Jhon Durán

PieFacE

32 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We are looking for negatives with Duran at the moment because he doesn't appear to want to stay at Villa. I wonder whether the truth about his reactions and general demeanour has a medical cause?

Having some experience (in the past) in dealing with the often difficult management of "problem students" I see signs of possible 'ADHD'. If that is the case then asking Jhon to "wait and be patient" for his opportunity becomes almost impossible for him. This may explain his alleged disruptive behaviour.

Growing up as a teenager in a football environment often means that daily parental support and guidance is diminished or totally removed, and that is a problem for hyperactive young people.

I am just speculating about this being a root cause of his current discontent, but if he has this condition (it can range from mild to full blown), then perhaps we can sympathise and wish him well as he moves on from us.

Why does everything nowadays have to be a condition or people need to look for a condition.

If you don't run you're "depressed" ala Rashford.

Maybe and most likely Duran is just an obnoxious jumped up man child.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

I hope we don't end up stuck with him. His value will only go down if he ends up in our 2024 version of a bomb squad.

Don Monchi knows what he's doing. 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

As good as his return has been this season, I doubt he gets much more than 10 this season if he even hits double figures. He very much seems to be his own worst enemy and I imagine his attitude grates pretty quickly within the squad, especially somewhere like West Ham that won't have a good European run and a CL Challenge to keep the mood up in camp.

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why does everything nowadays have to be a condition or people need to look for a condition.

If you don't run you're "depressed" ala Rashford.

Maybe and most likely Duran is just an obnoxious jumped up man child.

image.png.2716fa41fd0ac2ffbd3ae378fd821575.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Looking at it coldly - which is surely how Monchi will do it:

- Duran has been with us since January 2023.

- Watkins has grown into one of the best forwards in Europe

- Duran hasn’t taken the step up that we hoped. still v v rough despite eighteen months of elite coaching

- Duran shows signs of being so erratic that the usually reserved captain is publicly commenting on it 

- Duran clearly wants a move and has an agent who is increasingly aggressive 

Sale is best for everyone. 

So, in summery. Duran is a cunning stunt. 

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I hope we don't end up stuck with him. His value will only go down if he ends up in our 2024 version of a bomb squad.

In that scenario, I suspect if the price drops to about £20m and as the window gets close to closing there'll be quite a few takers ready to chance it on his potential. West Ham are one of the few who seemingly want him as their starting striker

I wonder if we are negotiating a deal similar to Luiz where we purchase Orford outside of the Durán deal for PSR reasons and that’s a  reason it’s not been sorted yet. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â