Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Go on Villa play hard ball. Meet the valuation or **** off and Duran can fester in the u21s.  

Or...he could be the good player that we think he can be hence our high valuation of him...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Jhon Duran is close to the perfect example of Talent, not being "The be all and end all"

I don't know all his shenanigans, But If Unai, has given up on him, you can bet heavily, he's a bad egg....Unai doesn't give up on young players, easily.

What about Sinisalo, Marschall and Iroegbunam this year?

What about Archer, Ramsey and Philogene last year? Or never playing KKH. 

I personally think Emery is happy to work with any players as long as the squad makeup means he can implement his tactical style. Anyone is free to come and/or go. Similar to how Pep talks. I don't think Duran has been "given up" on I just think there are teams taking a look at him, where they're not taking a look at others. Like Archer for example. I don't think he's attracting the kind of interest we'd have hoped for and it makes sense to make use of him and have a home grown player if he's happy to stick about. 

Anyone we can shift for decent value and wants to go is out the door. Whether Unai loves, hates or is completely indifferent towards them. 

What free App can I use to put Durans head on Peter Odemwingies body driving into QPR on Transfer Deadline day? :crylaugh:

32 minutes ago, Kingman said:

What free App can I use to put Durans head on Peter Odemwingies body driving into QPR on Transfer Deadline day? :crylaugh:

Paint

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder when's he's due back to training, reckon once he's returned things will settle down and he will end up staying.  West Ham will not pay what he's worth. 

12 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wonder when's he's due back to training, reckon once he's returned things will settle down and he will end up staying.  West Ham will not pay what he's worth. 

Problem is he's been quoted as saying his agent is shopping around and looking for a move. Plus the Hammers logo with his hands yesterday on the socials. He's not exactly helping himself at the moment.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Id want more than 30 quid for him to be fair 😜

Freudian keyboard slip on my part, for sure.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

Problem is he's been quoted as saying his agent is shopping around and looking for a move. Plus the Hammers logo with his hands yesterday on the socials. He's not exactly helping himself at the moment.

When does he ever. Nutter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CroVillan said:

I’m not sure if you’re having a laugh or not Marka? Do you really believe that he’s acting accordingly and professionally? Please don’t bring up age because Morgan and other players are in the same age group and don’t act like he is. Would you like me to mention names of players in numerous sports  (even players I’ve played alongside) that their careers have gone to shit because of their attitude.

He is a dead set cancer and needs to be cut out plain and simple, your argument here is truly comical. I agree with some of your posts so either you’re having a laugh or not thinking straight.

I don't think I've ever thought straight, tbf. 😁 But to your point, this. Who said he was acting professionally? Not sure I care much about professionalism anyway in the sphere of player Instagram posts, personally. Agreed, not all young athletes -- indeed, most -- do stupid shit routinely, but young people are learning (at different rates and in different styles), and we need to cut them lots of slack. Duran did something idiotic and impulsive as a 20-year-old (and when all 20-year-olds stop acting that way, please tell me it's time to go ahead and give up on humanity), but he's still Villa until he isn't, and I think we need to accord him a modicum of dignity, the same we would extend to anyone associated with the organization, no matter what he does or doesn't do. (Which is why I found some of the Gerrard hate more expressive of the posters' immaturity than anything to do with Gerrard).

GQ compiled a list of the 50 Greatest Living Athletes for its November issue, including cover man and living athlete numero uno LeBron James. But of course, that list includes some rather glaring and deliberate omissions: athletes whose on-the-field accomplishments have long since been overshadowed by their off-the-field, uh, escapades. These are the athletes we considered honoring...before nervously tugging our collar and thinking, “Ehhhhh, do we REALLY wanna do that?“ Reader, we did not.

• Like 1

Wasn’t there some thought that we were filming behind the scenes last season in case Disney or Netflix or whatever wanted to buy the footage and make a documentary? 

If that is the case then I bet there’s some belting footage of our Jhonno doing weird shit around BMH. What chance of a Jhon Duran Uncut and Uncensored special. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Or...he could be the good player that we think he can be hence our high valuation of him...

An unlikely but perfect outcome would be him staying, realising his representation is shite, growing up, getting a proper agent and letting Emery turn him into a world beating striker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MapleVilla said:

I'm pretty sure the club knew he wanted a move and would actively be looking so there's no surprise there, as for the crossed arms, bit childish tbh but who really cares? I'm sure Emery won't,.maybe a few of the more sensitive fans will, nothing an apology and a few goals wouldn't fix. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm pretty sure the club knew he wanted a move and would actively be looking so there's no surprise there, as for the crossed arms, bit childish tbh but who really cares? I'm sure Emery won't,.maybe a few of the more sensitive fans will, nothing an apology and a few goals wouldn't fix. 

Guess I’m one of the sensitive ones, it’s one thing to acknowledge most players are out and out mercenaries at this point with no real loyalty or connection to the club, but to reach want-a-way levels Duran has, I don’t respect that. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â