Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Maybe Duran would do well to know that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. It'll be such a shame if he leaves even if we profit big from him, because he's a genuinely ridiculous talent. But at this point you have to really wonder whether he is capable of fulfilling his potential in the long run, given his personality and an agent clearly desperate to get some pocket money from him.

• Like 1

Has any player ever been with the club six months after they said “We are looking at options”?

He must be on his way out the door.

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Maybe Duran would do well to know that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. It'll be such a shame if he leaves even if we profit big from him, because he's a genuinely ridiculous talent. But at this point you have to really wonder whether he is capable of fulfilling his potential in the long run, given his personality and an agent clearly desperate to get some pocket money from him.

He's a good young player with lots of potential. I'm just not seeing this at all.  I reckon he will end up at a bottom half  club or in Spain or Italy in a few years time.  

• Like 1

it's a very odd situation for him. he's put all his eggs in 1 basket and it's not happened. wonder if he'll be up for a move elsewhere, but very much seems that he was desperate to go to chelsea

10 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

because he's a genuinely ridiculous talent.

I think he has good potential but I don’t think he has ridiculous talent.  I’m not there yet at all and feels like he will just flitter between teams over the course of his career and will have great highlights reel but not the other 90%.  I’ll probably be wrong but he’s not really convinced me that he’ll be a top end consistent striker…

• Like 3

His main issue is the gap between his ego and his success so far as a player. Until those two things move at the same pace he is in danger of never finding a platform to demonstrate his ability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's a very odd situation for him. he's put all his eggs in 1 basket and it's not happened. wonder if he'll be up for a move elsewhere, but very much seems that he was desperate to go to chelsea

And by letting Chelsea know how desperate he is, they can now play hardball on wage negotiations.

Kids, eh? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He's a good young player with lots of potential. I'm just not seeing this at all.  I reckon he will end up at a bottom half  club or in Spain or Italy in a few years time.  

He has the tools right to go to the top imo. His finishing is crazy and an absolute nuisance for goalkeepers. You don't get minutes as a 19/20 year old striker in the Premier League for a European club if you don't have something about you. If he actually played with intelligence as opposed to Chaosball he'd be incredible imo

It's just that he's absolutely going to waste it (and probably will end up at a bottom half club somewhere) if he wants to leave for a new club every five minutes because he thinks Villa/Chelsea/etc. should have the 20 year old striker who doesn't even listen to his manager lead the line

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Why doesn't he want to play in the Champions League the moron?

I was literally about to write that it sounds like he's holding out for a Champions League club😄

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

For a kid his age Chelsea have been one  of the most successful teams in England and Europe his entire life.  

Scary isn't it ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think he has good potential but I don’t think he has ridiculous talent.  I’m not there yet at all and feels like he will just flitter between teams over the course of his career and will have great highlights reel but not the other 90%.  I’ll probably be wrong but he’s not really convinced me that he’ll be a top end consistent striker…

Saido Berahino is a good comparison I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

For a kid his age Chelsea have been one  of the most successful teams in England and Europe he's entire life.  

Scary isn't it ?

Yep and now they're basically a car crash version of Crystal Palace

Fxxx him. If he (or his agent) think he is better than Aston Villa then he should clear off.

IMG_1564.png.6490a205cabbb1775478a48b3ccf8d73.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He is talented, but the only thing that is ridiculous is his attitude... I'll be happy when he's gone..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Don’t underestimate the appeal of London to young men with a lot of money 

Â