Jhon Durán

PieFacE

52 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Everyone keeps saying how good he is going to be, whilst all I can think of is

Saido Berahino 2.0

You lads who keep saying he isn’t very good might be right (well - you’re objectively wrong at this point based on stats, but I get the idea he might torpedo his own career through immaturity) but as someone who thinks it’s very obvious he’s going to be class and score lots of goals I feel reinforced/validated by the fact that Aston Villa spent £18m on him and several clubs seem keen to double that 18 months later.

From his perspective in about two years he’s earned a move to Chicago, a big move to the PL while still a teenager, scored some screamers and is now being pursued by another top-half PL team willing to drop £35m+ to make him their starting striker. So if we take our Villa goggle off his career is seemingly doing ok…

The good news is whoever is right it won’t make any real difference to Villa once this deal goes through so we can wait and see! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

In what universe would that happen? He'll get more game time next season than he did last. He's getting better as he's getting older and learning. You think West Ham have bid £40m for a player from our reserves?

In what universe? If this move falls through do you think he is going to enjoy the same standing in our squad as he enjoyed in May or is it likely Unai won't want him involved? And people will start to question his temperament also. So yeah it is quite feasible it is better to sell now than wait.

I can't see him kicking a ball in our colours again so I hope the deal goes through.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Letting him go on the cheap doesn’t help us either. Word on the street will be that it’s ok to steal our stuff.

Plus I like the idea of Duran having to come back to training and getting a good kicking.

The schadenfreude of it might be amusing, but ultimately it would be a negative distraction for everyone at the club and supporters as well. Best move him on post haste.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Oh no Jhon.

Better start working on your next club celebration for insta.

Who's the next London club your going to whore yourself out to.

Fulham or Palace?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

In what universe? If this move falls through do you think he is going to enjoy the same standing in our squad as he enjoyed in May or is it likely Unai won't want him involved? And people will start to question his temperament also. So yeah it is quite feasible it is better to sell now than wait.

I can't see him kicking a ball in our colours again so I hope the deal goes through.

Agree completely it’s best we sell him now.

Disagree completely he’d be stuck in the reserves if we don’t. Many, many footballers do stupid things (go on strike, demand a move in the papers etc) and get welcomed back by their team if it doesn’t work - and the fans forget after a couple of goals. And leaving that aside, we wouldn’t destroy an asset like that. Worst case it’d be a loan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Agree completely it’s best we sell him now.

Disagree completely he’d be stuck in the reserves if we don’t. Many, many footballers do stupid things (go on strike, demand a move in the papers etc) and get welcomed back by their team if it doesn’t work - and the fans forget after a couple of goals. And leaving that aside, we wouldn’t destroy an asset like that. Worst case it’d be a loan.

Would be fun if we could force him into a loan in League 1 even if we have to pay all wages and no fee just so he could destroy SHA. Maybe Leyton Orient as he has a London fixation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another thing to note is we clearly have a policy of not selling assets to PL rivals. If a fellow PL rival wants one of our players then there’s a tax. I bet we’d happily sell him abroad for £30m

• Like 2

Would happily sell him abroad. It’s the idea that we’re considering West Ham that makes it horrible. 

that and he’s one of the biggest bellends in all of sports 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Would happily sell him abroad. It’s the idea that we’re considering West Ham that makes it horrible. 

that and he’s one of the biggest bellends in all of sports 

No one aboard has £40m for that kind of player

Not got the name for the Saudis 

PL or nothing 

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Oh no Jhon.

Fulham or Palace?

Seems a bit harsh.

11 minutes ago, Pottervillan said:

Would be fun if we could force him into a loan in League 1 even if we have to pay all wages and no fee just so he could destroy SHA. Maybe Leyton Orient as he has a London fixation.

Effective negotiation requires brass balls. Natural instinct is to panic and capitulate, you can even see it on this thread. ‘Sell him, take what they’re offering, we have to sell etc’

We don’t have to do anything. We’ve got a 20 yr old striker with massive potential and Pl screamers under his belt under a long term contract. We can loan him abroad, we can bench him, humble him and reintegrate him next year, we can sell abroad for less. We hold all the cards here. We don’t even have a PSR issue. We just sold Luiz, Diaby amd Kellyman.

Also psychologically the longer we hold out the more desirable the asset becomes. West Ham are the team trying to move the needle and climb up the league. We’re Champions League. We’re massive. Everything is on our terms now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

good point.  quick sell him for peanuts.  in other news can I play you at poker.

No I'm useless at Poker 

• Haha 1

Welcome to the AVFC bomb squad, Señor Duran.

Population: You.....and possibly Donck too.

30 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Oh no Jhon.

Fulham or Palace?

He’s gonna get his eyebrows done:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Idiot is done at Villa, it would be hilarious if his stupid social media stunt turned off West Ham too. If he stays I don't want him anywhere near the first team.

I guarantee on a West Ham forum now someone is saying “if we don’t sign him I don’t want him anywhere near the Villa first team on the opening day” ;)

One way or another I can see him scoring (and getting booked, of course) in that game…

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Idiot is done at Villa, it would be hilarious if his stupid social media stunt turned off West Ham too. If he stays I don't want him anywhere near the first team.

Are you happy with Emi and his antics ? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Confused 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â