Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Tells you everything you need to know if the kid is genuinely looking to leave a champions league team to join west ham. Get him out and bring someone in with potential and at least half a brain. 

That he’s willing to take a step down to get more game time rather than sit on the bench and collect his wages?

You have to respect that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That he’s willing to take a step down to get more game time rather than sit on the bench and collect his wages?

Having patience to learn from one of the better strikers in the league and arguably the best coach in the game isn’t respectable enough though? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah it's weird. Fans hate players who are happy to sit on their contract knowing they will not play but also now dislike a player who is looking for more game-time so his development doesn't stagnate. He always tried his best for us and scored some important goals. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Why the hell didn't I think of this?!

Good job. 🫡

Thanks, I thought it was a bit simple yet effective. A bit like Jhon himself. 

• Like 1

Not ideal giving a potentially very good player to a side just below us in the pecking order, but hey ho, if they're the ones offering the money then we take it and run.  Definitely one that can come back to haunt us.

£35m and a sell on fee is excellent business for us, if true.

With Antonio now 34 years old and Ings 31 (but moves like a 40 year old), you'd expect him to go in as the starting number 9. If he tears it up, it's a great deal for West Ham but I'd also full expect him to push for a move again if he has one good season.

Meanwhile, we can go and spend the money wisely to improve the squad and potentially grab a striker who has the stomach to wrestle Ollie's starting place away from him - without throwing his toys out of the pram.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Isa said:

Good move for everyone involved. Best of luck to him 

Yeah he wants to be the no1 striker and feels he's ready to do that. He'll never be no1 here with Watkins being the perfect player for us. So it's a win win 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Not ideal giving a potentially very good player to a side just below us in the pecking order, but hey ho, if they're the ones offering the money then we take it and run.  Definitely one that can come back to haunt us.

I don't see what options we have. We need the profit for PSR in 24/25. We only have Chelsea and West Ham able to afford him really. As much as we'd like him to move abroad they don't have the cash the PL does. We can't keep him as he want to play regularly in the first team and we can't offer him that.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nah. McGinn will end him in the opening game for the disrespect

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Unless the willingness to take the step down is only because the hot chick you were going to leave your wife for, because you were frustrated about not getting any action for a while ...

was only teasing and leading you on as to how much she really wanted you.

Now you've burnt all the bridges at home , got no place to stay, are  left with a boner, and have to settle with the 4 out of 10 after a few beers.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

One way you could look at this is Emery & Monchi perhaps have a lesser view of Jhon than we do. Selling to a rival/selling a player with “massive” upside, neither are shrewd choices; so it stands to reason our shrewd decision-makers may not be quite as bullish on Jhon as many supporters

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless the willingness to take the step down is only because the hot chick you were going to leave your wife for.

Frustrated because you haven't gotten any bedroom action for a while,  was only teasing and leading you on as to how much she wanted you.

Now you've burnt all the bridges at home , got no place to stay, are  left with a boner, and have to settle with the 4 out of 10 after a few beers.

Here for you if you need to talk! x

• Haha 4

He'll have £10m of book value. So we'll book a £25m profit for PSR or if we can get the figure higher or easier to hit add ons like 10 PL goals

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't see what options we have. We need the profit for PSR in 24/25. We only have Chelsea and West Ham able to afford him really. As much as we'd like him to move abroad they don't have the cash the PL does. We can't keep him as he want to play regularly in the first team and we can't offer him that.

I agree, and it's effectively what I've said in a more negative way. It's not ideal but we take it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

One way you could look at this is Emery & Monchi perhaps have a lesser view of Jhon than we do. Selling to a rival/selling a player with “massive” upside, neither are shrewd choices; so it stands to reason our shrewd decision-makers may not be quite as bullish on Jhon as many supporters

Kid wants to play regular football and is frustrated he's not getting that here. He wants to move and we need the money to invest in our squad. It's a simple win win especially with a sell on clause

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don’t think West Ham is a big threat, yes they could finish above us but I doubt they get above 65 points, so if we get less we’d fail to get the CL, it won’t be because West Ham got stronger or got Duran. For Chelsea they can get a better player anyway so them spending is good anyway for us. They won’t give all these youngsters chances, they also seem in a mess as much longer term deals they’re doing but the reality is they’re in a mess.

A 35+ for a player that only started 3 PL games (two of them many players were rested for) is clearly a big money. I didn’t expect we’d be able to do that or attract such clubs.

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah he wants to be the no1 striker and feels he's ready to do that. He'll never be no1 here with Watkins being the perfect player for us. So it's a win win 

Don't expect Watkins to be here forever

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'll have £10m of book value. So we'll book a £25m profit for PSR or if we can get the figure higher or easier to hit add ons like 10 PL goals

How much profit would you forsee us needing over the window/season to be well prepared for next season accounts and not have any similar PSR issues?

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Kid wants to play regular football and is frustrated he's not getting that here. He wants to move and we need the money to invest in our squad. It's a simple win win especially with a sell on clause

I guess I just think that if we viewed Jhon as a special talent we would have handled this differently and done more to retain him. We need a player in his role  and that player is likely to get more regular game time than in previous seasons with our extended schedule and the inevitable wear and tear on Watkins. I  also don’t think it’s a savvy move to allow a player, and what appears to be an aggressive agent, dictate our personnel policy to us; which contributes to my belief the rationale behind this move may be slightly different to what we perceive.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â