Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Christ. I get home from work and have my wife telling me "You'll never guess whats happened on facebook and so and so is following a new guy on insta". 

Ffs. 

Come on VT to escape and now its all about villa players unfollowing eachother on instagram. 

You can always get a new wife ;)

Wow, we really are playing hardball aren’t we? Dangerous game, because at this point I feel like we can’t really keep him - but if it works out in our favour we (read: Monchi) are going to look like geniuses.

I genuinely don’t get all this “formal bid” stuff. 

Why can’t negotiations just be more conversational and get it done or not over a couple of pints 

a new bid every other day is just tedious 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Wow, we really are playing hardball aren’t we? Dangerous game, because at this point I feel like we can’t really keep him - but if it works out in our favour we (read: Monchi) are going to look like geniuses.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Does anyone know if there is perhaps a sell on clause with Chicago Fire? Would explain why we’re holding out for £40m.

Seems to be, but I don't know the %

A source tells MLSsoccer.com the deal is worth up to $22 million ($18 million up front, plus another $4 million in add-ons). The Fire will retain a sell-on percentage as well. The deal could be the second-biggest outbound transfer in MLS history.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/aston-villa-reach-transfer-agreement-for-chicago-fire-wonderkid-jhon-duran

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Keep him. One man bomb squad him and teach him some respect.

Anyway you look at this, from the outside or inside,  it's totally nuts. Like something from the bad old days of Southgate et al. leaving for "bigger club" Middlesbrough.

One of the very best managers in the world. Champions League experience. More games equals more game-time.... "No, get me West Ham".

• Like 1

As much as I love the idea of bleeding west ham dry.....surely anything north of ~£30m for this nob is a decent return and we can all move on with our lives. 

He's kinda damaged goods and won't play for us again. At one point last season I thought we had wasted the money we'd spent on him because he looks utterly uncoachable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

As much as I love the idea of bleeding west ham dry.....surely anything north of ~£30m for this nob is a decent return and we can all move on with our lives. 

He's kinda damaged goods and won't play for us again. At one point last season I thought we had wasted the money we'd spent on him because he looks utterly uncoachable.

it sounds like it's structure of the deal rather than amount though so it might be 10m now, 10m once he's played x number of games, 10m once he's won ballon d'or

Imagine the deal to West Ham falls through after all his antics 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

In fairness, I don't want us to be stuck with him, especially if he is screwing us doing further business as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it sounds like it's structure of the deal rather than amount though so it might be 10m now, 10m once he's played x number of games, 10m once he's won ballon d'or

Yeah, we want as much money upfront as possible because he and his agent will be angling for another move, starting in January 🙄

So we don’t wanna be left owned anything or missing out. Sell on clause will come in handy.

Chelsea must be the endgame…

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Unai and monchi are serious game masters.  They’ll have factored in Duran staying, the hissy fits and then the eventual acceptance he will have to come to, they know him better than he knows himself. Of course they’ll take the right offer but they will have a plan B, C and D. 

Yup.

Simultaneously teaching him to " Man Up " and realise the business he's in, and that the game he's playing doesn't always work in your favour.

Hissy fits don't always get you your way, it's not preschool or dealing with Mom.

• Like 2

West Ham always were going to be difficult to deal with, I didn't think they would string it out like this though. The player hasn't helped by making it clear that he wants to be anywhere else than Villa Park and now Chelsea aren't interested he's looking like a bad penny that nobody wants. That is playing into West Ham's hands, as they think they stand a chance of getting him at a bargain price, given we clearly want him gone and to use the money elsewhere. Their offering Orford and then deciding to change their minds, sums up their attitude. I guess, this will end up with a "take it or leave it" and them looking elsewhere, if we don't accept the only bid in town. I blame them and the player even more so, for the situation that we are now in. :angry:

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine the deal to West Ham falls through after all his antics 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

In fairness, I don't want us to be stuck with him, especially if he is screwing us doing further business as well.

If he fails with his dream move to West Ham i can see him doing instagram vids of Zulu signals next.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Unai and monchi are serious game masters.  They’ll have factored in Duran staying, the hissy fits and then the eventual acceptance he will have to come to, they know him better than he knows himself. Of course they’ll take the right offer but they will have a plan B, C and D. 

Exactly. His little stunt yesterday has proven that player power won’t win here. We aren’t going to be cajoled into selling on the cheap because of their conduct. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â