Jhon Durán

PieFacE

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If those comments are true then it’s goodbye time. I expect that clubs know we want rid and are biding their time to get the price down, knowing full well we won’t want an angry Duran sulking around the squad if we don’t sell. 

I don't think we see it that way, he wants to leave but our valuation has to be met and there is no way the coaching team we have will be played by the player, his agent or the club that wants him. I think he's worth £40m, he young and scores for fun. £30m is a joke of an offer,.he will be staying if that's the highest offer. Loan him out with a decent fee, there will be plenty of takers.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I don't think we see it that way, he wants to leave but our valuation has to be met and there is no way the coaching team we have will be played by the player, his agent or the club that wants him. I think he's worth £40m, he young and scores for fun. £30m is a joke of an offer,.he will be staying if that's the highest offer. Loan him out with a decent fee, there will be plenty of takers.

£35m + £5m achievable add-ons is fair.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"ThErE's No EvIdEnCe He HaS a BaD aTtItUdE"

Yeah, for anyone with any miniscule ability to read between the lines of what has been said since Emery came in, it has been pretty obvious.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I wouldn't even bother holding out for 40 mil for him. Just get rid. We be better off without him 100%

I disagree, selling him cheap is not what we should be doing. He can be a one man bomb squad but he ain't going to manoeuvre his way out the club on a low fee

• Like 1

This is certainly a strategy, I’ll give them that. Just a massive PR risk here that maybe he thinks will force Villa’s hand or flatter his suitors, is best I could try to describe it?

But it just pisses off everyone associated with Villa: I think a loan to Scotland is in order. 

Not defending Jhon, nor should he be giving such quotes to the media, but it's also important to see them in their full translated context. Evidently, be it his father or agent (probably both), he’s been advised terribly and burning bridges unnecessarily. We should still command a fee and not sell cheaply because of these remarks however for me. 

He’s given two different interviews so far that discuss a move away. 

When asked about a potential move he replied: 

“Soy muy tranquilo en esos temas, no lo tomo de esa manera, mi papá si lo toma diferente, pero es importante estar en el radar de equipos como Chelsea y otros y seguir trabajando”.

"My dad takes it differently, but it's important to be on the radar of teams like Chelsea and others and to keep working".

https://caracol.com.co/2024/07/24/jhon-duran-hablo-del-interes-que-genera-en-varios-equipos-de-europa/

The ESPN interview 

La posible llegada a un grande de Europa

“He sido muy privilegiado porque he tenido muchas cosas a mi corta edad, lo tomo de muy buena manera, yo soy muy tranquilo con estos temas, siempre estoy un poco lejos de esos temas, estoy más que todo con mi familia, con mis amigos y ellos son los que me muestran, que sale. Yo lo tomo muy tranquilo con la ayuda de mi representante y mi papá vamos llevando todo poco a poco, claro que el nombre mío suene en esos equipos tan grandes, es muy importante para mi carrera. “Feliz de que se den esos rumores y esperemos que se dé algo concreto”

"I have been very privileged because I have had many things at my young age, I take it in a very good way, I am very calm with these issues, I am always a little far from these issues, I am mostly with my family, with my friends and they are the ones who show me, what comes out. I take it very calmly with the help of my agent and my dad, we are taking everything little by little, of course that my name is being heard by such big teams, it is very important for my career. "I'm happy that there are these rumours and let's hope that something concrete happens."

https://espndeportes.espn.com/futbol/colombia/nota?id=13944790&_slug_=jhon-duran-mi-sueno-siempre-ha-sido-jugar-en-nacional

• Thanks 3

Ok that quote is hideous, is it confirmed as his?

Who are these big clubs being linked with him? West Ham?! 

What a total tool if true, he has missed a golden opportunity by not just keeping his head down and working hard with one of the best managers in world football. Emery could have made him a great player and he would have played a lot more minutes this season if he would stop being a dickhead.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah, for anyone with any miniscule ability to read between the lines of what has been said since Emery came in, it has been pretty obvious.

Yep. I mean the captain of the club unironically stating in a TV interview that Duran was a "nightmare" was pretty unequivocal.

But even that got twisted by the people who seemed desperate to believe Duran was a saint

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I disagree, selling him cheap is not what we should be doing. He can be a one man bomb squad but he ain't going to manoeuvre his way out the club on a low fee

Bomb squad will only reduce his fee anyway as he runs his contract down.  

West Ham have the upper hand now in negotiations, they'll know he's burned his bridges and we won;t want him back in the team, so we will likely have to accept a lower offer to get rid of him.

A lower fee and big sell on clause.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â