Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Stephen Ireland says hi.

Did Stephen Ireland do live stream videos with the intention of trying to get a move?

Not gonna make judgements about his character. But I'll say this...

If I was an absolute nob head, I'd probably be trying to leave a club that just finished 4th, had a world class manager, and I had Ollie Watkins as a mentor.

Edited by Pongo's Socks
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm a little surprised how excited West Ham fans are about the signing of Duran. Also a little confused by how he's described in the video with the "breaking news". 

The dude isn't ready to be starting games at this moment in time. Massive potential for sure, but a long way to go to get there.

Ah well,  if true, £36m + addons is a very good deal for a player that wasn't trusted to spend much time on the pitch last season. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

I am not that bothered about him.

Sure he is big-headed and stupid, but there are plenty like him.

I just have not been impressed by him on the field. He scored some cracking goals but also missed plenty; apart from that he blundered about the field like a loose cannon, and threw plenty of histrionics.

Actually, that was what I liked about him; he was comical.

I certainly do not see him as a top striker, so I say grab the money with both hands and get rid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I’ll just remind some - our so called super fan gobby, actually downed tools.

I have no particular truck with Duran - but I don’t think anyone could say that he didn’t put in a shift or go awol.

I do think that there is too much water under the bridge for this to turn around however.

Speaking of Gabby, now I’ve reached a certain age, I wonder if it was a case of downing tools or  just no longer having the physical attributes he relied so heavily on in his 20’s. 

I liked Duran as a player but dislike his dropping the hammers gesture in his live, that disappointed me, clear he wants out so best get rid.

19 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I have no particular truck with Duran - but I don’t think anyone could say that he didn’t put in a shift or go awol.

I do think that there is too much water under the bridge for this to turn around however.

Not in a game, but I reckon his “toe injury” was a euphemism for gone a AWOL or an equivalent.

He's a petulant man-child, we are a serious club, we don’t have time for his kind of drama. It’s a shame, all the talent in the world, but the worlds probably full of his kind.

Anecdotally, I used to run my University department football team back in the day, we held trials and this South African lad turned up, Teko Bereng, about 6’2” and skinny as a rake but his skills were other worldly, he was awesome, on another level. He could have been a star. There’s a lot of talent that falls away….

Edited by thunderball

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm a little surprised how excited West Ham fans are about the signing of Duran. Also a little confused by how he's described in the video with the "breaking news". 

The dude isn't ready to be starting games at this moment in time. Massive potential for sure, but a long way to go to get there.

Ah well,  if true, £36m + addons is a very good deal for a player that wasn't trusted to spend much time on the pitch last season. 

Can think of a decent performance when he started?

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

This is a little unfair as when he started he either played with the "second string" or in a two with Ollie which we were incapable of executing.

(He's still an absolute bellend, but I won't hold the above against him).

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I only remember him starting 2 games in the PL last season. Think one was against West Ham where he was really poor. The other was against Crystal Palace where the whole team was poor and it was a bit of a write off. But what was clear from those two games was that he couldn't play with Ollie. We looked a complete mess up top as one of them wasn't dropping deeper to pick up the ball as we'd usually do with a Diaby or a Tielemans playing the SS role. 

Think he started a few Europa games but I struggle to remember which ones specifically. 

36 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Oh god please no, not Doris???

Has he ever mentioned Rooney being his idol in any Q&A? 

I've made lots of money on player transfers due to the guy knowing stuff so no need for the sarcasm. I have zero reason to ever doubt anything he said so far.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I only remember him starting 2 games in the PL last season. Think one was against West Ham where he was really poor. The other was against Crystal Palace where the whole team was poor and it was a bit of a write off. But what was clear from those two games was that he couldn't play with Ollie. We looked a complete mess up top as one of them wasn't dropping deeper to pick up the ball as we'd usually do with a Diaby or a Tielemans playing the SS role. 

Think he started a few Europa games but I struggle to remember which ones specifically. 

Played against Legia away, did alright and scored. 

Zrinski at home was dreadful and subbed.

Legia at home I can't really remember but played full match.

Mostar again away was really poor imo. 

He always did better of the bench.

• Like 1

Not sure what to think regards this, he has to go as he is an absolute weapon. Fair play to Monchi for getting a great deal, West Ham will find our in time what a tool he is, but by god the talent is there for all to see, unfortunately I don't think anybody will see his fill potential. He will regret not making the most of Aston Villa & Unai Emery, or maybe he just don't give to shits. Very odd individual 

For me Duran is undoubtedly incredibly talented, he’s a total bellend but that doesn’t detract from how good he is at age 20. His goal per minute record is outstanding and he has scored some brilliant goals in really key moments for us. Ultimately though the club isn’t going to tolerate his immaturity, and rightly so. 

I also can’t begrudge him for wanting to leave, of course he will want to play regular minutes especially having been effective for us in the limited minutes he’s been given. It’s similar to Emi leaving Arsenal for us, I’m sure their fans at the time were saying he can play in the CL and play for a better club or whatever - we all know players only improve by playing regularly at a high level and it’s naive to suggest otherwise. Unfortunately the way he has chosen to leave has been embarrassing, he is lucky if a deal does materialise as his behaviour would surely put a lot of clubs off. I think Duran could be an incredible striker but in the short term £35m+ in the bank and ridding ourselves of that distraction is the right move. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

City away when Ollie was out.   He scored the equalizer before Foden went on his romp.   Don't recall how he did overall that game, but his goal wa nicely taken.

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

Gabby also went on a drinks and laughing gas binge hours after we got officially relegated. The list goes on with that man.

I think Duran is very immature and surrounded by terrible influences. He can turn it around if he has the right mentality- but I just dont see him doing it here.

43 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think he started in Europe too?

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

This legit? 36 mil + add ons 

West ham do seen to have some genuine reliable itks which doesn't surprise me as Sullivan's son is a gobby little shite

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â