Jhon Durán

PieFacE

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sure he has....

It would actually be funny if we sold him to the Saudi league after all these silly games he’s played 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

We also don’t want a gigantic dickhead in our squad.  Our squad cohesiveness is one of our strengths, how they mix so well and you don’t want a bad apple to spoil that.  

He’s not a main player in any sense of the phrase, he’s a young, back up player with potential….that’s it.

Move him on and get somebody who isn’t going to rock the boat.  I mean this guy gets more attention than a lot of the starters and mostly not for good reasons.  

If he was one of the best players at the club I could understand the discussion but he’s not.  Yes he could be in a few years time but more chance than not that he won’t have fulfilled his potential and be even more petulant as we’ve seen in football from so many enigmas at many clubs down the years.

I'm not saying we should keep him, quite the opposite but if we want to replace him then finding someone with the same talent and potential who isn't a clearing in the woods will be very hard.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think we'd still need a proper number 9 on the books and a youngster with limited game time makes sense 

Maybe we stick with archer for the year and see what Wilson is next summer 

Said before the biggest problem with selling Duran is his profile is actually perfect for us 

I generally agree with what you say, I also agree re the profile of Duran but it’s all the baggage that comes with him and the cons are outweighing the pros on him now.  Monchi must have a list of strikers that can be in that category or a slightly different profile but will also add something to our front line if needed.  They may not as everybody is looking for a striker at the moment and if West Ham are willing to fork out £40m for him then the market must be scarce.  What we are getting though is Duran’s time at Villa seems to be over.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I'm not saying we should keep him, quite the opposite but if we want to replace him then finding someone with the same talent and potential who isn't a clearing in the woods will be very hard.

I agree.  I’m still not sure he’ll fulfill his potential as I’m not sure he has the character to go with his talent.

• Like 4

Whilst I don't want him at the club because of his attitude, I do think he's gonna be a very good striker in the end. 

Take the money, forget about him, sign someone else and move on.

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Whilst I don't want him at the club because of his attitude, I do think he's gonna be a very good striker in the end. 

Take the money, forget about him, sign someone else and move on.

My thoughts too. And i dont think he will go on to be a top player personally he doesnt have the drive and right frame of mind.

I reckon he becomes a poundland balotelli

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Never been remotely bothered by his supposed "bad attitude," but anything over £30 is good business, and I wish him all the best somewhere else. He's a bit immature and tries too hard for attention, and that seems to drive some people nuts. Probably jealous. I wish he hadn't done the Hammers thing as it puts a thumb on negotiations in a way that doesn't help Villa, but he's really young still and kids do stupid shit.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I agree.  I’m still not sure he’ll fulfill his potential as I’m not sure he has the character to go with his talent.

Yes, to be a top, top player you need both talent and character otherwise you flatter to deceive. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes, to be a top, top player you need both talent and character otherwise you flatter to deceive. 

Nice idea. Too many examples show it's simply not true. But your basic assumption -- that Duran lacks character -- is silly, too. You might not like him. I get that.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

We also don’t want a gigantic dickhead in our squad.  Our squad cohesiveness is one of our strengths, how they mix so well and you don’t want a bad apple to spoil that.  

He was part of that squad cohesiveness last season.

I know someone who works at Bodymoor Heath.

The things that are not in the public domain about Duran....

Let's just say it's best he moves on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I know someone who works at Bodymoor Heath.

The things that are not in the public domain about Duran....

Let's just say it's best he moves on.

Probably best you tell us! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He was part of that squad cohesiveness last season.

In body but in spirit? Not if the rumours were true…

54 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Nice idea. Too many examples show it's simply not true. But your basic assumption -- that Duran lacks character -- is silly, too. You might not like him. I get that.

I’m not sure if you’re having a laugh or not Marka? Do you really believe that he’s acting accordingly and professionally? Please don’t bring up age because Morgan and other players are in the same age group and don’t act like he is. Would you like me to mention names of players in numerous sports  (even players I’ve played alongside) that their careers have gone to shit because of their attitude.

He is a dead set cancer and needs to be cut out plain and simple, your argument here is truly comical. I agree with some of your posts so either you’re having a laugh or not thinking straight.

Edited by CroVillan
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â