Jhon Durán

PieFacE

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

His career will be an interesting one to follow. Definitely think it's better for us that we follow it from afar. 

He could go on to be an absolute world beater, but if there's a sensible offer on the table for him then we should definitely take it. It's very clear he wants more game time and I just don't think he's remotely ready to be a starter in Unai's system based on the few times he has started games. He certainly can't play with Watkins. 

Yeah pretty much my thoughts. Nearly 40m we'll probably sell for and he's started about 5 prem games in 18 months if that.

What I find interesting is people are astonished he'd rather go somewhere to actually play Football than stay here and warm the bench for another season. Players get so much stick for not wanting to play so I fully support Duran wanting to move on. Moving to West Ham makes far more sense for his career than Chelsea aswell given who their other strikers currently are and how good they are at set pieces.

I think he'll score 10-15 goals there if he stays fit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Apparently West Ham want Toney as well.

It would be poetic for Duran to go to West Ham and be second fiddle again with no CL football.

Very poetic. Plus a high dickhead quote at WH.

Sounds like from a West Ham itk on his podcast that Sullivan is trying to get the price down and using Toney as a smokescreen. They want him, but aren’t paying 40m. Price is going to be closer to 30m plus some add ons maybe? I’d still take it to be honest. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Sounds like from a West Ham itk on his podcast that Sullivan is trying to get the price down and using Toney as a smokescreen. They want him, but aren’t paying 40m. Price is going to be closer to 30m plus some add ons maybe? I’d still take it to be honest. 

So would i. We have doubled our money and of the clown does well we get money back. If he flops we laugh at him.

Win win

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So really we need two players now a replacement for duran and diabs

I'd say we need one. Or you'll have to drop a established player from the CL squad

Frustratingly he is exactly the profile of profile of player we would want as back up striker to Ollie

Young, high ceiling, keeps himself physically match sharp, steps up when needed

Being a second choice striker hasn't even really curtailed his international ambitions cos he was in the Colombia squad for Copa America 

Just that impatient ambition which is the problem here (or possibly greedy agents/ advisors/ family circle)

I’m really sad about this. I like big Jhon. He’s a character and a special talent. I think that maybe a lot of the other stuff has been blown out of proportion. He wants to play more and I think that should be applauded. He has been immature definitely but he’s a very young man living his life in a public arena. I was a much bigger idiot when I was 20 but fortunately nobody cared!

Anyway, I think he will leave a big hole in our squad. He really contributed last season and was an excellent bench option when we needed a goal. I also think that he will go on to be a top player.

I fully trust Unai and accept that Jhon leaving is the best thing for our club but he goes with my best wishes and will leave me with some great memories. Nobody strikes the ball better than this guy. 

Sullivan and Levy are always looking to get players for a pittance. Ramsey and Duran will be playing CL football this season whilst them two clowns are still haggling. 
We don’t need to sell but they need to buy. Jog on Cockney clowns 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Have  I missed something. It generally seems to be accepted the Duran is a problem, poor attitude etc. Are there any specific egs of this, or is it heresay snowballing.

For me, McGinn having a public pop at him after he basically scored the two goals to get us Champions League was a real eye opener.

Incredible talent. Doesn't think he has much left to learn. Is wrong.

He still might end up staying I think. He's too good, and we have too many matches, to let him go cheap.

If the penny drops he's lucky to have Emery at this stage of his career, he still has time to save himself from Turkish Super Lig by 25.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Have  I missed something. It generally seems to be accepted the Duran is a problem, poor attitude etc. Are there any specific egs of this, or is it heresay snowballing.

Probably a bit of both. 
He’s acted like a dick on social media, petty stuff but disrespectful towards the club. People like to give him a “but he’s young” pass on this but plenty of 20 year olds know better than this.

However much of the rest of it is unsubstantiated rumour about behaviour and attitude that should be taken with a pinch of salt although McGinn and Unai have given hints that he can be problematic. 

Ultimately, I think the relationship between player and club has broken down and he’ll go which is a shame as, as an earlier poster pointed out, he is actually a good back up striker for us. It’s just not what he wants to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Sounds like from a West Ham itk on his podcast that Sullivan is trying to get the price down and using Toney as a smokescreen. They want him, but aren’t paying 40m. Price is going to be closer to 30m plus some add ons maybe? I’d still take it to be 

If they don't want to stump up the money we're after, maybe Chelsea might be interested in another PSR special......£20m plus Chalobah for Duran ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Frustratingly he is exactly the profile of profile of player we would want as back up striker to Ollie

Young, high ceiling, keeps himself physically match sharp, steps up when needed

Being a second choice striker hasn't even really curtailed his international ambitions cos he was in the Colombia squad for Copa America 

Just that impatient ambition which is the problem here (or possibly greedy agents/ advisors/ family circle)

Agree. Not sure why, but what can have happened here that didn't meet his expectations when we signed him one and a half season ago?

He has been involved in 35 Premier League games and 49 in total, since he joined. He's clearly 2nd choice behind Ollie, but he plays for a club that will play more than 50 games per season. He will be involved in many and possibly start a few of them as well. This is not a bad situation to be in for a player that's still just 20. If he stays he will, before he's 21 most likely have 50 Premier League apperances and some in the Champions League and been in a Copa America final.

Lamine Yamal has achieved more at young age, but Ollie Watkins played in League Two for Exeter when he was 20. 

Has anyone on here seen Duran face to face like getting a signature at the ground or out somewhere shopping etc ?

Just curious to know if he was polite, friendly, snobbish ?

Not a fan of losing Jhon, one of those talents that can either excel on the biggest stage or fade away into obscurity.

Guess West Ham will find out. 

4 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Has anyone on here seen Duran face to face like getting a signature at the ground or out somewhere shopping etc ?

Just curious to know if he was polite, friendly, snobbish ?

I have met him at a tattoo studio.

Prick.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â