Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

You cannot say I’m mistaken with any certainty. 

Look at the Fernandez interview incident, will the French players at Chelsea still play with him? Of course they will. 

What Duran has done is no where near that bad, and I’d imagine some players either don’t know about it or will not care. 

You would be surprised. And yes you are right I came on a little strong.

Difference being is that the Fernandez incident has context - they were celebrating a win (not saying it justifies it - merely explains their behaviour). Duran is a different kettle of fish IMO at least.

And don't be surprised if something of the Fernandez incident lingers - a few were very quick to denounce him.

I’m curious to know why we are so hard line on the £40m valuation. 

Monchi must feel very sure we are getting this fee, because the alternative seems problematic. 

Not selling him seems like it’s hindering any other transfers we want to make, for financial and team spot reasons. 

Also if we end up not selling him, we somehow got to try and introduce him back in to the squad.. what’s going to be difficult. 

It’s a curious gamble to be so hardlined on his valuation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Monchi must feel very sure we are getting this fee, because the alternative seems problematic. 

Not selling him seems like it’s hindering any other transfers we want to make, for financial and team spot reasons. 

Also if we end up not selling him, we somehow got to try and introduce him back in to the squad.. what’s going to be difficult. 

Maybe they are planning a much bigger sale next year, and don’t want to give other clubs the idea that Villa can be beaten down from the valuation they put on a player? A statement of how the club will do its business now, if you like. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Maybe they are planning a much bigger sale next year, and don’t want to give other clubs the idea that Villa can be beaten down from the valuation they put on a player? A statement of how the club will do its business now, if you like. 

A bigger sale, if they can get him working in the squad again. seems like reintroducing him in the squad is going to be difficult. 

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A bigger sale, if they can get him working in the squad again. seems like reintroducing him in the squad is going to be difficult. 

I meant a different player, don’t think Duran will be welcomed back. If the Hammers don’t cough up he’s probably off to Saudi. 

Just now, Awol said:

I meant a different player, don’t think Duran will be welcomed back. If the Hammers don’t cough up he’s probably off to Saudi. 

Will he go to Saudi… not exactly a place you can party and **** around, also not the level he wants to play at either. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Will he go to Saudi… not exactly a place you can party and **** around, also not the level he wants to play at either. 

I thought players lived in Bahrain and travelled to Saudi for games ?

I anyway I can't see a Saudi club spending big on him. Doesn't have the profile yet.

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I anyway I can't see a Saudi club spending big on him. Doesn't have the profile yet.

Some do, and it would seem likely Duran would too. But it’s still not a lifestyle suited for him 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Crossing his arms isn't going to affect the dressing room at all, let's be realistic these are young blokes they won't give a toss about crossing his arms. Some of the bedwetting going on over him,  crossing his arms is bordering on stupid, definitely not a reason to lose £8m.

I'm not sure what west ham are playing at tbh, they knew our valuation from the start yet continued with silly little increases and even throwing a player in the mix with only 1 year left on his contract. Their a throw back to the 90's, dinosaurs.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Crossing his arms isn't going to affect the dressing room at all, let's be realistic these are young blokes they won't give a toss about crossing his arms. Some of the bedwetting going on over him,  crossing his arms is bordering on stupid, definitely not a reason to lose £8m.

I'm not sure what west ham are playing at tbh, they knew our valuation from the start yet continued with silly little increases and even throwing a paying in the mix with only 1 year left on his contract. Their a throw back to the 90's, dinosaurs.

And the other bullshit, the supposed bullshit, as well the rumoured bullshit. 

also it’s reintegrating him to the squad. He’s clearly keen on moving away. If it it doesn’t happen, he’s going to probably be upset. who knows what potential bullshit will happen from that

Edited by CarryOnVilla

5 hours ago, villanmac said:

Had to check this.

A career yellow card rate of 1 every 158 minutes. Impressive.

Just while you sleep at night he will rack up almost three yellow cards. 

Man’s a lunatic. 

Edited by It's Your Round

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The alternative is letting players know if they act a maggot they will get the move they want

Edited by zak

Just now, zak said:

The alternative, is

I’m not sure. 

it’s a curiosity to what’s going on. 

Either Monchi is very sure we’ll get them £40m, he’s very sure the club can settle him back in, or he’s taking a gamble with being hard fixed on the valuation. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m not sure. 

it’s a curiosity to what’s going on. 

Either Monchi is very sure we’ll get them £40m, he’s very sure the club can settle him back in, or he’s taking a gamble with being hard fixed on the valuation. 

Sorry it accidentally sent before I finished. See above for edited

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

And the other bullshit, the supposed bullshit, as well the rumoured bullshit. 

also it’s reintegrating him to the squad. He’s clearly keen on moving away. If it it doesn’t happen, he’s going to probably be upset. who knows what potential bullshit will happen from that

He's going to have act like an professional athlete, get his head down and prove to west ham, or whoever, he's worth £40m. It's not complicated,  not like singing racist songs then sitting next to a player you have insulted, ain't no hot air surrounding that fiasco... just one that  affects villa, that's challenging the top 4, and the big 6. Oh dear , he's crossed his arms,  moaned about not playing and tried to get a move to a team that will start him every game. He will stay and play for us, West ham will not pay , although watching them against wolves may force their hand.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pretty much yeah.

The other thing I don't think ppl realise, is that with enough money... You can " party " anywhere.

Yes even in Saudi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We could have a hefty sell on fee owed to Chicago Fire and were trying to maximise profits by getting all the money we can.

2 minutes ago, zak said:

Sorry it accidentally sent before I finished. See above for edited

But does the club want to keep “a maggot”?

if so what do you do with him? Bench him to never play again, where his value plummets? Or play him, when “a maggot” attitude may not deserve it either. 

it’s all an odd limbo space. 

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm not sure what west ham are playing at tbh, they knew our valuation from the start yet continued with silly little increases and even throwing a player in the mix with only 1 year left on his contract. Their a throw back to the 90's, dinosaurs.

spacer.png

@PaulMcGrath_5  seeing the use of there / their / they're   🤣

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â