Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)

At this point, based on what I think I've gathered in watching past Monchi-stamped transfers, this thing is eventually going to go through. it's been unusual and usual at the same time. Apart from GestureGate, it's evinced the usual stealthy smoothness. Villa can't afford to seem disenchanted or angry at Duran right now, that's for sure. Let the fans kvetch, but the club need to get behind him totally. From what I can see, a lot of West Ham fans are absolutely desperate for him. They love him. They think they're clever Cockneys taking a grenade off us that we're not ballsy enough to handle. Let them think that. It's perfect.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Have to say I’m a bit surprised how many are willing to bend over backwards to apologize or imagine permissive context for this guy and his antics. Writing is on the wall and literally coming from the mouth of his teammate. They’re professionals, they won’t fully air the dirty laundry to us, I’d bet we’ll hear far more once he’s finally gone. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Respectfully, I think that's simply inaccurate. He's more like a classic "class clown," who can be a force for creativity or self-destruction and chaos, and he's been that way since he played for Envigado as little lad aged ten, as I understand it. He jokes around a lot and loves attention, and sometimes, it's great -- until it's not. The guy doesn't have a mean-spirited bone in his body and he's never been arrogant. He's a handful, on and off the pitch, but thoroughly lovable, from what I can tell. He needs someone to keep taking him under his wing and explain to him that he needs to be more careful about how he expresses his need for attention -- and he needs to keep trying to channel it into goals. My sense is that he's very intelligent but also kind of easily bored. I think it's awesome that we've kept this price high. He's too good to sell cheap. Kind of hope we find a way to hang on to him. Yeah, he made an arse of himself a bit, but it's honestly part of the package with Jhon, IMO. Chaos on the pitch, chaos off. 😂 It's a nice tool for Emery, but I think Philogene has similar effect on the pitch tbf with a lighter touch and without the attention-seeking off, so maybe Emery thinks he can accept losing Duran -- but it shan't be cheap.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 3.34.16 PM.png

I admire the advocacy but he's got seemingly one of the best coaches/managers in the world here, who has core values as unity, the team being a family and trying to understand the player beyond the pitch.

He's at a club who took a chance on him for a decent fee from the MLS and have helped coach him into a better player. A club in the Champions League with only one player ahead of him for his position with so many games to play. 

I get he wants to play every week but he also needs to grasp that Ollie Watkins has had a stunning season and he's not 1st choice. 

He's got the perfect environment to grow as a player but he wants it all, now. I get it but I think you also need to acknowledge that he's shown little respect to the fans, the club and the manager and coaches who have helped develop him into a £40m player. 

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Respectfully, I think that's simply inaccurate. He's more like a classic "class clown," who can be a force for creativity or self-destruction and chaos, and he's been that way since he played for Envigado as little lad aged ten, as I understand it. He jokes around a lot and loves attention, and sometimes, it's great -- until it's not. The guy doesn't have a mean-spirited bone in his body and he's never been arrogant. He's a handful, on and off the pitch, but thoroughly lovable, from what I can tell. He needs someone to keep taking him under his wing and explain to him that he needs to be more careful about how he expresses his need for attention -- and he needs to keep trying to channel it into goals. My sense is that he's very intelligent but also kind of easily bored. I think it's awesome that we've kept this price high. He's too good to sell cheap. Kind of hope we find a way to hang on to him. Yeah, he made an arse of himself a bit, but it's honestly part of the package with Jhon, IMO. Chaos on the pitch, chaos off. 😂 It's a nice tool for Emery, but I think Philogene has similar effect on the pitch tbf with a lighter touch and without the attention-seeking off, so maybe Emery thinks he can accept losing Duran -- but it shan't be cheap.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 3.34.16 PM.png

Double Post. Milk was a baaad choice.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I admire the advocacy but he's got seemingly one of the best coaches/managers in the world here, who has core values as unity, the team being a family and trying to understand the player beyond the pitch.

He's at a club who took a chance on him for a decent fee from the MLS and have helped coach him into a better player. A club in the Champions League with only one player ahead of him for his position with so many games to play. 

I get he wants to play every week but he also needs to grasp that Ollie Watkins has had a stunning season and he's not 1st choice. 

He's got the perfect environment to grow as a player but he wants it all, now. I get it but I think you also need to acknowledge that he's shown little respect to the fans, the club and the manager and coaches who have helped develop him into a £40m player. 

You're right about a lot of stuff here. I don't disagree that he needs to be patient. But crossing his arms on Instagram ≠ "little respect to the fans, the club and the manager and coaches." If that's all it takes to bring instant, profound derision, well, it's not something I can hold to, to be honest. He made it so clear from the beginning of his time at Villa how much he admires our fans, the project, and Emery -- and how desperate he was to show Villa that he could be like Juan Pablo Angel Mark II, etc. Either way, as long as we sell for a profit or keep, I will be happy. I wish he was going to Europe instead of WH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You're right about a lot of stuff here. I don't disagree that he needs to be patient. But crossing his arms on Instagram ≠ "little respect to the fans, the club and the manager and coaches." If that's all it takes to bring instant, profound derision, well, it's not something I can hold to, to be honest. He made it so clear from the beginning of his time at Villa how much he admires our fans, the project, and Emery -- and how desperate he was to show Villa that he could be like Juan Pablo Angel Mark II, etc. Either way, as long as we sell for a profit or keep, I will be happy. I wish he was going to Europe instead of WH.

Did he? I don't remember that at all.

He also doesn't come across 'very intelligent' to me.

Joking around is one thing, wrecking the accommodation the club are paying for is another. There was also him crashing his car and there are reports of many other things behind the scenes. So to me it doesn't all sound as harmless as you're making out.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Have to say I’m a bit surprised how many are willing to bend over backwards to apologize or imagine permissive context for this guy and his antics. Writing is on the wall and literally coming from the mouth of his teammate. They’re professionals, they won’t fully air the dirty laundry to us, I’d bet we’ll hear far more once he’s finally gone. 

McGinn says a lot that other players don't say, and it's almost always joking around.......

EDIT: See the next comment for me changing my mind!

Edited by Rolta

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Did he? I don't remember that at all.

He also doesn't come across 'very intelligent' to me.

Joking around is one thing, wrecking the accommodation the club are paying for is another. There was also him crashing his car and there are reports of many other things behind the scenes. So to me it doesn't all sound as harmless as you're making out.

Oh but having said what I just said above, then this doesn't sound as good!!!

If he stays (which could be likely) I don't want him anywhere near the first team. He's a bad influence and he doesn't deserve it given the disrespect he's shown to the club. 

Hopefully we get rid of this fool though. I could see him going out on loan. Don't blame West Ham for looking elsewhere. 

• Like 2

I wonder if we’re looking into the possibility of doing one of our fancy swap deals with Atletico to get Felix.

Simeone would sort him out, and they are already looking at signing a striker.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rolta said:

McGinn says a lot that other players don't say, and it's almost always joking around.......

EDIT: See the next comment for me changing my mind!

McGinn was not joking around when he said it though tbf. You could tell he meant it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daveburnside said:

We've dropped a bollock here. Should have sold him when we had the chance.

There is no way we've turned down a real bid of over £35m. No chance. He'd be gone.

It'll have been like £15m plus add ons and west ham are leaking it's £35m to appease their fans.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

There is no way we've turned down a real bid of over £35m. No chance. He'd be gone.

It'll have been like £15m plus add ons and west ham are leaking it's £35m to appease their fans.

Id hope so. West Ham do seem to engage in PR shenanigans from what their fans say.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

By the sounds of it, Weat Ham were trying to be opportunistic and get an “unsettled” player on the cheap.

Monchi told them to pay up or **** off.

Exactly. West Ham spent £20m on a lad from Brazil but won’t meet our valuation on someone with potential and league experience. They are being cheap. We shouldn’t let personal feelings dictate and undersell our talent. 

• Like 3

Gareth Barry gave an interview begging to leave the club and still played his way back in. 

Duran hasn't done anything to completely burn bridges just yet. 

I have faith in the manager and the leaders in this team that if he's still with us they'll keep him in check. 

He's also really not got a choice. **** about and the interest in him from others will drop. We sold diaby and Luis so we aren't under financial pressure to let him go. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â