Jhon Durán

PieFacE

You could sense Unai wasn't a fan of his attitude on the pitch.  Still managed to get some decent output from him and I don't blame Duran for wanting to go to play regular footy, he seems the type who would enjoy the London lifestyle and attention.  I'm intrigued as to who we have lined up to replace him, unless they feel Rogers has the potential to be Ollie's understudy plus they think Archer's homegrown status makes him worth keeping.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What am I missing here? Isn't this an INSANELY good deal? Why would anyone pay this much?

Potential. Which, whatever people's view of his attitude, we can broadly agree he has a good deal of. 

Plus him doing quite well at the level in which West Ham compete and that we are a top four club right now meaning we can get a nice sum for our back-ups just as the other teams that end of the table often do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How much profit would you forsee us needing over the window/season to be well prepared for next season accounts and not have any similar PSR issues?

It's very hard to predict because we don't even know the 23/24 accounts to give us a help to project the 24/25 ones. I think with Jack money rolling off we'll need about £50-60m realistically. So Duran bringing in 25-30m is about half of what we'll need. It depends on how many players com in also. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's very hard to predict because we don't even know the 23/24 accounts to give us a help to project the 24/25 ones. I think with Jack money rolling off we'll need about £50-60m realistically. So Duran bringing in 25-30m is about half of what we'll need. It depends on how many players com in also. 

And all of that is dependent on income, which is rising all the time.

55 minutes ago, villa89 said:

His ability level is what's in question, from what we've seen so far he needs a lot of improvement to make it as a PL striker. 

He’s lashed in screamers against some of the best teams in the country. It’s totally ok to think he’s not going to make it for whatever reason, but he’s clearly already someone who will likely score 10+ goals in a PL season if he’s playing regularly (just based on his record per minute for us) and there’s almost no-one of his age who that is true of. 

£35m is great though because if he does go on to be a £100m player we won’t feel too sore about it, but if he crashes like many on here predict then we have banked a nice profit anyway for someone who isn’t playing much. My guess is he ends up somewhere between those.

• Like 2

seems to be a lot of people on here arguing he'll self implode and not fulfill his potential.  not sure what this is based on.  his problems have been based around wanting game time and getting pissed off without it.  At West Ham he'll likely get it and, to me, he looked determined to make the most of that game time.  I think it's a good deal for us but I also think it's a good deal for West Ham and I can see him scoring some worldies for them as well as getting a couple of red cards.  that said I reckon he'll get 15 goals and him and bowen will be a stronger forward line than West ham have had for ages.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s lashed in screamers against some of the best teams in the country. It’s totally ok to think he’s not going to make it for whatever reason, but he’s clearly already someone who will likely score 10+ goals in a PL season if he’s playing regularly (just based on his record per minute for us) and there’s almost no-one of his age who that is true of. 

£35m is great though because if he does go on to be a £100m player we won’t feel too sore about it, but if he crashes like many on here predict then we have banked a nice profit anyway for someone who isn’t playing much. My guess is he ends up somewhere between those.

IF he ends up a £100m player we end up getting another 8.5m so we will get 35 + 6.5 + any add ons we get also

Edited by CVByrne

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless the willingness to take the step down is only because the hot chick you were going to leave your wife for, because you were frustrated about not getting any action for a while ...

was only teasing and leading you on as to how much she really wanted you.

Now you've burnt all the bridges at home , got no place to stay, are  left with a boner, and have to settle with the 4 out of 10 after a few beers.

Oddly specific there dude!?

• Sad 1

Just now, one_ian_taylor said:

Go to London.  You'll  either be mugged or not appreciated

You might even be mugged and appreciated. There are some very diligent muggers in the Big Smoke.

We're basically generated 20m in the space of 1 year, which is pretty much on par with our supposedly blockbuster Adidas commercial deal. This is the way to make money. Unfortunately it means we'll have some talents slip through the cracks but it's the only way to compete. 

• Like 3

I mean even meatballs said he's a bit crazy. Good business for us and a bit of a loose canon. We can get someone in Unai wants and hopefully someone who can be a bit more consistent and learn from Ollie and the coaching staff. Orrrrrr we have Rodgers and we keep Archer 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MapleVilla said:

I mean even meatballs said he's a bit crazy. Good business for us and a bit of a loose canon. We can get someone in Unai wants and hopefully someone who can be a bit more consistent and learn from Ollie and the coaching staff. Orrrrrr we have Rodgers and we keep Archer 🤷‍♂️

keeping Archer would be a terrible outcome.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 20:27, Chine said:

West Ham interest

On 14/06/2024 at 20:30, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Is it pay per word?

Yes

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â