Jhon Durán

PieFacE

13 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Anyone else feeling like it feels it will always be impossible to jump to the level of the top 6 long term, seeing United come out suddenly and seems they'll be getting Zirkzee, Light and Branthwaite like it's nothing. Then Chelsea signing new wonderkid every day, Estevao looking like best Brazilian prospect since Neymar.. how can you even compete against this..

Chelsea worry me more than United. They're signing so many players with potential, that some will inevitably come good - the challenge is it Maresca can find a starting XI bit like Poch had to deal with.

United's transfer business is more questionable... keeping ETH?  keeping Rashford as a main attacker?  selling Ratboy Bruno maybe? 

• People may bring this back up as the season progresses but I'm really not convinced Zirkzee will be the sure fire hit they hope for. last season could have been an anomaly and he seems to be quite streaky in terms of form.
  • De Ligt looked great at Juve but had Bonucci and/or Chiellini schooling him through games and he's never been able to look good without them.
  • Branthwaite in fairness looks a real talent

However they have now got in their DoF so it may start clicking into place.

That would be a great deal for us, but it's also a nod to the ceiling he has.

Shame he has no patience.

Ollie's first long term injury ever ,incoming as soon as the move is confirmed guaranteed 💪🏽

The guy has all the tools to be a top player but his attitude will forever hold him back, 

This saga is very predictable to me, he joins West ham, has an amazing season for them and then kicks off again next summer, trying to force his way out.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie's first long term injury ever ,incoming as soon as the move is confirmed guaranteed 💪🏽

I’m sure we have been lining up a replacement because this always looked like it was going to happen for 6 months at least.

26 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Tells you everything you need to know if the kid is genuinely looking to leave a champions league team to join west ham. Get him out and bring someone in with potential and at least half a brain. 

Looks like he just wants to play first team football to me,. 

I like Duran a lot, he's endearingly mad and despite his rawness I think it's obvious to see why his potential is regarded as being so high, but it shows how mad football has gotten that folk think £50 million is a reasonable fee to expect given his record to date.

Seems like a good deal all-in-all, in the short term it's essentially losing a substitute in order to have more wiggle room financially to be able to improve the starting eleven.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie has never been injured and therefore never will be

4 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Looks like he just wants to play first team football to me,. 

That in no way explains all the issues at VP. McGinn has never spoken about another colleague publicly in the way he spoke about Duran at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

That in no way explains all the issues at VP. McGinn has never spoken about another colleague publicly in the way he spoke about Duran at the end of the season. 

All the issues at VP! What are those then? McGinn said he's a bit nuts so people make assumptions that he is a wrong un without knowing the facts.

Good move and price to be honest. Profit in our investment while he clearly helped us securing many points which took us to CL. From what I can remember, Palace, Burnley and Liverpool. Those are 7 points won by him. 
Sometimes when you look at it this way, even lesser signings can be helpful, Zaniolo for example won us two points, Sheff Utd and West Ham, without those we wouldn’t have gone to the CL. 
To get a player this young from the MLS spending big amount of money, then getting helped by this player (despite how young) and to be able to make this profit on that investment I think it’s a brilliant story from our club. Hopefully more to come.

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Well, he’s certainly changed his tune:

And it takes a HELL of alot for him to turn.

One of the most positive and supportive Villa fans.

Bet he'll be gutted as a South American as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

However, to be so eager to leave a club playing the Champions League to move to West Ham is just a bit baffling. 

But hey ho, I'm more than happy for him to become West Ham's problem. 

I’m a bit more old school - if any player wants to leave a club where they are generally on the bench for one where they have a shot at a regular starting place, I think that’s fair enough. Don’t get me wrong I think our bench is a totally solid place for him to learn from Emery, Watkins etc and develop slowly, but can’t fault him not wanting to be backup. We are just as quick to slam players who don’t show ambition.

He certainly has potential but making a decent profit on someone who is unlikely to be a starter is good for both parties.

Used to be a time when making a profit on a player was almost unheard of at Villa.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â