Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

**** off you silly word removed. Big club, West Ham?! Jog on. You won’t be missed. 

Having seen the quotes in context, he’s hanging on to the hope of Chelsea. He’s in for a rude awakening. 

He is so frustrating! He has all of the physical attributes to be a top player, but just lacks that sense of patience and hard work that could scupper him long term. He could very well go on to be a great player somewhere, however he could also be following the same career path of such greats as Saido Berahino or Peter Odemwingie.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Would be happy to see the back of Duran at this stage. He’s not a bad player, he’s just a nightmare to manage and will eventually effect morale amongst the other players. 

• Like 1

He’s still only 20, I hope he matures and eventually breaks away from his agent and gets better people around him, but if one of them is his father, it’s harder. 

The quotes aren’t great by any measure, however, I hope we get a good deal either way. 

So Onana has Duran’s no. 24. You do know that the no. 9 shirt is still up for grabs…….

😉

46 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

What's his **** problem? If accurate, and big if, something behind the scenes must have happened. Fans gave him loads of love last year so we can't be blamed for driving him away!

It’s a head scratcher for me. He really seems to have it in for Villa and just wants to shit on us and I just do not get it at all. 

35 mill + 5 mill addons + 10% sell on. 

I think that package pays us well and protects us if he does bag 20 goals and gets a bigger move. 

It's fine to back yourself, to believe you are the best, but it has to be backed up by achievement - Duran's not earnt the right to behave like this. But if we get good cash, not our problem.

• Like 1

He has openly insulted us as a club and fanbase with his remarks.

We are playing in the most prestigious club competition in the world, if he thinks West Ham are an upgrade I have news for the lad... Let's get some players in who will appreciate the chance to play for the Villa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

35 mill + 5 mill addons + 10% sell on. 

I think that package pays us well and protects us if he does bag 20 goals and gets a bigger move. 

I’ll be surprised if we get a deal that generous. We need him out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s a head scratcher for me. He really seems to have it in for Villa and just wants to shit on us and I just do not get it at all. 

**** right. We brought him over from the MLS (not an insignificant amount of money), gave him game time in the premier league and Europe and he is only just 20. We’ve just qualified for the Champions League and he is coached by one of the very best. He’s just a silly clearing in the woods really. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John McGinn on Jhon Duran: “Big Jhon...he’s a bit nuts. He’s a nightmare sometimes to have in your team. But he has moments of quality, we need to try and keep his feet on the ground the next couple of days. "Jhon doesn't have a scooby who they [Duran Duran] are. He does not have a clue. I mean Jhon I don't even think he knows he's actually in the city of Birmingham never mind who Duran Duran are. But, he's such a raw player, some days you think what a good boy, some days you think come on big man have a bit more respect. But he has everything to be one of the top strikers in the world and hopefully he can do that here."

14 minutes ago, Enda said:

Which posters disputed the evidence something was wrong?

Need to add them to The List.

There were a few posts a couple of months ago of people saying it was all paper talk and there was no actual evidence that Duran had any sort of attitude problem.

Someone said that in that interview McGinn playfully called him a handful... 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

He has openly insulted us as a club and fanbase with his remarks.

We are playing in the most prestigious club competition in the world, if he thinks West Ham are an upgrade I have news for the lad... Let's get some players in who will appreciate the chance to play for the Villa.

He didn’t say West Ham by name. The only club he mentioned was Chelsea, West Ham is clearly his fall back option because he’s been told very sternly that he’s not needed here. That’s it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There were a few posts a couple of months ago of people saying it was all paper talk and there was no actual evidence that Duran had any sort of attitude problem.

Someone said that in that interview McGinn playfully called him a handful... 

Name names. We need to take these posters out and shoot them/bomb squad them/tease them/call them Bluenoses.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â