Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

For sake of anonymity I'll just call them Mr Z Man

No no that's too obvious. It was Mr Zat M

Can only think that the people who say that dont go to the games. For anyone who has seen him in the flesh it is clear as day. Constant snarking at other members of the team, face like a smacked arse when warming up, sitting on the bench. Its the kind of stuff you'd expect from prime Ronaldo (or anytime Ronaldo lets face it) not the new kid on the block with everything to prove. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

For sake of anonymity I'll just call them Mr Z Man

No no that's too obvious. It was Mr Zat M

Ah hah! You are referring to Pissflaps… 

• Haha 1

Monchi will be looking to do a deal with Milan to move him out of the PL. 

Can anyone actually say that they have been impressed with him when given his chance ? For every goal there has been numerous wild shots and poor passes. The only thing guaranteed is a yellow card per game. The lad has no discipline and clearly doesn’t like being coached. You can tell from Emery and McGinn that he is a problem. 
Add to that trashing his apartment, writing his car off this lad is not worth the effort.Mark my words, he’ll be playing lower league football in a couple of years.

Close the door on your way out, waster.

Could be playing Champions League football with an elite manager known for improving young players. Would be starting plenty of league and domestic cup games to give Ollie a rest. Instead, he's NOT going to play in the Champions League, and NOT going to play for an elite manager. But thinks it is all good for his career. He's looking like a fool taking advice from fools.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For what it’s worth I think McGinn’s comments - in isolation - aren’t that condemning. I feel “a nightmare” can be, maybe generously, interpreted as being a bit of a character, and the lack of respect comment could equally be considered as him trying things in training, off piste, as it were. Someone who’s not following instruction as well as they should be.

But of course, that quote, along with everything else, yeah he’s not conducted himself in the most exemplary manner.

But again, he’s scored a few important goals for us, arguably the moment of the season was his Palace equaliser. And we’re making a few quid on him. 

Ultimately I’m not that unhappy that we signed him and how it’s turned out. I wish all the problematic players we’ve signed over the years had had a similar ending for us.  

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

tbf I think it’s nice to have some fans that don’t immediately jump onto a players back and look to give the benefit of the doubt. We are just at a point with Duran where there doesn’t seem to be much doubt anymore that he is just a prick. 

Fans are right to be sceptical and shouldn’t be condemned through the filter of hindsight. I wasn’t really bothered by his Twitter likes nor particularly bothered by his comments (though he should not have made them.) He’s been set on leaving for a good while and I’m totally fine with that. I can’t speak for others, but I’m not going to let comments like that change my emotions or how I feel. I don’t know him personally and hope that in the years ahead he matures. But really, I was over it months ago. I just want a good deal financially for the club so we don’t have to discuss him further. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

@trom_borg it makes sense leaving kamara out until jan. We dont even know if he will kick a ball before xmas

I'd rather we keep Kamara in the squad in case his recovery goes fast and put our trust in the forward players we already have (plus someone to take Durans spot in the squad as backup striker)

There's been a complete and utter overreaction to his quotes today, the club have been publicly trying to sell him all summer, it's no secret that he wants to leave, so of course he will be happy to be linked to other teams and hopes something concrete happens, for what he perceives as the good of his career, unless people upset because he dared to call other teams 'big', and reading too much into that.

As for his character no one on here knows about that, unless they know him personally, you can't judge it based on second hand information, or isolated incidents, or one off comments from his team mates as these things don't necessarily define him, no one here would be liked to judged on such a basis, maybe he does have elements of bad attitude, but also he's young, and maybe wild hearted, doesn't mean he's fundamentally a bad person

All we know is that he wants to leave, and the club wants to sell him, so hopefully that happens and we make like gangbusters with the dough

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Monchi will be looking to do a deal with Milan to move him out of the PL. 

Can anyone actually say that they have been impressed with him when given his chance ? For every goal there has been numerous wild shots and poor passes. The only thing guaranteed is a yellow card per game. The lad has no discipline and clearly doesn’t like being coached. You can tell from Emery and McGinn that he is a problem. 
Add to that trashing his apartment, writing his car off this lad is not worth the effort.Mark my words, he’ll be playing lower league football in a couple of years.

Close the door on your way out, waster.

His best moments have been as a impact player off the bench causing chaos. Every time he has started for us he has done nothing.

• Like 1

Anyone that's into FPL may be familiar with this guy, he seems to have some kind of in at the club because he always has some team news/injury info before it's officially out there.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, useless said:

There's been a complete and utter overreaction to his quotes today, the club have been publicly trying to sell him all summer, it's no secret that he wants to leave, so of course he will be happy to be linked to other teams and hopes something concrete happens, for what he perceives as the good of his career, unless people upset because he dared to call other teams 'big', and reading too much into that.

As for his character no one on here knows about that, unless they know him personally, you can't judge it based on second hand information, or isolated incidents, or one off comments from his team mates as these things don't necessarily define him, no one here would be liked to judged on such a basis, maybe he does have elements of bad attitude, but also he's young, and maybe wild hearted, doesn't mean he's fundamentally a bad person

All we know is that he wants to leave, and the club wants to sell him, so hopefully that happens and we make like gangbusters with the dough

Come on brother. Doesn’t take Einstein to realise the lad is a clearing in the woods of the highest order and an utter turd to have around the club. Stop trying to defend him using his age ffs. Rogers is a year older and has shifted to lower leagues and worked his arse off. He was seen screaming at fellow teammates, throwing tantrums and everyone has had enough including all the coaching staff and management. It’s more than bloody second hand information

• Like 1

Duran is still a boy in a man's body, who has reportedly not tried to integrate into his new community of club colleagues since joining our club.

He is advised by an agent and family members who can no doubt see large financial rewards for reinforcing his idea that he can be "the big man" if he leaves Villa now! 

Impatience can be damaging, and he may well regret agitating for a move in the future.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

He should have done a Barry and done a tell all to the tabloids instead. It’s in his interest to find other clubs, he’s clearly not welcome here. I do agree that many overreactions are overblown. I’m really not that fussed by the comments. Just want a good deal, ultimately. 

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Really?🤔 

26 minutes ago, useless said:

There's a reason (or maybe 50) that we've been trying to sell him...

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â