Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I think the club are happy to keep him rather than sell him below our valuation. He's a game changer off the bench and he's going to improve from last season. We will have no shortage of buyers interested next summer too.

Yes he's acting like a clearing in the woods but I really do think that's because he wants to be the No9 for a top club and playing every week and there are a lot of clubs who want to spend a lot of money on him and make him their No9. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the club are happy to keep him rather than sell him below our valuation. He's a game changer off the bench and he's going to improve from last season. We will have no shortage of buyers interested next summer too.

Yes he's acting like a clearing in the woods but I really do think that's because he wants to be the No9 for a top club and playing every week and there are a lot of clubs who want to spend a lot of money on him and make him their No9. 

Yep, he won't be easy for us to replace, he's better than archer, Wilson is way off, even if we do get Felix in we could still do with a young out and out number 9 on the books 

There's a lot of work finding another one of him 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the club are happy to keep him rather than sell him below our valuation

I don't; I think they want him gone. 

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

there are a lot of clubs who want to spend a lot of money on him and make him their No9. 

Shouldn't be a problem selling him for his valuation then should it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

If Toney can get away with his “**** Brentford” comment then Duran could be forgiven his nonsense too - if he wanted to knuckle down and play for us.

I think the problem is that he has an ego the size of Neptune and a brain the size of a walnut. 

Motivation if he stays is to keep scoring and someone meets the valuation we set. I’m fine with that. It’s not ideal, but I don’t think we should sell on the cheap for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He wont come back now, worst case he goes out on loan for a season and the club try and sell him next summer. Trust is very much broken by the looks of it and he's acting like a child, clearly not a model pro and you cant depend on him to do a job.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

If Toney can get away with his “**** Brentford” comment then Duran could be forgiven his nonsense too - if he wanted to knuckle down and play for us.

I think the problem is that he has an ego the size of Neptune and a brain the size of a walnut. 

Can you blame him for the ego? He's only 20 and clubs like Chelsea and West Ham want to pay £35-40m to sign him and you don't spend that money without being a regular player in the team. 

He's clearly a very talented guy and you're going to get ego with that. 

We’re not exactly desperate to sell him so I hope we hold out for his valuation before selling him.

West Ham probably think we need to sell him and keep trying to lowball us on a price, forgetting that they paid £25m for an 18-year old with no Premier League experience.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We’re not exactly desperate to sell him so I hope we hold out for his valuation before selling him.

West Ham probably think we need to sell him and keep trying to lowball us on a price, forgetting that they paid £25m for an 18-year old with no Premier League experience.

Exactly. £40m for someone with 35 PL appearances (on and off the bench) is fair value in the current market. Spurs spent the same on Archie Gray who hasn’t played in the league either. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Dont be so offensive.

to the walnut.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Toney is forgiven because he plays for a tinpot club that are just grateful to have him

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, he won't be easy for us to replace, he's better than archer, Wilson is way off, even if we do get Felix in we could still do with a young out and out number 9 on the books 

There's a lot of work finding another one of him 

Finding another one of him who isn't a gigantic dickhead is pretty close to impossible 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ego is one thing. Having a total lack of respect for the club that brought you to the Premier League and pays you a shit tonne of money is another.

He is leaving so it's not that big a deal. Players do this kind of thing to help speed up negotiations and lower the price. Remember Garth Barry's 'interview' that got published to engineer his move away?! Clubs do the same, like how we treated Ashley Young last year. If they want to get rid of players they will do so without any thought for sentimentality or respect.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Finding another one of him who isn't a gigantic dickhead is pretty close to impossible 

We also don’t want a gigantic dickhead in our squad.  Our squad cohesiveness is one of our strengths, how they mix so well and you don’t want a bad apple to spoil that.  

He’s not a main player in any sense of the phrase, he’s a young, back up player with potential….that’s it.

Move him on and get somebody who isn’t going to rock the boat.  I mean this guy gets more attention than a lot of the starters and mostly not for good reasons.  

If he was one of the best players at the club I could understand the discussion but he’s not.  Yes he could be in a few years time but more chance than not that he won’t have fulfilled his potential and be even more petulant as we’ve seen in football from so many enigmas at many clubs down the years.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We also don’t want a gigantic dickhead in our squad.  Our squad cohesiveness is one of our strengths, how they mix so well and you don’t want a bad apple to spoil that.  

He’s not a main player in any sense of the phrase, he’s a young, back up player with potential….that’s it.

Move him on and get somebody who isn’t going to rock the boat.  I mean this guy gets more attention than a lot of the starters and mostly not for good reasons.  

If he was one of the best players at the club I could understand the discussion but he’s not.  Yes he could be in a few years time but more chance than not that he won’t have fulfilled his potential and be even more petulant as we’ve seen in football from so many enigmas at many clubs down the years.

I don't know who that player is though, obvious one to me is Karim Konate 

And I think villa are holding out for £40m because they know that player won't be cheap

The profit we make on Duran will soon be eaten up by replacing him 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know who that player is though, obvious one to me is Karim Konate 

And I think villa are holding out for £40m because they know that player won't be cheap

The profit we make on Duran will soon be eaten up by replacing him 

That’s fine spending that cash on whoever.  I still think following Diaby already ut and once Duran goes, we’ll only bring in one to replace those two which is likely Felix.

As for possible others, we’ve been linked with Beier as an example.

Anyway I think Duran out, Felix in.  They might just leave Archer around the squad for desperate times.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

That’s fine spending that cash on whoever.  I still think following Diaby already ut and once Duran goes, we’ll only bring in one to replace those two which is likely Felix.

As for possible others, we’ve been linked with Beier as an example.

Anyway I think Duran out, Felix in.  They might just leave Archer around the squad for desperate times.

I think we'd still need a proper number 9 on the books and a youngster with limited game time makes sense 

Maybe we stick with archer for the year and see what Wilson is next summer 

Said before the biggest problem with selling Duran is his profile is actually perfect for us 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â