Jhon Durán

PieFacE

57 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

If he does end up at West Ham I think I’ll have to put him in my FPL team. The chaos and goals will be something to marvel at I’m sure! 

As an impact sub against tired deference's yes. When he starts games (which I admit was rare) he was dealt with quite easily, i expect this to continue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anything11 said:

This is hilariously entertaining.

I agree. On one hand he has to go to somewhere like West Ham and given that his agent is clearly and idiot then they could completely torpedo the deal and he ends up in the under 23s squad for the foreseeable. If Moyes was still there I would think he'd get a tune out of him, Antonio while not always consistent is a chaos merchant that suits Moyes style of football. Duran would be similar.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No chance we've turned down a bid of Orford and over £30m. No chance at all.

Doesn’t really matter if we accepted or not, Duran and his agent will mess up this deal. 

8 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Doesn’t really matter if we accepted or not, Duran and his agent will mess up this deal. 

He can mess it up all he likes in a weeks time after the contract has be signed which I’m sure he’ll cause some sort of rift in the joint in a short time.

I hope what we're haggling over is a sell on clause, because as much as we're laughing (potentially all the way to the bank?), I suspect he'll really come into his own at West Ham. They're quietly assembling a strong team, and under Lopetegui, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts firing, probably as soon as matchday 1, knowing our luck.

It appears West Ham fans are a little salty because we will not agree to their terms. Forgive me but if you want our players you have to pay the asking price. Just like every other transfer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

It appears West Ham fans are a little salty because we will not agree to their terms. Forgive me but if you want our players you have to pay the asking price. Just like every other transfer.

I kind of see why they would be. I think of the reported offer was turned down i think that was a good offer in fairness

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I kind of see why they would be. I think of the reported offer was turned down i think that was a good offer in fairness

I don't see why, It is up to the selling club to know what they want from a deal and the buying club to negotiate as close to what they want to spend. We don't know the details but clearly there is too much space to make a deal. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are two things here and no2 might be driving factor.

1.  Villa said 40m.  Ok a decent offer came in but Villa said no.  Try get 2-3 mill extra.

2.  Duran has now become unplayable at Villa from his actions.  Did West ham put him up to this to force a move and save few mill.  You bet your life they probably did.  Villa will be thinking this and digging their heels in now.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

There are two things here and no2 might be driving factor.

1.  Villa said 40m.  Ok a decent offer came in but Villa said no.  Try get 2-3 mill extra.

2.  Duran has now become unplayable at Villa from his actions.  Did West ham put him up to this to force a move and save few mill.  You bet your life they probably did.  Villa will be thinking this and digging their heels in now.

Yeah i know what you mean but last thing we need is West ham walking and we are stuck with a unhappy player and the fans dont want him here either. Best for all parties that he is gone.

Im my opinion we shouldnt rule out a loan and they have to sign him next summer for x fee if west ham are worried about ffp. We could also put that in next seasons accounts if needed. Just another option if needed (but preferably sold this summer)

10 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Given that we're reportingly asking for Lewis Orford as part of the deal, it does sound like we're in the driving seat. 

Have we asked for Orford to be included?  Or Have West Ham tried to include him?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Have we asked for Orford to be included?  Or Have West Ham tried to include him?

We failed to sign him previously, so they could be using that interest to their advantage or we could've asked. Difficult to know!

If the deal isn't done then he stays, he has no choice. He needs to settle down and get on with it, if he doesn't his career is over before it's begun, we have lost £18m minus a years service but more importantly than that we have drawn a line and shown other players that we will be willing to stand firm against the sort of transfer practices that have cost us our best players over the last 30 years.

If we don't get champions league next year we could have a situation where players start to want to leave for pasture greener and if they have seen Duran force a move for lower fees than we want, than he is worth, then we are back to the same old scenario where our squads are picked apart and we are left floundering.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I actually love seeing him play :- D but preferably at another club, would be fun to see what he can do and how he can develop. It's quite fun seeing him come on beating his chest and cause havoc! Anything can happen when he is on the pitch.

I won't give two sh*ts about how he will play if he wants to leave us. Next.

• Like 1

According to my West Ham pal, there trying to give Orford a new deal now, guess the backlash from there fans, not sure where the deal is now with West Ham & Duran suppose it's just cash & around £40 million. 

2 minutes ago, Frodo said:

According to my West Ham pal, there trying to give Orford a new deal now, guess the backlash from there fans, not sure where the deal is now with West Ham & Duran suppose it's just cash & around £40 million. 

Where?!

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's been reported that we have shown interest in him before. My assumption would be that WHU therefore led with that, in an attempt to spend less.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â