Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think what I struggle to fully understand is in what way he has treated us as shit here, I didn't read those comments quite that harsch. Perhaps he didn't intend to say that WH are a bigger club than us, but just that he was honored that a big club showed interest, which WH is from where he comes. Like a player on the fringes in Real Madrid would say he is flattered that a big club like Villa wants him, I don't see a big problem with that.

Don't disagree at all that he seems to be a tool though, his antics on the pitch shows that, and that's partly why I'd sell him.

The guy has been twerking for a move since about 6 months into his contract. Thoroughly unprofessional.

The thing with Duran is, we all know on paper he could be a brilliant player - he's got the physique and the ability to play at the highest level, and there's flashes that he has the other abilities than would get him there and keep him there. The problem is he appears to be 'a character', probably still quite immature, and that doesn't work when you're on a world that's about discipline and dedication first and foremost - Unai carefully saying he's hard work, McGinn effectively saying his head is on a different planet, that's indicative that you may have personality fit issues or that you need to take the edges off and focus. 

It's fairly clear he didn't really know what he was getting into when he came here, and to be honest he's landed on his feet coming here, but he seems not to have realised that, or his face doesn't fit so to speak, or he just wants the London glamour and the biggest salary as fast as possible and **** everything else. Either way he doesn't seem to enjoy being here, he isn't going to be dislodging Watkins anytime soon... It's probably best for everyone he pisses off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

The thing with Duran is, we all know on paper he could be a brilliant player - he's got the physique and the ability to play at the highest level, and there's flashes that he has the other abilities than would get him there and keep him there. The problem is he appears to be 'a character', probably still quite immature, and that doesn't work when you're on a world that's about discipline and dedication first and foremost - Unai carefully saying he's hard work, McGinn effectively saying his head is on a different planet, that's indicative that you may have personality fit issues or that you need to take the edges off and focus. 

It's fairly clear he didn't really know what he was getting into when he came here, and to be honest he's landed on his feet coming here, but he seems not to have realised that, or his face doesn't fit so to speak, or he just wants the London glamour and the biggest salary as fast as possible and **** everything else. Either way he doesn't seem to enjoy being here, he isn't going to be dislodging Watkins anytime soon... It's probably best for everyone he pisses off.

I think you've answered it as to what he wants with the comment about Watkins

What if he didn't want London, he didn't want money, he just wants to play....

West ham can give him 40 starts a year, we can't give him half that 

I kind of know why fans are so harsh on players that leave us and there's definitely a bit of billy big bollocks run before you can walk going on here but at the same time this kid seems singled out for some at times bizarre negativity from our fan base, there's every danger he plays a lot at west ham, he scores a lot at west ham and then within 2 years he's making noise about going to a bigger club 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I kind of know why fans are so harsh on players that leave us and there's definitely a bit of billy big bollocks run before you can walk going on here but at the same time this kid seems singled out for some at times bizarre negativity from our fan base, there's every danger he plays a lot at west ham, he scores a lot at west ham and then within 47 seconds he's making noise about going to a bigger club 

Just changed that last bit to reflect reality. 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think you've answered it as to what he wants with the comment about Watkins

What if he didn't want London, he didn't want money, he just wants to play....

West ham can give him 40 starts a year, we can't give him half that 

I kind of know why fans are so harsh on players that leave us and there's definitely a bit of billy big bollocks run before you can walk going on here but at the same time this kid seems singled out for some at times bizarre negativity from our fan base, there's every danger he plays a lot at west ham, he scores a lot at west ham and then within 2 years he's making noise about going to a bigger club 

I'd have time for that, people can appreciate when it's better for the player's career when an opportunity comes up elsewhere, particularly a young player. 

The difference is he's been openly flirting with leaving since he barely set foot on the door and there's not really ever been that much feeling he's bought in to his position and his place here. So yeah, it's not a love affair, and it's not hatred either, is probably just best he goes.

You need a replacement. You can't play a season with only Watkins as striker. 

Santiago Gimenez: young and a goalscorer. Or Fōtīs Iōannidīs: he could be a bargain and a great deal. 

Plus Joao Felix in place of Diaby. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jigen said:

Santiago Gimenez: young and a goalscorer. Or Fōtīs Iōannidīs: he could be a bargain and a great deal. 

You are starting to look like Santiago Gimenez's agent at this stage chief.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jigen said:

You're just making up your own vocabulary now.

22 minutes ago, jigen said:

Someone's been playing football manager 

56 minutes ago, jigen said:

You’re proud of those accents, I know it. 

I don’t blame you. 

Loannidis is a baller to be fair, I'm always watching the Greek super league...

I think we should go for Freddy Adu, Moses Ashikodi and Cherno Samba

Edited by rodders0223

Some interesting reading on the KUMB site including:

"Orford is considered to be the best of the youngsters, but to me Earthy and Potts are at least as good, and Casey and Kelly don’t look too far off. There are also rumblings that Orford’s father is very difficult."

"I've seen him play a couple of times, big potential. He captained the England U18s in their last game. Seems mad to let him go."

"The Orford inclusion would help this year's PSR as well as it would probably mean Duran's amortisation would be offset by the Orford profit. Duran at £35m (£30m cash + £5m Orford) 35m/5 year contract = £7m per year Amortisation less £5m profit (all accounted this year) = £2m his year amortisation."

"He must have another year left or Villa would just take him for free? If we don't think he will make it, £5m is a good deal. But these young lads cost little and are effectively lottery tickets. Villa have done well with youth lately and it makes me wonder what they see."

Seems that West Ham don't want to meet our asking price and can see we want him gone. We were linked with the player 12 months ago, he hasn't signed a new deal with them and they see this as a way to make this work. Depends if UE sees it that way. I would want a sell on option as well, but in the absence of any other interest £30m-£35m & Orford & a 20% sell on clause, would perhaps temp us?

KUMB link: https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187955&start=20520

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â