Jhon Durán

PieFacE

47 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I've seen nothing from the guy to suggest he's anything better than a 20yr old promising striker......really not seeing the hype about the lad tbh.

That wonder strike vs Palace or the brace against Liverpool meant nothing

8 goals last season when his minutes totalled just over 12 full games.....

Shit man… I’ve always liked the kid and don’t really want him to leave… but if he and/or his agent are pushing for a move (and if he has caused any issues, much that we aren’t really privy to) then he simply has to go… and won’t be remembered quite so fondly.

Wished he loved the club as much as JPA…did that video have no effect? 😆

He’s a character and has given us some good moments and a bit of fun.. like this 😆

Things seemed good back here… WTH happened?

Come on Jhon… you’re getting to learn and play under one of the best managers and coaches in the world!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Would many swap Duran for Jackson at Chelsea? 

I would. I do really rate Jhon but if he’s going to leave, then Jackson would be a really good replacement. I know that he’s missed a lot of chances this season but the rest of his game is really top.

I think he is trying too hard and with some top level finishing coaching, he could become a really top player. People forget that he is still very young and hasn’t been playing centre forward for that long. He reminds me of Watkins when he first signed for us but Jackson has higher potential.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Would many swap Duran for Jackson at Chelsea? 

Probably. He's the better all round player at the moment but then he is also 2 and a half years older. Will be interesting to see how good Duran is in 2 years time.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thats on the people obsessed with Duran. Twitter is not just about his football life

He could be tweeting emojis about some inside joke but easily offended Villa fans are quick to jump on anything he does.

If it's an inside joke, why tweet about it 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Jackson has also worked under emery. Id take him for sure 

After that penalty fiasco - and his complete inability to finish - a huge no thank you. There’s a reason why Emery didn’t move for him after Jackson left Villareal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isa said:

I find it difficult to take much issue with any player wishing to leave for more minutes. Especially at his age when it is vital for his development. 

Those minutes should be earned rather than just wished for ...

59 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

After that penalty fiasco - and his complete inability to finish - a huge no thank you. There’s a reason why Emery didn’t move for him after Jackson left Villareal. 

Totally agree!!

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's pretty difficult when he's the understudy to the most durable elite striker in world football. There is no doubt that he's made an impact off the bench, not really sure what more he could have done to get minutes aside from repeatedly 2-footing Watkins at training.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's pretty difficult when he's the understudy to the most durable elite striker in world football. There is no doubt that he's made an impact off the bench, not really sure what more he could have done to get minutes aside from repeatedly 2-footing Watkins at training.

That's fair, but the rumours are the Chelsea deal has hit a wall because of his demand for playing time. 

Unless he goes to a lesser club or league he isn't going to get any playing time demands met. So he'll have to earn them at any club by waiting for his chance to cement a spot or he will need to, at his very young age to learn his craft with the time he gets and wait until better opportunities present themselves.

No club of any merit in Europe is giving him guaranteed 1st team striker status.... Not based on his decent, but very small body of work.

He hasn't earnt the right to be carrying on like an absolute plonker.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

But he did do well with rather limited minutes. He was just behind Watkins having a great season and they don't work as a pairing unfortunately.

It's nobody's fault, just the way it is sometimes. So best for all parties if he departs, at least on loan. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

I think its low confidence.  He has so many opportunities his anticipation is up there with the best. I think he has massive potential 

Â