Jhon Durán

PieFacE

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Firstly, and this is only from what I’ve seen and my opinion, better than Duran will cost £50m+

That puts us in the same problem as we are in now, namely no one in that price bracket is going to want to play second fiddle to Watkins.

Couldn't get into the Colombia team during the copa America suggests he's not very good. I know he's young but still that Colombia team should be easy for him to get into if he was as good as he's made out to be on here. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Couldn't get into the Colombia team during the copa America suggests he's not very good. I know he's young but still that Colombia team should be easy for him to get into if he was as good as he's made out to be on here. 

He’s got two sides from major leagues allegedly willing to spend £40m on him at 20 years old. 

He’s anything but not rated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

He’s got two sides from major leagues allegedly willing to spend £40m on him at 20 years old. 

He’s anything but not rated. 

But most likely going to West Ham of all places…

Just now, nick76 said:

That would be West Ham who have finished above us for 8 of the last 10 years, spent a few of them in Europe and are a side we could really do without strengthening? 

Just now, Steero113 said:

That would be West Ham who have finished above us for 8 of the last 10 years, spent a few of them in Europe and are a side we could really do without strengthening? 

Yep that’s the one

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

the Columbia team that had gone 28 matches unbeaten until the final, which include wins over Spain, Brazil & Germany? Was Grealish not very good when he wasn't getting into the England squad a few years ago?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will he?

Or will he be thinking that he wants another Duran? A youngster who he can develop and shape to get to exactly where he needs to be whilst at the same time already challenging Watkins?

Durans profile is perfect, his personality and agent less so

I can see us signing a very similar replacement, he'll be under 23 

Edit - and fwiw depending on how they see zirkee and hojlund no top team other than Newcastle carry 2 proper established number 9s (and that's only cos they love them up there...) just doesn't happen anymore, city have Alvarez as their back up, Liverpool have Dias and Jota, arsenal have jesus and nkeitah

We don't need a 26 year old in their prime - and they're like rocking horse shit anyway 

Duran takes every chance he has , even half chances, sometimes they come off and othertimes they dont, hes not a team player. His on field attitude also raises questions and also his off field antics will cause issues.

His replacement might be 23 or younger but he will be a more rounded player thats for sure. My guess is Ollie will have more of a battle than he has with Duran.

• Like 2

He’s dangerous as hell on the pitch, so gutted to be losing him in that sense. He can come on and change games if they aren’t going our way. He isn’t a starter though as we only play with one striker to begin with and there is no way he gets in over Ollie.
Shame to lose him, would rather he went abroad than to another PL side. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Emery will not.be thinking like that, he will want a striker who can challenge Ollie for a starting role,  Ollie will have to fight for his position and thats what we need. 

There is no striker that we can sign who can challenge Ollie for a starter role.

Watkins is a top 5 striker in the world 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

There is no striker that we can sign who can challenge Ollie for a starter role.

Watkins is a top 5 striker in the world 

Yes.  If he was at pretty much any other club they'd play him exactly the same. If we replace Duran they'll get similar minutes as Duran got

9 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I’ve seen what I’ve seen, and that’s a very very good striker who’s volatile as hell. 

Personally I love him, he can change a game (see palace, see Liverpool) and will only get better. Strikers are like gold dust and I really don’t like the idea of selling him to a direct rival just because of some pettiness on X. Hardly done an enzo has he. 

That being said, internally if unai thinks he’s gone past the point of no return then it will be a shame to see him go. 

Completely agree. Think there is a VERY good player in there who just needs to check his ego a little. If he can do that then great, if not better not having him at the club. 

Can only hope and that some of the older heads there told him to get his head down, work hard and earn and wait for an opportunity. Probably also wishful thinking though. 😄

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

West Ham are a side in a major league though. The biggest league in the world you could say.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Doesn’t he know that Unai speaks Spanish? 😆

Maresca also speaks Spanish. Nursey is one the most unreliable reporters out there - the biggest highlight he had was getting called out by Steve Bruce for it. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â