Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't think I've ever thought straight, tbf. 😁 But to your point, this. Who said he was acting professionally? Not sure I care much about professionalism anyway in the sphere of player Instagram posts, personally. Agreed, not all young athletes -- indeed, most -- do stupid shit routinely, but young people are learning (at different rates and in different styles), and we need to cut them lots of slack. Duran did something idiotic and impulsive as a 20-year-old (and when all 20-year-olds stop acting that way, please tell me it's time to go ahead and give up on humanity), but he's still Villa until he isn't, and I think we need to accord him a modicum of dignity, the same we would extend to anyone associated with the organization, no matter what he does or doesn't do. (Which is why I found some of the Gerrard hate more expressive of the posters' immaturity than anything to do with Gerrard).

Hahaha fair enough brother ….you’re not alone lol.

I just don’t see age as an excuse when at the end of the day you’re still an adult and others around you at the same age can function professionally without sabotaging everything around them. Doesn’t look like it’s being resolved anytime soon so stuck with him we might be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Guess I’m one of the sensitive ones, it’s one thing to acknowledge most players are out and out mercenaries at this point with no real loyalty or connection to the club, but to reach want-a-way levels Duran has, I don’t respect that. 

The bit that baffles me is he apparently wants away to… literally anywhere. West Ham? I mean, come on.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

The bit that baffles me is he apparently wants away to… literally anywhere. West Ham? I mean, come on.

Wants to play mate, can't say I fault him for that, but he's going about things the wrong way.

He's just a bit of a maverick, well definitely eccentric to say the least. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Wants to play mate, can't say I fault him for that, but he's going about things the wrong way.

I get that, but he did sign a contract to play for us for 4 years… but I get that he wants to play I suppose and that makes sense.

42 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm pretty sure the club knew he wanted a move and would actively be looking so there's no surprise there, as for the crossed arms, bit childish tbh but who really cares? I'm sure Emery won't,.maybe a few of the more sensitive fans will, nothing an apology and a few goals wouldn't fix. 

I don’t feel Unai is the sort of manager to abandon a young player, without good reason.

On the contrary, he seems well engaged in developing young stars.

This boy seems to have issues, Unai can’t help him with…….so moving on seems the only option.

I think it has gone past apologies, but I suspect such suggestions may be unfounded, anyway.

The sooner the deal is done, the sooner we can move on, with our progress.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I doubt it's the lure of the East End or playing in Stratford that attracts him, perhaps more:

Playboy Club, London, 1960s (GIF) | MATTHEW'S ISLAND

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I get that, but he did sign a contract to play for us for 4 years… but I get that he wants to play I suppose and that makes sense.

True, I don't think we should be burning our bridges with him though (he's doing a good job of that himself), cause you never know. I mean let's not pretend Ollie is a diehard and will be here forever. 

17 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

They all want to play…..all young and up and coming young players want to play.

There is a virtue, called patience…..and he seems to be short of it.

To be a top class pro footballer, requires many factors and when one or two are short, mentally that can prove challenging, in a large group.

its pretty important to carry yourself, with composure, and it’s clear this boy is short of that……it seems to me this is a lot more than  “ boys will be boys”….I don’t believe Unai wouldn’t be tolerant of tha.

We need to get closure on this.

11 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

True, I don't think we should be burning our bridges with him though (he's doing a good job of that himself), cause you never know. I mean let's not pretend Ollie is a diehard and will be here forever. 

But Ollie is a sound professional, with all the minerals to be a compliant team player, who seems to have embraced his time with us.

All players need to work on things that mould them in to the vision of the managers team set up…..That requires work, both mentally and physically.

players who resist those, disciplines and challenges tend to ostracise themselves from the group mentality.

48 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Guess I’m one of the sensitive ones, it’s one thing to acknowledge most players are out and out mercenaries at this point with no real loyalty or connection to the club, but to reach want-a-way levels Duran has, I don’t respect that. 

These are the very loyalties , Unai is trying to breed in to the camp and to have resistant forces in the group are counter productive….Hence his stance on this.

57 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I genuinely think it's his representation and agent that are the major dickwads, they probs made a pretty packet when he signed a 4 year deal with us and are now looking for the jackpot.

• Like 1

If it's just about playing he could have asked for a loan.  That would have made sense for both parties.

But let's not kid ourselves here, he's a naive kid who's being led by a greedy agent who wants another big chunk of his next signing on fee.

He/his agent are just advertising that he’s a bad character who will want a move away asap at any new club. Not sure how much of an impact that’d have made on Chelsea but it could well do for West Ham. If they want the move they should shut their mouths 

I’d love to be an Agent, get one good player who’s in demand and you’re sorted for life without really having to do anything extraordinary 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I genuinely think it's his representation and agent that are the major dickwads, they probs made a pretty packet when he signed a 4 year deal with us and are now looking for the jackpot.

May well be part of his problem, but with the disrespect he’s chosen to publicly show the club (and by extension the manager) there’s no way he can come back from that now - imo. Hopefully West Ham walk and he has take the move to Saudi, for £40M.

Making an example of him also puts down a marker to agents, players, and the wider football world. Villa don’t mess around. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don’t feel Unai is the sort of manager to abandon a young player, without good reason.

On the contrary, he seems well engaged in developing young stars.

This boy seems to have issues, Unai can’t help him with…….so moving on seems the only option.

I think it has gone past apologies, but I suspect such suggestions may be unfounded, anyway.

The sooner the deal is done, the sooner we can move on, with our progress.

He has issues when he's compared to a north European players typical profile but let's not forget Durans background is culturally completely different to us. Medellín is or was a wild west city for years and his been brought up with violence and corruption being rife, in his world crossing his arms is next to nothing.

If Emery wants rid then he has to go..... but to me a £40m asking price tells you how highly rated this kids potential is, if he can be tamed and find some contentment being around a squad of professional football players then he's ceiling is huge.....world class is my feeling.....he's 20 years old!

Time will tell but i don't think we will accept much less than 40m and that means we are not in a particular rush to wash our hands of him,  not yet , see what happens when he's due to return.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Awol said:

May well be part of his problem, but with the disrespect he’s chosen to publicly show the club (and by extension the manager) there’s no way he can come back from that now - imo. Hopefully West Ham walk and he has take the move to Saudi, for £40M.

Making an example of him also puts down a marker to agents, players, and the wider football world. Villa don’t mess around. 

Yeah it's deffo a big part of his problem, he's a kid and has prob had them in his ear since he was 14 or something.

I agree with regards to his treatment being a marker too. It'll be interesting how it plays out, for once we're actually a well run football club with amazing staff on the football side.

It's a matter of time till he's pictured playing footy in the garden wearing BCFC shorts because they're the only ones his cousin has in the house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â