Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He won't, we'll just sign a new CF 

Think its a risk going with ollie and one striker tbh. I think 2 + archer

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Archer isn't good enough, it's not going to happen for the lad

We'd need a new back up, I don't think it's going to happen for them either but maybe moukoko or adeyemi 

Im not sure i think he could do a job under emery. He looks a handful at times

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Archer has to stay if durans sold

Why ? he’s an average bottom half premier league forward who deserves to play week in week out for his own career … Durán is different class and shame to see him go but he also deserves and needs to be playing week in week out at his age and talent. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or we just get another striker/forward who is currently better than Archer and Duran?

I think we should be going in with two senior strikers and a young striker like archer. Its going to be a very demanding season. Ollies had a very minimal break so i am expecting him to play less this season

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Why ? he’s an average bottom half premier league forward who deserves to play week in week out for his own career … Durán is different class and shame to see him go but he also deserves and needs to be playing week in week out at his age and talent. 

Duran wouls have done no better than archer did in that sheff utd team. That team was totally useless so a unafir comparison for archer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It'll be Watkins + 1 and we have Rogers and Dobbin if we need to use them there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Archer will be sold, I’d be amazed if he wasn’t.

Yeah he probably will but thwn i think we will need two strikers 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't, I don't think we can feed another senior striker, you look at the other teams around us and none of them carry 3x out and out strikers, they have goal scoring wide men to carry the load, I'd be surprised if a Danny Ings style signing happend 

That's the problem with selling duran, he actually fits the profile of what we need perfectly 

Maybe we do keep archer around (or can't sell him) and end up with Watkins + 2 young strikers but either way I can't see it being Watkins + archer 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Duran wouls have done no better than archer did in that sheff utd team. That team was totally useless so a unafir comparison for archer

Beg to differ … Archer is gunna have a solid career somewhere else (hopefully) but it won’t be here. Duran has everything except patience to be a truly class player

It'll be Watkins + 1 and we have Rogers and Dobbin if we need to use them there. 

Dont know too much about dobbin. Can he play there? You are probably right in all fairness

That's where I am too

I'm looking at city, arsenal, Liverpool etc they're all the same, no one is carrying 3 number 9s, I'm not sure any good team after us and Newcastle even carry 2, city are haaland and Alvarez, arsenal are havertz jesus and nkeitah, Liverpool are Nunez salah Jota Diaz etc 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont know too much about dobbin. Can he play there? You are probably right in all fairness

Yeah he's had game time there when in loan at Derby.

He's had 15 games at CF and 15 as SS in total according to transfermarkt 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Emery knows best! 

Unfortunately not even the mighty Emery gets to decide who wants to buy our players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Having patience to learn from one of the better strikers in the league and arguably the best coach in the game isn’t respectable enough though? 

He did that last season. And the six months before.

Kid just wants to go and start 25-30 games next season and that certainly isn't happening here.

We will get another very good fee for someone who's hardly started a league game for us and intrigued who we target as a replacement.

Ollie, new CF + Rogers/Diaby is probably what we'll go with up to January.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we should be going in with two senior strikers and a young striker like archer. Its going to be a very demanding season. Ollies had a very minimal break so i am expecting him to play less this season

Considering the sparse minutes Duran got last season adding an extra 3rd choice striker into the mix wouldn’t appear to provide much of a logical benefit 

37 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Who would buy him for money worth accepting?

We just £9m to break even, hopefully someone takes the gamble on him for that price

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He's not to Emery's taste. That's why he went to Sheffield United. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah he's had game time there when in loan at Derby.

He's had 15 games at CF and 15 as SS in total according to transfermarkt 

He’s also nowhere near good enough to play CF for us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â