Jhon Durán

PieFacE

The West Ham link is probably his agent trying to push Chelsea into getting the deal done.

The thought of them not signing one of their Football Manager recommendations would scare the shit out of Boehly.

On 02/07/2024 at 14:36, lexicon said:

Why not? He's good and Emery knows how to get a tune out of him. He got 17 goals and 6 assists in all comps last year.

Unai only coached Jackson for about 2 months and his form at Villarreal only kicked off when Unai left

Chelsea did sign that kid from Barca B reportedly for the first team but it was for quite a nominal fee. So until they make a major CF signing this summer, they will remain contenders. 

Possible things will progress after Duran returns from Copa America. 

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unai only coached Jackson for about 2 months and his form at Villarreal only kicked off when Unai left

Alternate viewpoint - he'd listened, implemented the suggested improvements and got better as the season went on. He was a kid who was fulfilling his potential, not someone who had suddenly found himself out of form due to the new boss being on a different page.

Besides, it's Unai **** Emery - he gets the best out of players. 

I wonder if we will try and get Lewis Orford as part of the deal, £35m plus him wouldn't be too bad, I imagine Orford value to be between five and ten million, so that would value Duran at £40m or more

Yeah if it's around £35m-£40m II'd take the money and run. Just make sure to put in a sell on clause in the event he does mature and develops. Currently I don't see him as a player suited to a heavily tactical Emery-ball and this kind of money is just too good to turn down as I feel we have holes in the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I wonder if we will try and get Lewis Orford as part of the deal, £35m plus him wouldn't be too bad, I imagine Orford value to be between five and ten million, so that would value Duran at £40m or more

Is that the "the next Declan Rice" kid?

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure we can orford him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah if it's around £35m-£40m II'd take the money and run. Just make sure to put in a sell on clause in the event he does mature and develops. Currently I don't see him as a player suited to a heavily tactical Emery-ball and this kind of money is just too good to turn down as I feel we have holes in the squad.

i agree, 35m+, with a sell on clause is a good deal i think.

I do think he will become a top player, its a pity we wont get to see it, but if his attitude is even half as bad as some imply, its best to get rid, unfortunately.

I wouldnt be surprised if some of the alleged attitude issues are mostly down to not being a starter, if he got regular games somewhere, i wouldnt be surprised if he calmed down a lot.

either way, probably best to sell.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â