Jhon Durán

PieFacE

If he does want out then I would imagine it's because he's not content to just sit on the bench but knows he's not getting passed Watkins. 

I get both the calls for him to be patient but also understand his desire to play as he's not the average 20 year old promising striker.

The guy has insane physical attributes and drive. It doesn't make him all the names under the sun and an awful guy.

As ever, it's worth considering it from various angles and realising there are shades of grey and not just black and white. 

He's basically stuck here waiting for Oli to get a bad injury which sucks for everybody. In the 90s and 2000's he'd be playing alongside Watkins in a 4-4-2 and things would be fine but times are different now. 

I'm not saying he hasn't got a bad attitude, I don't know the fella but I think the whole situation needs a bit more of an empathetic view.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

If he does want out then I would imagine it's because he's not content to just sit on the bench but knows he's not getting passed Watkins. 

I get both the calls for him to be patient but also understand his desire to play as he's not the average 20 year old promising striker.

The guy has insane physical attributes and drive. It doesn't make him all the names under the sun and an awful guy.

As ever, it's worth considering it from various angles and realising there are shades of grey and not just black and white. 

He's basically stuck here waiting for Oli to get a bad injury which sucks for everybody. In the 90s and 2000's he'd be playing alongside Watkins in a 4-4-2 and things would be fine but times are different now. 

I'm not saying he hasn't got a bad attitude, I don't know the fella but I think the whole situation needs a bit more of an empathetic view.

He will play more at Villa than Chelsea. I'm sure of that.  I think he will leave this summer wherever it may be. Good luck to him when he does.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Regardless of people's feelings about him 

Seeing the " Get out of my club " comments etc on his last Instagram posts are a bit mental and helps nothing.

Aside from this it seems our players like him based on the likes and comments I see from Pau, Rogers, Digne, Tielemans and Diego etc.

All the speculation about him and some of his rumoured conduct annoys me as well obviously, but in reality we don't really know everything.

Yeah, this is true. It’s just brainless and how’s he gonna react and feel after seeing all that shite? It’s the same on Twitter, people just venting at him.

Beyond stupid to post abuse and hatred directly at players…certainly doesn’t help our cause.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will play more at Villa than Chelsea. I'm sure of that.  I think he will leave this summer wherever it may be. Good luck to him when he does.

He barely got any minutes last season so I don’t know why people are so sure he’ll play more here than elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, this is true. It’s just brainless and how’s he gonna react and feel after seeing all that shite? It’s the same on Twitter, people just venting at him.

Beyond stupid to post abuse and hatred directly at players…certainly doesn’t help our cause.

I stand by that football fans being the biggest snowflakes on the planet. So many pathetic blokes out there.

17 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Minimal evidence.

16 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

He barely got any minutes last season so I don’t know why people are so sure he’ll play more here than elsewhere 

1124 minutes as a 20 year old for a team that finished 4th whilst missing 13 games through injury.

You reckon he'd get more at Chelsea ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

19 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I stand by that football fans being the biggest snowflakes on the planet. So many pathetic blokes out there.

It goes way too far and they avoid any repercussions, even descends into racism and shit.

They hurl all sorts of abuse and filth at games, yet when a player reacts they’re condemned for it. It’s ridiculous.

There was that Brentford fan abusing Ollie (who knows what crap he came out with) and all he did was point and laugh/smile at the guy after scoring. The guy who gets piled on and abused is Ollie, much of their fanbase just turned on him 😆 it must have been bad for someone like him to react to aswell, he’s such a top bloke.

It’s one thing having an opinion or negative thoughts or concerns over a player… but sending hate their way and at them is a whole other thing. Embarrassing.

-

I do have my concerns over Duran or the situation, but I don’t feel any hatred or inclination to abuse him. I wish he was happy and just stayed.

But, I’m just gonna be disappointed in any player who doesn’t respect Unai or the club… and question why they’re desperate to leave when we’re pretty much prospering or well on the way to doing so.

We can’t have any kind of disruptive presences or distractions… best to offload anyone who is one.

It’s a wait and see on this but his agent has already been vocal about their interest in moving and about Chelsea… doesn’t seem like he will be sticking around.

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seeing the " Get out of my club " comments etc on his last Instagram posts are a bit mental and helps nothing.

Aside from this it seems our players like him based on the likes and comments I see from Pau, Rogers, Digne, Tielemans and Diego etc.

All the speculation about him and some of his rumoured conduct annoys me as well obviously, but in reality we don't really know everything.

The get out my club one always make me laugh. Like the fan has a stake in the club or something. If anything as an employee of the club he could actually tell the fans to get out of his club!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

1124 minutes as a 20 year old for a team that finished 4th whilst missing 13 games through injury.

You reckon he'd get more at Chelsea ?

To be fair, that's over all competitions. In terms of Premier League, he played 462 mins, the equivalent of 5.1 games and scored 5 goals. I reckon he'd have got more minutes at Chelsea if they were in Europe like we were.

Ok, his game time might be fairly limited (which isn’t unusual for a young player who has a top player in front of him and in the side). But I would’ve thought he’d be relishing turning out for us in the Champions League… it’s pretty much all we hear about when players talk about their dreams or whatever.

He could raise his value and exposure even more if he made some appearances, put in some impressive performances and scored goals for us in those sorts of games… and wouldn’t his agent see that as a good opportunity too? Or is quick money or a raise for his client all he cares about?

As long as his attitude and commitment is right, he’d surely get even more game time and even starts, like in the early rounds of domestic cup competitions and against some weaker teams.

Why not stick around and work hard for the team, for at least another season? What’s the desperation to leave and the fascination or allure of Chelsea? Why the rush?

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Wezbid said:

To be fair, that's over all competitions. In terms of Premier League, he played 462 mins, the equivalent of 5.1 games and scored 5 goals. I reckon he'd have got more minutes at Chelsea if they were in Europe like we were.

Fair enough.  Depends which other striker they sign. Be shocked if they start the season with only Jackson as the main striker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough.  Depends which other striker they sign. Be shocked if they start the season with only Jackson as the main striker.

If Nkunku can stay fit then that would have an impact too but it also depends on what sort of formation the new manager wants and what style of play. Duran offers attributes that they may want but don't have.

4 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If Nkunku can stay fit then that would have an impact too but it also depends on what sort of formation the new manager wants and what style of play. Duran offers attributes that they may want but don't have.

Feels like who ever the head coach is they will have to use the players they are given and doesn't have too much say in who is signed.  If they continue with the pursuit of Durán and eventually sign him something doesn't sit right with me. 

Let's see how things play out.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These idiots online were giving Dougie death threats for missing a penalty vs Olympiakos and probably why he did want to leave in the end

Vile people

• Shocked 1

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah and it's tiresome now 😴

Thats on the people obsessed with Duran. Twitter is not just about his football life

He could be tweeting emojis about some inside joke but easily offended Villa fans are quick to jump on anything he does.

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I've seen nothing from the guy to suggest he's anything better than a 20yr old promising striker......really not seeing the hype about the lad tbh.

Â