Jhon Durán

PieFacE

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I doubt he's the one doing the negotiating, that's what his agent is for.

Oh aye, but you'd expect him there for the media signing stuff.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oh aye, but you'd expect him there for the media signing stuff.

So it doesn't look like this will happen in the next couple of days then.  Hopefully, the negotiations between Villa and West Ham have all been agreed though by now.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's doing a meet and greet at a Nike store in Bogota tonight, so I don't think anything's imminent.

to be fair we signed maatsen whilst he was at the euros and didn't do any of his signing photos till he arrived yesterday

• Like 1

His career will be an interesting one to follow. Definitely think it's better for us that we follow it from afar. 

He could go on to be an absolute world beater, but if there's a sensible offer on the table for him then we should definitely take it. It's very clear he wants more game time and I just don't think he's remotely ready to be a starter in Unai's system based on the few times he has started games. He certainly can't play with Watkins. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's doing a meet and greet at a Nike store in Bogota tonight, so I don't think anything's imminent.

More twerking for Chelsea? 😂

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I can probably understand him wanting to join Chelsea (big 6 club), but why is he looking to leave to play for Wet Spam of all teams 🤣

First team football plus London. Nothing else.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I can probably understand him wanting to join Chelsea (big 6 club), but why is he looking to leave to play for Wet Spam of all teams 🤣

Because he wants to play every week not get 10 mins off the bench here. I think it’s far more respectable to do that than chase the money at Chelsea tbf.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

First team football plus London. Nothing else.

Lopetegui being a Spanish speaker might also be a factor. 

I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham are a top 6 challenger this season. 

2 minutes ago, Tubby said:

As opposed to ALL the Spanish speakers at Villa 🙈

• Like 1

If he matures he could be a modern day benteke - i.e. a player who gets you upper mid table if you build the entire team around him and to his strengths. A real throwback of a player. 

Yet to see whether he has the patience,  teamwork and maturity to play for a top team - obviously not at the moment but maybe that will come with age. 

16 minutes ago, Tubby said:

13 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

As opposed to ALL the Spanish speakers at Villa 🙈

When compared to Chelsea who have an Italian Manager.

Edited by Tubby

16 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If he matures he could be a modern day benteke - i.e. a player who gets you upper mid table if you build the entire team around him and to his strengths. A real throwback of a player. 

Yet to see whether he has the patience,  teamwork and maturity to play for a top team - obviously not at the moment but maybe that will come with age. 

Nowhere near the same mindset, though. Duran is very immature and erratic in comparison - Benteke is/was calm, decisive and assertive.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Because Lopetegui speaks Spanish…. 🙄

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Because he wants to play every week not get 10 mins off the bench here. I think it’s far more respectable to do that than chase the money at Chelsea tbf.

Yep, he's had a big reality check though as he it's likely he assumed he'd be first choice at Chelsea, or at least getting more minutes than what they promised him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â