave them with Fullkrug 31, ings 32 and antonio 34, none of them will get double figures next year

There is no way they are paying 35+ million for a 31 year old Fullkrug he's 32 in a few months.

It's trying to force us to sell but Monchi won't buy it.

Pay up West Ham or do one.

Edited by AshVilla

On 29/07/2024 at 21:42, tinker said:

He has issues when he's compared to a north European players typical profile but let's not forget Durans background is culturally completely different to us. Medellín is or was a wild west city for years and his been brought up with violence and corruption being rife, in his world crossing his arms is next to nothing.

If Emery wants rid then he has to go..... but to me a £40m asking price tells you how highly rated this kids potential is, if he can be tamed and find some contentment being around a squad of professional football players then he's ceiling is huge.....world class is my feeling.....he's 20 years old!

Time will tell but i don't think we will accept much less than 40m and that means we are not in a particular rush to wash our hands of him,  not yet , see what happens when he's due to return.

I am taken by the boys skill…..but application is equally important, and his character has marred it……Balotelli was another talent, who was inhibited by his unpredictable character traits.

as for the mitigation towards his character, many Colombian players have managed to play on these shores with aplomb….it’s simply speculation, to offer mitigation.

There was a time when Glasgow could equally be described as a Wild West show, and Belfast was not exactly a Kindergarten, but boys focused on their football, and ignored the social scene.

I don’t think Unai Emery, gives up on players easily, and he also recognises his talent, so this dilemma needs to be resolved asap.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gareth Barry gave an interview begging to leave the club and still played his way back in. 

Duran hasn't done anything to completely burn bridges just yet. 

I have faith in the manager and the leaders in this team that if he's still with us they'll keep him in check. 

He's also really not got a choice. **** about and the interest in him from others will drop. We sold diaby and Luis so we aren't under financial pressure to let him go. 

To be fair, Barry had quite a bit more credit in the bank, being an excellent servant and captain for the club, which enabled this to be chalked up as a very poor lapse in judgement and he was appropriately punished (and he ended up being sold the following summer).

It feels like Duran starting twerking for Chelsea within months of arriving, now West Ham once they dropped the interest. It's not impossible to amend the relationship but it feels very unlikely, he's consistently come across as highly immature and disrespectful so it would take a fundamental change in his character.

I'm not against keeping Duran his talent and desire I rate. 

I keep hearing his attitude is a problem, but he's 100% on pitch, pressing, working hard and giving his all. So I don't think his attitude is as bad as made out. He just want to play football, and believes he is good enough.

He isn't getting the playing time he wants, so he wants to go somewhere he will.  The way he has gone about it is immature, but then he's only 20 what do we really expect!?

If he stays he can contribute, if he leaves we can bring a player in that will also contribute. I'm very neutral on this.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'm not against keeping Duran his talent and desire I rate. 

I keep hearing his attitude is a problem, but he's 100% on pitch, pressing, working hard and giving his all. So I don't think his attitude is as bad as made out. He just want to play football, and believes he is good enough.

He isn't getting the playing time he wants, so he wants to go somewhere he will.  The way he has gone about it is immature, but then he's only 20 what do we really expect!?

If he stays he can contribute, if he leaves we can bring a player in that will also contribute. I'm very neutral on this.

I’m not so sure I agree.

he’s out to cover himself in glory at every opportunity he gets. What’s best for the team is an afterthought 

he's the type of player who would attempt a ludicrous effort instead of squaring to lay it on a plate for a team mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’m not so sure I agree.

he’s out to cover himself in glory at every opportunity he gets. What’s best for the team is an afterthought 

he's the type of player who would attempt a ludicrous effort instead of squaring to lay it on a plate for a team mate.

But that's strikers anyway, particularly raw 20 year olds.

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Respectfully, I think that's simply inaccurate. He's more like a classic "class clown," who can be a force for creativity or self-destruction and chaos, and he's been that way since he played for Envigado as little lad aged ten, as I understand it. He jokes around a lot and loves attention, and sometimes, it's great -- until it's not. The guy doesn't have a mean-spirited bone in his body and he's never been arrogant. He's a handful, on and off the pitch, but thoroughly lovable, from what I can tell. He needs someone to keep taking him under his wing and explain to him that he needs to be more careful about how he expresses his need for attention -- and he needs to keep trying to channel it into goals. My sense is that he's very intelligent but also kind of easily bored. I think it's awesome that we've kept this price high. He's too good to sell cheap. Kind of hope we find a way to hang on to him. Yeah, he made an arse of himself a bit, but it's honestly part of the package with Jhon, IMO. Chaos on the pitch, chaos off. 😂 It's a nice tool for Emery, but I think Philogene has similar effect on the pitch tbf with a lighter touch and without the attention-seeking off, so maybe Emery thinks he can accept losing Duran -- but it shan't be cheap.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 3.34.16 PM.png

So intelligent that he threw up the Hammers on a live stream.

I don't buy it. He is clearly frustrated and struggling in some way but doing himself no favours with how he is behaving. It isn't like we have SG in charge acting like a nonce and putting everyone off. The culture seems really quite good and Emery is quite personable with the players while also very demanding.

A Duran happy at Villa would be amazing - he has bags of talent and potential. However, he is doing everything he can to ruin that for himself.

2 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

So intelligent that he threw up the Hammers on a live stream.

I don't buy it. He is clearly frustrated and struggling in some way but doing himself no favours with how he is behaving. It isn't like we have SG in charge acting like a nonce and putting everyone off. The culture seems really quite good and Emery is quite personable with the players while also very demanding.

A Duran happy at Villa would be amazing - he has bags of talent and potential. However, he is doing everything he can to ruin that for himself.

Maybe that's the issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe that's the issue.

It could be Durans issue but that is not the issue. Trashing the apartment and generally being "disrespectful" in his application to the cause is the issue.

I see what you are saying with regard to fit. However, there are ways to go about it and as I said it doesn't strike me as a situation where he doesn't have opportunity to discuss it with someone. And I really can't imagine the club haven't tried - we have heard a lot over recent years about the lengths they go to help new players adjust to the city, league and club.

25 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

It could be Durans issue but that is not the issue. Trashing the apartment and generally being "disrespectful" in his application to the cause is the issue.

I see what you are saying with regard to fit. However, there are ways to go about it and as I said it doesn't strike me as a situation where he doesn't have opportunity to discuss it with someone. And I really can't imagine the club haven't tried - we have heard a lot over recent years about the lengths they go to help new players adjust to the city, league and club.

Whats the story re trashing the apartment? 

Unai rates him, that’s for sure. If, and that’s a big if, he stays, this might be the humbling he needs. Though I remain to be convinced, he could still do a job from the bench and perhaps show some contrition. Again, we’d need to see evidence of that too. I hope we find a buyer, but if not, I don’t think calling for dumping him the reserves help either. There’s a talent there and allowing the opportunity for growth and apologies still matter. We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

An interesting post on the West Ham forum states the below and 2 of their itks have agreed its what they have heard:

"Don't think Villa are overly worried yet......but the rumour at the Villa end is that Villa have got frustrated with West Ham, rather than the other way round. They (apparently) initially agreed a fee with West Ham and allowed them to agree terms with Duran - since then West Ham have tried to re-negotiate the deal and it's structure in 3 different ways, including reduction of the previously agreed fee, payment terms etc....

Villa are holding firm to the originally agreed fee and basically told West Ham to come back when they're serious, the suspicion being that West Ham and Duran's agent are in cahoots to encourage Duran to piss about to force a deal.

Villa for their part have told Duran, that if West Ham don't pony up, he can start looking at apartments in Riyadh or face sitting on his arse next season...."

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187955&start=22820

Love the last line. 

• Like 2

I don’t think they’ll bomb squad Duran if the sale fails, nor should they, but they can’t afford to allow other teams to treat them this way (if this is true or close to it).

There will be many other negotiations for other deals and everyone dealing with the Villa should know they need to do so in good faith. We’re not pushovers.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whats the story re trashing the apartment? 

Also drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool apparently. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MSvillain said:

An interesting post on the West Ham forum states the below and 2 of their itks have agreed its what they have heard:

"Don't think Villa are overly worried yet......but the rumour at the Villa end is that Villa have got frustrated with West Ham, rather than the other way round. They (apparently) initially agreed a fee with West Ham and allowed them to agree terms with Duran - since then West Ham have tried to re-negotiate the deal and it's structure in 3 different ways, including reduction of the previously agreed fee, payment terms etc....

Villa are holding firm to the originally agreed fee and basically told West Ham to come back when they're serious, the suspicion being that West Ham and Duran's agent are in cahoots to encourage Duran to piss about to force a deal.

Villa for their part have told Duran, that if West Ham don't pony up, he can start looking at apartments in Riyadh or face sitting on his arse next season...."

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187955&start=22820

Lol you can't renegotiate an agreed fee.

Clowns 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â