Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't. I think he's erratic and not hugely skilful. I can see him being considered a flop at the end of the season as people will expect the finished product for £40m. He's far from that.

I think a lot of that is his youth - I'd probably agree about the skilful part, though his strength and pace make up for that.  He's only 20 and has played a handful of games.

If you look at West Ham, he's basically the "next" Antonio.  Someone to lead the line and bully defenders and I think he can absolutely do that... whilst also being a decent finisher.

Still hope Duran **** off.

I couldn’t give a shit about his potential. Balotelli had huge potential, but the fact he was a word removed meant he didn’t realise it fully.

Duran gives me the same vibes.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Still hope Duran **** off.

I couldn’t give a shit about his potential. Balotelli had huge potential, but the fact he was a word removed meant he didn’t realise it fully.

Duran gives me the same vibes.

Next week! 🤞 

• Like 1

The problem with Duran is he isn't very versatile tactically. I get the sense Emery wants players who can fit into a number of positions/systems and it's only ever appeared that Jhon can play centrally. Being behind Ollie you then find yourself in a difficult position. 

I think when he leaves we will replace him with a player who's position is primarily a striker but can also play behind or wide which is why the Kilicsoy rumours make a lot of sense given he's also young but has found a lot of playing time on the left wing. 

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Fair, but also fair to point out that Balotelli still won more major trophies than, say, we as a club have in 100+ years.

12 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

The problem with Duran is he isn't very versatile tactically. I get the sense Emery wants players who can fit into a number of positions/systems and it's only ever appeared that Jhon can play centrally. Being behind Ollie you then find yourself in a difficult position. 

I think Emery's systems require a tactical discipline from everybody to make them work - Duran is more of a wildly destructive force up top and it seems is difficult to persuade into a more disciplined role. To get the best out of him, you pretty much play a ten man system and Duran - if West Ham are prepared to do that, he could score a whole lot of goals for them.

From what I saw he did tend to drift in and out of games, so he will definitely score a few but also not have the impact that you want and need from a sole forward leading the line and expected to bring in other attacking players like Bowen, kudus, Guilherme. 

lopetegui also plays quite a rigid style so I’m not sure Duran will thrive in that system, he wants to be the star striker and wildcard and not sure he will have licence in that system which is defensive first 

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

From what I saw he did tend to drift in and out of games, so he will definitely score a few but also not have the impact that you want and need from a sole forward leading the line and expected to bring in other attacking players like Bowen, kudus, Guilherme. 

lopetegui also plays quite a rigid style so I’m not sure Duran will thrive in that system, he wants to be the star striker and wildcard and not sure he will have licence in that system which is defensive first 

Seems like he also wants to be the "alpha dog", so it wont bee a surprise if his new teammates think hes also a nightmare

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Diaby goes, he should follow him to the same destination, I thought those 2 worked well together actually for us and chemistry was building between them. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â