4 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Very true West Ham be calling it a derby game next 🙄

We should ask for our kit back and let them find new colours

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me 

In he starts 30+ games he'll get double figures 

He's a good signing for them, for that value and us having Ollie he's a good sale for us

Stop it. This is VT, no room for considered and balanced opinions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chine said:

Yeah , ‘ versus da vile lot up the fackin motorway’

china plate 

They don’t tumble down the sink in Burninham town either me old cocksparra

• Haha 2

Yeah I agree and think he'll bag a fair few goals for them. At this point, it's just better he's doing it elsewhere rather than here. He'll get far more football there and ultimately it's a good move for all parties, especially if we insert a sell on clause. 

• Like 1

If he starts games he’ll score plenty for West Ham imo.  

I don’t think we made him look good tbh. He scored goals/created chances for us out of nothing and usually when we were down or up against it. Think Palace, City, Liverpool, Lille away shot etc 

Deffo the right decision to move him on though. He’ll never be tactically disciplined enough to work in an Emery team and his personality is clearly toxic. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Emery and McGinn are good judges of character. They have warned us enough. Monchi will hold out for what we want because we don’t need to sell and our U21’s need strengthening.

Respect young man or you will end up picking your Country’s best export in a couple of years.

McGinn said those comments as a joke apparently 😂😂🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't bother mentioning it before as seemed petty but after his brace against Liverpool did anybody see his reaction when walking off the pitch. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Kids an idiot.

The shrug as if to say what do you expect? I'm the man? Yeah I found it unbelievably cringe.

30 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

If he starts games he’ll score plenty for West Ham imo.  

I don’t think we made him look good tbh. He scored goals/created chances for us out of nothing and usually when we were down or up against it. Think Palace, City, Liverpool, Lille away shot etc 

Deffo the right decision to move him on though. He’ll never be tactically disciplined enough to work in an Emery team and his personality is clearly toxic. 

Thing is, whenever he started games for us he looked awful. 

All his best moments came off the bench with 10 mins to go. 

I don't think his all round game is strong enough to play 90 mins week in week out. 

I'm sure he will develop but I'd be surprised if he was brilliant next season. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not trying to make a habit or anything, but if Duran starts 30 league matches for West Ham he doesn't score 10 goals... He has talent no doubt, but the mixture of his arrogance and his new club's arrogance it will dulled and diminished... Look at the attacking talent they have had previously 

You have to remember that attacking talent was being coached by David Moyes hardly dynamic

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Thing is, whenever he started games for us he looked awful. 

All his best moments came off the bench with 10 mins to go. 

I don't think his all round game is strong enough to play 90 mins week in week out. 

I'm sure he will develop but I'd be surprised if he was brilliant next season. 

Don't disagree with that, I think he won't play that well he'll be like a 6/10 player but he'll still score

That's why he's not dislodging Watkins any time soon

West hams issue will be Antonio is a good player who knows what it's about but he doesn't score enough

Next season will show what he is and what he isn't, he'll get goals but his overall game and impact won't be enough, good signing for them because he's got more goals in him than Antonio and Ings good sale for us because he can't work a defence like Ollie can

Duran playing regularly will thrive I think. He'll have some crap games no doubt, but he needs faith and some support. 10-13 goals plus a few assists would be a solid and achievable output for him in a first season playing regularly. He knows it's either him or Ollie here and he's likely to only play sporadic starts if he had stayed. He's binning off champions league football to play regularly. Whatever else that can be said about his maturity levels I think he really does just want to play as much football as he can right now. Or West ham have offered him a stupid contract. Always possible. 

When it does happen I will focus on those brief but explosive goals and the best kneed effort from 20 yards anyone will ever score 

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Who, me or Toney? 😆

Not you mate, VT friends forever!! 😆

I don’t even hate Duran (the situation saddens me tbh, I used to like him. He is a stupid prat though!) but I bloody detest Toney 😂

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â