Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Oh no Jhon.

Better start working on your next club celebration for insta.

Who's the next London club your going to whore yourself out to.

Fulham or Palace?

Doubt he'd start for either of those either 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Some snowflakes in  our fan base … yes he’s been a petulant clearing in the woods but he’s not pissed on the shirt or done anything heinous - Emi has acted like a bit of a dick at times when on international duty - which does then also reflect on the club  but all is ignored cause he’s a fans fav I get it … some of  wanna see what you want and ignore other things depending on the player. If Durán stays and gets his head down then that’s great or he goes at our valuation only - which is great also. some of the hyperbole is just childish imo 

Agree but it's got **** all to do with Emi who has shown nothing but love for the club. I think you could have made your point better without bringing Emi in to it. 

Maybe the way Mings disrespected Bournemouth could be a better example.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

West Ham: is 32m ok Villa? No?! Ok 32m and a packet a of quavers then. That's my final offer!

That's a dangerous game. You could open the envelope and find a packet of Prawn Cocktail in there. 

If the lawyers do their job you'd hope they'd specify cheese. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hows emi disrespected our club exactly?

Edit: *Just changing this first paragraph as it misrepresents Emi even though I tried to make clear it hadn’t been established he was on the bus. My original point is quoted by a couple of people below but was supposed to be illustrative and came across wrong I think, happy to edit rather than derail the thread with more people justifiably wanting to jump on my post in his defence - especially because as I say I love the guy!*

But I don’t want to take this thread wildly off topic - I think basically everyone thinks it would be a good thing for Duran to be sold for £40m, and then I’m in the camp that thinks it’s also fine if he doesn’t go.

Edit: as @Vive_La_Villa says a better comparison is probably how much we loved Mings wearing a Villa shirt at the train station and saying he was desperate for a move while still a Bournemouth player… and we still love him!

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t know who you mean by “apologists” but I still have exactly the same view as I did before it - he’s a really talented kid, keen to play, bit of a loose cannon. Not everything has to be dramatic and polarising even in 2024. Funnier to me on that front is grownup fans getting so upset when if he was at West Ham doing a “come and get me” plea to Villa the same fans would be loving it.

But then I spend half my time these days teaching a course at a university so if I got upset every time a 20-year-old did something stupid and immature I’d have had a heart attack by now!

Think Mings went back to Bournemouth wearing his Villa kit and fans on here loved it

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Think Mings went back to Bournemouth wearing his Villa kit and fans on here loved it

Just edited my post above to say this is actually a perfect example. And we did love it! And the club then made a signing video based on it! (And if West Ham sign Duran, I bet they announce with him doing the same sign on Instagram live again…)

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I guess an argument could be made that the club vice-captain and highest-profile player being caught with a busload of his international teammates singing racist songs about black French players could be more disruptive to squad harmony (when he has multiple black and French teammates) and do more damage to the club’s reputation than a 20-year-old sub making a West Ham sign on Instagram. Not looking to get into someone else’s debate there (and haven’t looked into the “he was on the bus, he wasn’t on the bus, he was on the bus but not singing” stuff) just saying it’s not a mad perspective from the poster you were responding to to think many of these lads are doing stupid stuff and that we pick and choose which parts to be offended about to suit our existing perspectives (i.e. Emi could be filmed dangling a baby off a balcony like Michael Jackson and we would all just laugh about his safe hands because we love him so much. And to be clear I do absolutely love Emi, and laugh at his antics all the time).

But I don’t want to take this thread wildly off topic - I think basically everyone thinks it would be a good thing for Duran to be sold for £40m, and then I’m in the camp that thinks it’s also fine if he doesn’t go.

Edit: as @Vive_La_Villa says a better comparison is probably how much we loved Mings wearing a Villa shirt at the train station and saying he was desperate for a move while still a Bournemouth player… and we still love him!

Dont think there was any evidence on canera that emi participated in that to be honest adam.  Happy to be correct if its on film anywhere. But even still i dont understand how the comparison is same as what durans done 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Dont think there was any evidence on canera that emi participated in that to be honest adam.  Happy to be correct if its on film anywhere. But even still i dont understand how the comparison is same as what durans done 

Yeah and as I said I didn’t make the original Emi point, was just raising the sort of thing that could be seen as problematic even though we love him - a far better comparison is the Mings one that @Vive_La_Villa and @Zatman raised! But I’m in the camp that’s pretty relaxed about Duran…

However having mentioned Mings I think it's fair to say he was far more invested in Villa that Durán is to West Ham. But still we can't be complete hypocrites. 

Anyway I personally think Durán only did that because the deal is done. They are just sorting out the formalities.

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Oh no Jhon.

Fulham or Palace?

Maybe as a prelude to joining Fulham he can post up some videos of him Cottaging? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Some snowflakes in  our fan base … yes he’s been a petulant clearing in the woods but he’s not pissed on the shirt or done anything heinous - Emi has acted like a bit of a dick at times when on international duty - which does then also reflect on the club  but all is ignored cause he’s a fans fav I get it … some of  wanna see what you want and ignore other things depending on the player. If Durán stays and gets his head down then that’s great or he goes at our valuation only - which is great also. some of the hyperbole is just childish imo 

He might behave like a dick at times and be a complete wind-up merchant to opposite teams and fans, but he’s shown nothing but respect and gratitude towards the club that’s rescued him from being a reserve keeper and catapulted him to being  first choice for his country, one of the best keepers in the world, and a World Cup winner.

The absolute polar opposite to that petulant entitled spunkbubble Duran. I can’t understand how they’re even in the same discussion .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway I personally think Durán only did that because the deal is done. They are just sorting out the formalities.

Agreed, my assumption is he did that because he got word that clubs had basically agreed terms, and this deal ends up signed on Monday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Oh no Jhon.

Fulham or Palace?

QPR.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I guess an argument could be made that the club vice-captain and highest-profile player being caught with a busload of his international teammates singing racist songs about black French players could be more disruptive to squad harmony (when he has multiple black and French teammates) and do more damage to the club’s reputation than a 20-year-old sub making a West Ham sign on Instagram. Not looking to get into someone else’s debate there (and haven’t looked into the “he was on the bus, he wasn’t on the bus, he was on the bus but not singing” stuff) just saying it’s not a mad perspective from the poster you were responding to to think many of these lads are doing stupid stuff and that we pick and choose which parts to be offended about to suit our existing perspectives (i.e. Emi could be filmed dangling a baby off a balcony like Michael Jackson and we would all just laugh about his safe hands because we love him so much. And to be clear I do absolutely love Emi, and laugh at his antics all the time).

For clarity it’s been heavily and consistently reported that Martinez was not on the bus.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

For clarity it’s been heavily and consistently reported that Martinez was not on the bus.

Yeah as I said I wasn’t looking to jump in on Emi there and even when there have been supposed pics of him on the bus I said “that could be any bus any time” - I just meant the post could have been about more than, say, timewasting or humping the golden glove. But definitely don’t want to take things off topic or start that debate in here! The Mings analogy is way better!

Guy is a massive tool. Can't wait to see the back of him. Think there's a chance his behaviour gets in the way of his potential wherever he goes. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â