Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

So we’re getting rid a bad apple, who doesn’t want to be here, for close to double what we paid and taking the best young player from a club who aspires to be as good as us who we’ll immediately send on loan and then sell in 12 months time for £20m?

Monchi, you bad, bad man.

And the legend is still at the table haggling for more hahahaha

love it!!

• Like 2

Is he still here?! 

I'd say the stalling for the deal is our end whilst we line up either a replacement or a system so we don't need one.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Spammers can do one. £30m is nothing. He'll be worth 50m next summer 

Could yes but I really doubt Durán will be a household name in 5 years time. There’s nothing I’ve seen in him that makes me feel that he is going to be anything more than a squad player let alone world class. 

Edited by CroVillan

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Spammers can do one. £30m is nothing. He'll be worth 50m next summer 

A sell-on clause is included too which is good. All part of the negotiation 

Is Antonio too old now to consider as part of the deal?  He at least kind of shares some physical attributes of Ollie.  Orford looks a very good prospect but I don't see much of a pathway to first team football for him.

• Haha 1

I do think Duran has the potential to be exceptional, let’s hope he doesn’t smash it at West Ham but I’ve a feeling he will. Haven’t got a scooby who is coming the other way from them. 

West Ham definitely a potential rival next season. That right back they’re after is very good too and would certainly improve us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Could yes but I really doubt Durán will be a household name in 5 years time. There’s nothing I’ve seen in him that makes me feel that he is going to be anything more than a squad player let alone world class. 

If you’re right you have to wonder why Chicago Fire, Aston Villa and now West Ham have spent continually increasing numbers of millions of pounds on him (most expensive teenager in our history by many millions), how he is in a decent Colombia squad so young and why the likes of John McGinn and Unai Emery (neither known for blowing smile up arses) say he has the ability to be one of the best strikers in the world - but maybe you’ll turn out to be correct! Good to have the sell-on clause in there though just in case they turn out to be right. Smart way to do business.

Had hoped for more but if the best deal we can get is £30m, a sell on clause and a random kid who'll be 25th on our midfield depth chart but may get us a few bob down the road.... then **** it. Bye Jhon!

Annoyingly think he'll increase in value by playing week in week out for them. Hope I'm wrong and he starts letting off fireworks in bathrooms

Edited by _AA_786

I'm still not convinced that the current setup will be around for a long time. Duran could be a household name in 5 years time. But I feel like he's going to inconsistent for a while. He's young, and still learning. That with his attitude might be the downfall of him. Could say the same about James. He's floated across numerous clubs over his career but never lasted. Pulls out a few worldies here and there and lives off that. It's a great bit of business for us and if he shines we make some more money off him. Win win for us. The only issue I have is who is backup to Ollie? I'm assuming Rodgers (and at the moment Archer). 

50 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

The Gaffer is smart and level headed. Great thinking from him to play him in order to show his talents and get the money.

Unai is a clever man, he decided to play chess instead of getting upset in the press.

As ever, just shows the class of the man. Never let on there were ever any issues, when there have seemingly been plenty. Always respectful and dignified.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders129 said:

Just want this bellend out of my life now

Don’t think he was ever in your life, was he mate? 😆

But yeah, good riddance.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â