Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

We have to buy another striker. We can't go into next season with Watkins and a couple of players who can play there 

We probably do yes.

I could see Rogers playing up there without too many issues though.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We probably do yes.

When Diaby signed Emery said a good thing about him is he can play across the front 3 positions. Some people still obsessed about pigeonholing players into specific positions. 

You could buy another "striker" and they are crap. Just ask West Ham about this

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’s also nowhere near good enough to play CF for us.

To be fair he’s just had one or even two training sessions with Unai Emery for the first time. He could be the new Messi by now!

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He did that last season. And the six months before.

Kid just wants to go and start 25-30 games next season and that certainly isn't happening here.

We will get another very good fee for someone who's hardly started a league game for us and intrigued who we target as a replacement.

Ollie, new CF + Rogers/Diaby is probably what we'll go with up to January.

I’m not worried about getting a replacement. I know that’ll be sorted out eventually. I just am curious as to why wanting to move on seems to be the only respectable option. 

He was in the MLS before last season and wasn’t great when he started games for us last year. He’s got a deadly leg but he hasn’t really shown anything worthy of being a starter at this level. But hey, if someone wants to throw us 30-40m and a sell-on clause for him who am I to turn my nose up at that 

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We probably do yes.

I’d like to see him being tried there during preseason. He has the attributes but let’s see how he can do.

9 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Considering the sparse minutes Duran got last season adding an extra 3rd choice striker into the mix wouldn’t appear to provide much of a logical benefit 

Only because ollie didnt pick up a injury. You have to plan for every scenerio 

At times ollie looked absolutely knackered

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Just realised the Villa account has been wishing luck to Martinez, Konsa, Watkins and even Maatsen - but nothing for Duran and Colombia. Must have really pissed someone off! 

came on to post the same. i just assumed he wasn't in their squad

and before anyone says it could just be an oversight, social media admins 100% receive direction from senior folks within the club around what to and what not to post. it's clearly very deliberate

imagine if duran comes on and scores the winner in the final? that will be interesting to see how the social media team covers it!

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

Just realised the Villa account has been wishing luck to Martinez, Konsa, Watkins and even Maatsen - but nothing for Duran and Colombia. Must have really pissed someone off! 

It's understandable isn't it. Duran wants to leave and Coutinho was a big waste of money.

Surely will have to say something at the weekend as Colombia have a decent chance of beating Argentina in 90 minutes (no chance on penalties though).

Having Duran and Watkins win continental tournaments within 24 hours would be an amazing moment for the club. Guaranteed one winner with Emi involved.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did you just confuse Colombia with Coutinho? 

Yes sorry misread that bit but my point on Duran stands. Who cares about a player who is going to leave us anyway 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â