Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Awol said:

with the disrespect he’s chosen to publicly show the club (and by extension the manager) there’s no way he can come back from that now - imo

I think he’ll leave but if he stayed it would take about three goals to turn things around and all be forgiven. Seen it time and time again at basically every club in the world!

He will end up going for £38 plus addons though I bet.

Duran won't have a problem with Emery if he has to stay outside of his usual tactical frustrations.

However, after throwing up the hammers I think he will have more of a problem with the other players in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Duran won't have a problem with Emery if he has to stay outside of his usual tactical frustrations.

However, after throwing up the hammers I think he will have more of a problem with the other players in the squad. 

…..and fans now I would say?  If he was to stay, I can see a large majority booing him when he enters the field and that’s a distraction we don’t need during games. Best he goes in this window for everyone concerned. 

11 hours ago, romavillan said:

An unlikely but perfect outcome would be him staying, realising his representation is shite, growing up, getting a proper agent and letting Emery turn him into a world beating striker.

Yep

This time next year west ham are furious that they didn't pay the "cheap" £40m for him 

Him staying and rotting in the reserves or anything negative, no doubt some fans will never forgive him or something such bollocks it's of zero benefit to us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

…..and fans now I would say?  If he was to stay, I can see a large majority booing him when he enters the field and that’s a distraction we don’t need during games. Best he goes in this window for everyone concerned. 

Fans will be fans

They'll bitch and moan that he's childish and immature and does stupid things and then if he stays they'll refuse to buy the official calender cos he's on the month of April

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

If he stays, the club can help with his relationship with the fans. Do some good PR, somE positive comments from Emery, show that his team mates are all happy with him, fan engagement etc If he scores some important goals and toes the line, it would be fine. 

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If he stays, the club can help with his relationship with the fans. Do some good PR, somE positive comments from Emery, show that his team mates are all happy with him, fan engagement etc If he scores some important goals and toes the line, it would be fine. 

Hell, all he has to do for me is score the winner at WHU and give 'em the Adebayor celebration

• Like 1

I still would prefer him to stay another season as he will get more game time and he's an impactful player. We can look to sell him next summer then. This isn't a Coutinho or Dendonker type situation where a players value has peaked in the past and they're not really in the clubs plans or will be in Squad for PL/CL 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I still would prefer him to stay another season as he will get more game time and he's an impactful player. We can look to sell him next summer then. This isn't a Coutinho or Dendonker type situation where a players value has peaked in the past and they're not really in the clubs plans or will be in Squad for PL/CL 

Squad harmony aside, if we were going to get a player who was 100% focused and giving everything on the pitch, great. Is that remotely likely? 

6 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Players will take the piss and then get on with it. It’s only fans that will have a problem

• Like 2

Unai and McGinn have hinted he is hard to work with. He deletes any association to Villa on social media any chance he gets. He did a West Ham sign to wind up fans. He plays like a petulant kid that nobody passes the ball too and has visible strops on the pitch. 

Yet some fans want him to stay.

edit: forgot to mention in his very young career he already has 35 yellow cards!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unai and McGinn have hinted he is hard to work with. He deletes any association to Villa on social media any chance he gets. He did a West Ham sign to wind up fans. He plays like a petulant kid that nobody passes the ball too and has visible strops on the pitch. 

And in addition I don't buy the argument that his value won't go down if he stays.

Won't his contract be running down for a start? And his reputation.  And it is unlikely he gets as much game time after all his antics. Now is our best chance to sell.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t want him to stay but the club clearly don’t want to sell him below his valuation or send a message to other players that acting up on social media can force the club into a cheap sale. Therefore it would be about making the best of a bad situation if he does stay without decreasing his value by bomb squading him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Exactly. He’s not done a Savo and spat at any fans. If he scores against West Han, fans will still cheer. He still under contract as it stands. There’s zero to gain by selling him below our valuation - if people want to be frustrated about the West Ham blame them - they are trying to get him on the cheap. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Players will take the piss and then get on with it. It’s only fans that will have a problem

You are mistaken. They are all working hard together to try to win and he is trying to seduce other teams rather than get on board - like he is too good to do so.

Not to say it can't be forgiven but many won't be impressed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

edit: forgot to mention in his very young career he already has 35 yellow cards!

Had to check this.

A career yellow card rate of 1 every 158 minutes. Impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

You are mistaken. They are all working hard together to try to win and he is trying to seduce other teams rather than get on board - like he is too good to do so.

Not to say it can't be forgiven but many won't be impressed.

You cannot say I’m mistaken with any certainty. 

Look at the Fernandez interview incident, will the French players at Chelsea still play with him? Of course they will. 

What Duran has done is no where near that bad, and I’d imagine some players either don’t know about it or will not care. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â