Jhon Durán

PieFacE

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

IF he ends up a £100m player we end up getting another 8.5m so we will get 35 + 8.5 + any add ons we get also

Aren’t sell-on clauses usually the amount above the initial transfer fee? So if we sold him for 35m and then West Ham sells him for 100m we would get 10% of 65m not 100m. 

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Aren’t sell-on clauses usually the amount above the initial transfer fee? So if we sold him for 35m and then West Ham sells him for 100m we would get 10% of 65m not 100m. 

can be either, depends on the contract.

iirc Coutinho's was 50% of the base fee (we owe them if we sell).

Others are % of profit.

etc etc.

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Sorry yes 6.5m not 8.5m

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

So, if Jhon scores, will he show his previous club respect by not celebrating? 

Mental image of him scoring and running straight to Emery, standing in front of him and saluting whilst Emery claps and laughs (through gritted teeth).

This happens in the 89th minute and we’re 5-0 up so it’s all good.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s lashed in screamers against some of the best teams in the country. It’s totally ok to think he’s not going to make it for whatever reason, but he’s clearly already someone who will likely score 10+ goals in a PL season if he’s playing regularly (just based on his record per minute for us) and there’s almost no-one of his age who that is true of. 

£35m is great though because if he does go on to be a £100m player we won’t feel too sore about it, but if he crashes like many on here predict then we have banked a nice profit anyway for someone who isn’t playing much. My guess is he ends up somewhere between those.

Yep, spot on

I prob haven't paid enough attention to know why people seem to dislike him so much nowadays. If he goes, it may just be cos  he sees Ollie Watkins blocking his path to first team for the next couple years at least. He prob does need regular starts to develop his all round game in this league. clearly got some talent. If this is the deal it sounds a better move for him than Chelsea.

If a deal is agreed, Villa will probably be saying yeah it was £50m, West Ham claiming it was £25m.

I look forward to it.

12 minutes ago, switters said:

I prob haven't paid enough attention to know why people seem to dislike him so much nowadays. If he goes, it may just be cos  he sees Ollie Watkins blocking his path to first team for the next couple years at least. He prob does need regular starts to develop his all round game in this league. clearly got some talent. If this is the deal it sounds a better move for him than Chelsea.

The body language experts think his attitude stinks and people are offended that he doesn't want to be here forever and isn't die hard villa and want to learn his trade under unai the god

To be fair he does come across as a little immature but then he is young, mcginn said in an interview something along the lines of him being batshit crazy too

But for everything his personality currently is and even for how much money we can get for him it'll be a shame if he does leave, there's a player in there, especially if it's for west ham cos they will start him and he'll go on to have a good career, Chelsea there's every danger they'll ruin him

I'd rather we kept him, I don't think he's going to be easy to replace 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, switters said:

I don’t think anyone dislikes him per se, although appreciate some of the comments might make it seem so. I don’t think any of us want him to leave, he’s clearly talented and scored some big goals for us this season. That being said, there are indications that he’s difficult to manage both on and off the field so it’s rock and hard place for us, keep him and risk him being disruptive if he’s not getting the game time he expects, or sell him (for a seemingly great fee) and risk him becoming world class over the next few years.

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Kid's a knobhead.

Is he? I haven't invested enough time to get mad about his use of social media. Appreciate his goals and wish him luck whereever he lands next.

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If a deal is agreed, Villa will probably be saying yeah it was £50m, West Ham claiming it was £25m.

I look forward to it.

and the Sky6 fans will be complaining about this deal somehow, that we are cheating or something.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Not ideal giving a potentially very good player to a side just below us in the pecking order, but hey ho, if they're the ones offering the money then we take it and run.  Definitely one that can come back to haunt us.

Emery knows best! 

Ultimately, cash in and rebuild. If he doesn't want to be here, so be it. No point holding onto someone who wants to leave. Best for both parties.

Considering a striker Liam Delap, who's 1 year older than Duran who has scored 12 championship goals in the last 3 seasons went for 20 million today. I think 35 million for Duran is cheap!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I wonder if we will insist on Lewis Orford being part of the deal. £45mill plus extra and Orford - oh and a nice sell on clause and I’d sell. 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Archer has to stay if durans sold

Archer isn't good enough, it's not going to happen for the lad

We'd need a new back up, I don't think it's going to happen for them either but maybe moukoko or adeyemi 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â