Jhon Durán

PieFacE

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Shit man… I’ve always liked the kid and don’t really want him to leave… but if he and/or his agent are pushing for a move (and if he has caused any issues, much that we aren’t really privy to) then he simply has to go… and won’t be remembered quite so fondly.

Wished he loved the club as much as JPA…did that video have no effect? 😆

He’s a character and has given us some good moments and a bit of fun.. like this 😆

Things seemed good back here… WTH happened?

Come on Jhon… you’re getting to learn and play under one of the best managers and coaches in the world!

Trouble is, it seems clear that his head has been turned and his preference is a move. It would be swapping a place on the bench at Villa Park for a place on the bench at Stamford Bridge, but it seems the bright lights are calling louder than playing for a CL club. :( For me, it is better to let him move on and try his luck there. They have players that we can take in part exchange, that will soften the loss. 

3 minutes ago, John said:

Trouble is, it seems clear that his head has been turned and his preference is a move. It would be swapping a place on the bench at Villa Park for a place on the bench at Stamford Bridge, but it seems the bright lights are calling louder than playing for a CL club. :( For me, it is better to let him move on and try his luck there. They have players that we can take in part exchange, that will soften the loss. 

I’d rather take the money and run… not really interested in their players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John said:

I think now that Chelsea have bought Kellyman I doubt they want Duran from us as well.  And I doubt anyone else is willing to pay £25m+ for Duran.  

So we are stuck with him and he is stuck with us for another year.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think now that Chelsea have bought Kellyman I doubt they want Duran from us as well.  And I doubt anyone else is willing to pay £25m+ for Duran.  

Why would signing one of our players affect signing another one? It's not like they play in the same position. It's seems the Duran deal stalled because of his wage demands. 

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Its cute you think they are following any sort of logic with regards to their transfer business.

He's young, exciting and South American, best believe they want him.

If we were to do a player swap with Chesea I suspect it would either involve Gallager, or we would take one of their academy players, similar to how they took Kellyman from us, or maybe both, which was kind of implied by Romano. I've said it a few times, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kiano Dyer end up with us at some point, came through West Brom academy, family are Villa supporters I think, his dad Lloyd Dyer came through our academy, if it gets to the point where pathway for him into Chelsea squad looks blocked, then might follow a similar path to Sousa and Rogers, that is leave West Brom academy to go to top teams before making their way to us, I guess Barry should also be in that category

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ender4 said:

This seems likely - so will Chelsea  not wanting him be the certainty he needs to commit properly to the project for the next season at least?

Personally, hope he stays, as I know if he's here once the window closes then it will be with Emery's blessing and confidence. He's an unreal talent. 

But I do wonder what sort of reception he'd get first home game of the season given his antics. He really is a world-ending prick and you worry what impact a fan backlash will have on such a fragile temperament. 

Â