Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Same here.

I feel a lot of people on here are overreacting based on a few likes on X and 2 comments from Emery and SJM.

He's a 20yo kid. I was way worse at 20 and so were many of you. He will mature.

No, I think he will be endearingly nutty his whole career like Balotelli

1 hour ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Same here.

I feel a lot of people on here are overreacting based on a few likes on X and 2 comments from Emery and SJM.

He's a 20yo kid. I was way worse at 20 and so were many of you. He will mature.

Nah, that doesn't stand up, you and I didn't have the privilege or opportunity, I wouldn't play that down.

The club paid £14m+ and pay him a big salary. With that comes responsibility, you grow up fast in professional sport. People believe in you, have backed you, and a lot of staff at Villa will be running around taking care of his every need and tidying up after him. You should always respect your employers and the club, the fans too as they also pay your wages - there will be plenty of players reminding him of that. It might seem a little thing but its only the petulance you see. They work hard to control the rumoured tantrums, disrespectful behaviour in training, him wrecking his accommodation. (I have to caveat that we dont know if anyone else is a problem!)

But its common decency, he's a man child being poorly advised, everyone can see if he knuckles down he could be the real deal, he just needs someone in his camp keeping him grounded, it seems he has the opposite. It would be a real disappointment from a sporting perspective if he failed to realise his gift. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He was the one saying Villa going to have PSR issues at the beginning of last season. And everyone reacted like you have here 

turns out he was correct. 

He was also correct when he said if Villa receive a £100m bid for Grealish he will be sold. He was right about that too

On 27/06/2024 at 22:32, daggy_333 said:

It's his general conduct the entire time he's been with us. .

I don't think he's ever done anything wrong. People have gone along with baseless rumours, added comments from press conferences to that and decided the guy has the worst personality and attitude in professional football.

You don't come from the backwaters of Columbia to the Premier League in a few years with a bad attitude. The guy is clearly more driven than most and extremely self-assured. I really like him and the way he plays and until someone publicly outs him as a negative influence on the dressing room I'll ignore the swirl of negativity around him. 

I'm actually at the point where I'd love him to start games and do well for Chelsea if he goes, I'd like Kellyman, Chuk and Duran to all do well there. It would show how good we've become at nurturing players in their early career and we'll have also made a small fortune out of them too, so can enjoy their progression without wishing we'd have held on to them or got more money. 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

until someone publicly outs him as a negative influence on the dressing room I'll ignore the swirl of negativity around him.

Has this ever happened where a player (who is actively playing) said something like this about another player (also actively playing)?

The kid can pull his head in and work hard or become a trivia question for wasted talent.

As someone who coaches, you get all sorts of different attitudes, same can be molded, but the ones that matter are the ones that work hard to realize their potential. I've let talented athletes go because they had the wrong attitude, and you never hear about them again.

I believe Emery would be the same, if he didn't believe he could work with him, he would be moved on.

7 hours ago, Ponky said:

Peak Duran if it was for a yellow card

Or if he scored a goal that was clearly offside, then proceeded to perform 11 different celebrations and had to be dragged back into formation by one of his exasperated teammates. 

35 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Or if he scored a goal that was clearly offside, then proceeded to perform 11 different celebrations and had to be dragged back into formation by one of his exasperated teammates. 

Maybe Duran just overheard a discussion about the British cultural pass time of Elevenses, and clearly misunderstood what it was.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Â