Jhon Durán

PieFacE

56 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Someone posted this pic from when Duran was signed and holds the Villa shirt.

Doesn’t it look like he’s trying to physically distance himself from the shirt, already in January 2023? The plot thickens.

84F7814B-99B0-4811-B9FA-17B1768DA954.jpeg

spacer.png

• Haha 2

West Ham is also interested in Alexander Sørloth from Villareal (competing with Roma). If they land the striker, Duran is a no go for West Ham, as Sørloth is a far better striker (no 2 in goals in La Liga last season).

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Someone posted this pic from when Duran was signed and holds the Villa shirt.

Doesn’t it look like he’s trying to physically distance himself from the shirt, already in January 2023? The plot thickens.

84F7814B-99B0-4811-B9FA-17B1768DA954.jpeg

😂 Shut up! 😂

I don't really get the reactions to his comments (if I read the right ones), better for him to be careful with what he is saying, but it wasn't that disrespectful imo. It's quite normal that players who aren't first choice looks around for other clubs.

Regardless of that I'd take anything over £20M and run. As said before his physical attributes are extreme and he is still young of course, but I haven't yet seen the natural football talent or footballing brain to become a real top class player. And I dont really like his attitude on the pitch. 

• Like 2

Duran and his agent are unprofessional and have no respect for the club. Karma will be he never gets to play CL football in his career.

The sooner this knucklehead is gone the better for the club.

• Like 1

I suspect a lot of stories will come out once he is sold. The apartment etc.

Jhon has a lot of growing up to do and Villa probably isn't the right environment for him to do so.

• Like 2

It's like he doesn't even realise he's at a premier league club already. Who finished 4th and will play Champions League. Who has a world class manager.

It's so very puzzling.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

When did he say that? Totally missed that one. 

After the Liverpool game, last match at VP last season. He had a couple of interviews and there’s footage on social media.

Thought it was unwise at the time but… now I get why. 

“bit of a nightmare” in one,

”come on man, have a bit more respect” in another.

Then joked about him not even knowing he was in Brum let alone knowing who Duran Duran were.

Not exactly a glowing appraisal 😆

We’ve since read/heard that he smashed up a house/apartment (the club had to foot the bill for repairs) and that he crashed his car.

Apparently, and according to some who seem to know more about what goes on at the club, there is plenty that hasn’t been revealed or shared about his antics too.

A Hammers fan who worked with Watkins asked him about Duran too, Ollie said “Ha, good luck”…

likes to party.

-

it’s all a bit sad really, I really liked the kid and he gave us a few memorable moments. Time to cut the cord now though… farewell Jhon, someone else’s problem now hopefully. Feel for him if everyone around him is advising and influencing him negatively…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

After the Liverpool game, last match at VP last season. He had a couple of interviews and there’s footage on social media.

Thought it was unwise at the time but… now I get why. 

“bit of a nightmare” in one,

”come on man, have a bit more respect” in another.

The “bit of a nightmare” line I remember. The respect one I have no memory of which surprises me as that one would seem way more serious to me (“bit of a nightmare” was fairly obviously tongue in cheek IMO, but hard to argue the respect one could be) - can’t find anything online though.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

The “bit of a nightmare” line I remember. The respect one I have no memory of which surprises me as that one would seem way more serious to me (“bit of a nightmare” was fairly obviously tongue in cheek IMO, but hard to argue the respect one could be) - can’t find anything online though.

It’s been posted here some time back… should be able to find it again online too.

Players do separate interviews with different media companies…

Was something like… “sometimes you think, come on man, show a bit more respect”… you could see the “bothered” look on McGinn’s face… assumed that was toward or in relation to the manager and/or coaching staff too.

All signs indicate he was a difficult character to deal with… maybe not serious or professional enough.

Again, a shame… young lad coming from different countries and cultures (Colombia to US… to UK) and he failed to settle or apply himself properly. Doesn’t help when your agent is filling your head and everyone when you go out on international duty…

I’ll be glad when this “stress” is taken away and Unai no longer has to deal with it… no disruption please. Get on board or gtfo.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â