Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Shame because in 3 years time I reckon he'd be first choice ahead of Ollie and still only 23 so he could lead the line for us for many years.

But if we put the money we get for him (and Diaby of course) to get a couple of proven Champions League level players in (one defender and one/two attacker(s) please) we will be better off for it I suspect. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, a-k said:

Screenshot was taken out of context. He was just listening to some hardcore rap...

Stream DMX x lord give me a sign (remix) R.I.P legend by N1S5 | Listen  online for free on SoundCloud

He’s just a big fan of The Platform Formerly Known As Twitter.

46 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The shrug as if to say what do you expect? I'm the man? Yeah I found it unbelievably cringe.

That was his exact celebration when he scored vs City (great move n goal tbf).

Probably part of his 20 celebrations that other time too (can’t recall the game).

He does the shrug quite often.

It’s a shame, he showed promise and brought a bit of character and humour. Was nice to see the way he was with some fans too, having kick abouts with kids. Some young fans really liked him and often requested his shirt which he was happy to give.

But the lad’s got issues (incidents off the pitch) and has obviously disrespected his fellow players and Unai, the club. That’s disappointing.

Acting like a proper idiot. 

Get him out and let him be someone else’s problem - his agent will constantly be looking for moves and pay rises. Like John said, he’s a nightmare… in more ways than one.

I’m glad this stress will be taken away from Unai most of all, we don’t need any obstacles or disruptive personalities on our journey to glory!! Just look at the class of the guy to never let on there were even any problems with him.

Implementing the no d*ckheads policy.

• Like 4

He could turn into prime Drogba and it still doesn't matter because it's not going to happen at Villa.

It's been plain as day from the start that Unai was not happy with him, McGinn's comments were also very telling.

Take the money and run.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Shame because in 3 years time I reckon he'd be first choice ahead of Ollie and still only 23 so he could lead the line for us for many years.

But if we put the money we get for him (and Diaby of course) to get a couple of proven Champions League level players in (one defender and one/two attacker(s) please) we will be better off for it I suspect. 

Ah… there’s plenty more fish (Milot?) in the sea I guess. I agree and this was probably the plan, unfortunately Jhon and his agent never did and just don’t have the patience or perspective.

So long.

He misses out on our journey and adventure!!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've been down the Villa three times during Emery's reign.

The first was in April after Emery arrived. Duran came out after the match to sign yet ignored many of the kids there, including my son (eight at the time) he was gutted and ever since he never really liked Duran.

Consequently my son got to meet his favourites, Buendia, Cash, Watkins, Martinez who stayed to meet EVERY single fan. They are legit good people. I tried to explain to my son in a diplomatic way that he (Duran) maybe didn't see you but in truth you could tell what he was like. I never said anything at the time but now seems the right time.I

Another who I was disappointed to see never acknowledge the fans was Douglas Luiz, which was a shame because we really liked him.

In contrast I've met Emery a few times after games waiting to meet the players with my son. So on two occasions he was there for an hour meeting EVERYONE, selfies, talking, signing etc. He's a legend as a manager and a human being. I'm not surprised he sees through Duran.

UTV

Didn’t think I could love Unai more… 😆

Love to hear that about the other players too. McGinn is the same, has even stayed back after (night) games to meet fans and sign autographs for a while.

Guess Dougie could be a little moody but he has had his interactions at times too.

Kind of surprising on Jhon cos he’d interact with kids and ball boys at games, having kickabouts.

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

That’s kind of where I’m at. I still think we need a top class centre back and another top class forward. It looks like Felix will fill one of those roles but there’s not a lot of noise around centre backs. I know people keep mentioning Hermoso but he’s very similar to Pau. We need a Martin Laursen type to play alongside Pau, with Konsa on the right.

• Like 1

Jhon’s live was just him chatting about his love for archeology and ancient Egypt, and the chat had no idea who Tutankhamun was, so Jhon demonstrated. I think he got it spot on… Good on him for teaching the kids about history… Top Bloke

images_2022_07_25_gee1x740.webp

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Thing is, whenever he started games for us he looked awful. 

All his best moments came off the bench with 10 mins to go. 

I don't think his all round game is strong enough to play 90 mins week in week out. 

I'm sure he will develop but I'd be surprised if he was brilliant next season. 

Batshuyai. Comes on against tired defenders, bags a goal, causes chaos. Earns a start.

Can't trap a bag of cement, zero hold up play, clueless tactically. You then remember he's not very good.

Few months later. Comes on against tired defenders, bags a goal...

I remember a game he was hauled off at HT and honestly all he was doing was making runs for himself to bag a goal.

Edited by rodders0223

I am not going to lose any sleep over Durán and this deal. If we end up trading Durán for Felix, it is a master stroke on our part. We win on this hands down. The levels of talent in the two are not even close. 😃

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2

We are looking for negatives with Duran at the moment because he doesn't appear to want to stay at Villa. I wonder whether the truth about his reactions and general demeanour has a medical cause?

Having some experience (in the past) in dealing with the often difficult management of "problem students" I see signs of possible 'ADHD'. If that is the case then asking Jhon to "wait and be patient" for his opportunity becomes almost impossible for him. This may explain his alleged disruptive behaviour.

Growing up as a teenager in a football environment often means that daily parental support and guidance is diminished or totally removed, and that is a problem for hyperactive young people.

I am just speculating about this being a root cause of his current discontent, but if he has this condition (it can range from mild to full blown), then perhaps we can sympathise and wish him well as he moves on from us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Didn’t think I could love Unai more… 😆

Love to hear that about the other players too. McGinn is the same, has even stayed back after (night) games to meet fans and sign autographs for a while.

Guess Dougie could be a little moody but he has had his interactions at times too.

Kind of surprising on Jhon cos he’d interact with kids and ball boys at games, having kickabouts.

Sorry, I forgot McGinn...he was the friendliest and most humble of ALL the players we met. He talked to everyone and just seems genuinely happy to be alive.

I was quite surprised by Emi Martinez, who also seemed incredibly kind and down to earth which was all the more crazy considering he'd just won the World Cup! He also stopped to make sure he spoke, signed and posed for selfies with EVERYBODY too!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 3

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sorry, I forgot McGinn...he was the friendliest and most humble of ALL the players we met. He talked to everyone and just seems genuinely happy to be alive.

I was quite surprised by Emi Martinez, who also seemed incredibly kind and down to earth which was all the more crazy considering he'd just won the World Cup! He also stopped to make sure he spoke, signed and posed for selfies with EVERYBODY too!

☺️☺️

Could do with some competition… Chelsea, Napoli, Saudi clubs even Atletico have all been linked or rumoured… a nice bidding war.

Or, you know, just get this done sharpish!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â