Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

John Duran - thread started Jan 2023 - 300 pages.

Jacob Ramsey - thread started Jan 2019 - 332 pages.

Blimey.

In the words of Peter Andre that is insania.

• Haha 4

On 20/07/2024 at 14:18, MaVilla said:

John Duran - thread started Jan 2023 - 300 pages.

Jacob Ramsey - thread started Jan 2019 - 332 pages.

Blimey.

Nothing to moan about in the Ramsey thread is there 😜

• Haha 3

Duran will be on holiday for another week or two, so I'd be surprised if there are any major announcements on this. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Right, we’re banking the Diaby money, now let’s keep this guy. 

No thanks, he wants out so send him on his way and get someone more stable (and better). 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

Right, we’re banking the Diaby money, now let’s keep this guy. 

I’m not convinced we should.  He’s one of those players that looks like 10% chance of amazing and 90% chance he’ll be bombed out of club after club throughout his career.  We need more certainty at the moment, not a potential highlight clip player.

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No thanks, he wants out so send him on his way and get someone more stable (and better). 

Great minds think alike….

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Firstly, and this is only from what I’ve seen and my opinion, better than Duran will cost £50m+

That puts us in the same problem as we are in now, namely no one in that price bracket is going to want to play second fiddle to Watkins.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not convinced we should.  He’s one of those players that looks like 10% chance of amazing and 90% chance he’ll be bombed out of club after club throughout his career.  We need more certainty at the moment, not a potential highlight clip player.

I’ve seen what I’ve seen, and that’s a very very good striker who’s volatile as hell. 

Personally I love him, he can change a game (see palace, see Liverpool) and will only get better. Strikers are like gold dust and I really don’t like the idea of selling him to a direct rival just because of some pettiness on X. Hardly done an enzo has he. 

That being said, internally if unai thinks he’s gone past the point of no return then it will be a shame to see him go. 

• Like 2

Firstly, and this is only from what I’ve seen and my opinion, better than Duran will cost £50m+

That puts us in the same problem as we are in now, namely no one in that price bracket is going to want to play second fiddle to Watkins.

Emery will not.be thinking like that, he will want a striker who can challenge Ollie for a starting role,  Ollie will have to fight for his position and thats what we need. 

Just now, tinker said:

Emery will not.be thinking like that, he will want a striker who can challenge Ollie for a starting role,  Ollie will have to fight for his position and thats what we need. 

Challenge a top 10 in the world striker for a starting role? 

Get your cheque book out Nas, this is going to get messy. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Challenge a top 10 in the world striker for a starting role? 

Get your cheque book out Nas, this is going to get messy. 

Ollies transformation under Emery is amazing but sitting still waiting for Ollie to get injured or lose form isn't going to work for us and Archer as a replacement isn't going to work either. 

If Duran goes another striker will be brought in, it has to happen and Emery and Co will have the player they wants firmly in mind already. Being prepared isn't just Villa's moto, it's Emery's.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I’ve seen what I’ve seen, and that’s a very very good striker who’s volatile as hell. 

Personally I love him, he can change a game (see palace, see Liverpool) and will only get better. Strikers are like gold dust and I really don’t like the idea of selling him to a direct rival just because of some pettiness on X. Hardly done an enzo has he. 

That being said, internally if unai thinks he’s gone past the point of no return then it will be a shame to see him go. 

I couldn’t care less what he’s done on social media, my opinion is based on watching him on the pitch. I don’t think he’s a very very good striker, I think he has the attributes of an excellent striker and looks great in highlight clips but the rest of his game he’s a luxury at best and we need more than that at the moment.  I think he’s far too much of a gamble to have in our squad.

Edited by nick76

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Will he?

Or will he be thinking that he wants another Duran? A youngster who he can develop and shape to get to exactly where he needs to be whilst at the same time already challenging Watkins?

Durans profile is perfect, his personality and agent less so

I can see us signing a very similar replacement, he'll be under 23 

Edit - and fwiw depending on how they see zirkee and hojlund no top team other than Newcastle carry 2 proper established number 9s (and that's only cos they love them up there...) just doesn't happen anymore, city have Alvarez as their back up, Liverpool have Dias and Jota, arsenal have jesus and nkeitah

We don't need a 26 year old in their prime - and they're like rocking horse shit anyway 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will he?

Or will he be thinking that he wants another Duran? A youngster who he can develop and shape to get to exactly where he needs to be whilst at the same time already challenging Watkins?

Durans profile is perfect, his personality and agent less so

I can see us signing a very similar replacement, he'll be under 23 

Yeah it will be this if Duran goes. 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I couldn’t care less what he’s done on social media, my opinion is based on watching him on the pitch. I don’t think he’s a very very good striker, I think he has the attributes of an excellent striker and looks great in highlight clips but the rest of his game he’s a luxury at best and we need more than that at the moment.  I think he’s far too much of a gamble to have in our squad.

I don’t know where this mythical super consistent finished article is coming from without spending mega bucks?

Attitude aside, Duran is taking the spot in our squad of super high ceiling, developable striker. We are not getting what you’re describing to come to Villa and be second fiddle to Watkins. Not better than Duran at this stage and certainly not for £14m. 

Maybe a loan? I dunno. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â