Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This may be it.

Waiting for next month.

As other poster epointed out, if we can get up to that 100 mill Jack type money and more with sales next month it boosts us even further 

I think Maatsen + Kellyman did the job for June ME. I think we wanted to do Gallagher / Duran together. Though Gallagher wants to wait until after Euros so we'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Didn't get any minutes for Colombia. Maybe he's not as good as he thinks he is.

He won't even get a move to Fulham at this rate.

20 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

John hasn't reached their training ground yet. Two possible explanations: 1. He is still trying to work out how to make the most explosive arrival in history: perhaps a jet pack or some sort of catapult. 2. He's lost his house keys and is locked in the club rental house in Four Oaks. 

Or he’s in Tenerife 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Think neither us nor Chelsea need it done before end of June now so we'll hold off for 24/25 as the profit from sale for us will be included in the 3 year cycle for Squad Cost rule in PL for 3 years instead of 2 years if we wait until next month

Feels that way. Luiz was the first team player we needed to get done before June 30th and since that agreement we've also sold Tim and Kellyman deal is pretty much done so that's pretty much 50m which was the figure speculated in the press.

Duran will go somewhere in the next two months and then if it's a permanent we likely don't have to sell anyone we don't want to next summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Think neither us nor Chelsea need it done before end of June now so we'll hold off for 24/25 as the profit from sale for us will be included in the 3 year cycle for Squad Cost rule in PL for 3 years instead of 2 years if we wait until next month

You are right, it's actually counter productive for us to sell more than we need to just about break  even our PSR balance in 23/24. It's more beneficial to defer any additional sales (and profit) to 24/25 accounts as you said.

Which makes me think that Swiss Rumble numbers (where he predicted £58m gap in 23/24) must have been very close, as this is roughly the profit we generated on Luiz, Tim and Kellyman. If our gap was much smaller as you predicted, we would have just waited with Kellyman sale until 1st July.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

You are right, it's actually counter productive for us to sell more than we need to just about break  even our PSR balance in 23/24. It's more beneficial to defer any additional sales (and profit) to 24/25 accounts as you said.

Which makes me think that Swiss Rumble numbers (where he predicted £58m gap in 23/24) must have been very close, as this is roughly the profit we generated on Luiz, Tim and Kellyman. If our gap was much smaller as you predicted, we would have just waited with Kellyman sale until 1st July.

Hard to know, as if we went out to these teams to do deals, we needed some to get done for PSR by end June. We were not putting all our eggs in the same basket. I think Iroegbunam + Luiz or Duran was enough. I think Gallagher not wanting to do anything during Euros meant Duran was on hold. We wanted Maatsen so Kellyman was part of that deal, ie this was one for helping Chelsea. So Tim + Luiz would be 9 + 35/40 (depends on if there is a sell on clause or not). So I'd say maybe we needed around the 40m mark to be safe. IT depends if we take the 8.5m hit on Coutinho this month also. 

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If the talk is our PSR is all sorted now & we can sit down with him & convince him that this is the club he can make his name, he will have to buck up somewhat, I would be very happy in keeping him as I think there is one hell of a player in there. Think he would get more game time next year & it's Champions league who doesn't want to play in the Champions league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frodo said:

If the talk is our PSR is all sorted now & we can sit down with him & convince him that this is the club he can make his name, he will have to buck up somewhat, I would be very happy in keeping him as I think there is one hell of a player in there. Think he would get more game time next year & it's Champions league who doesn't want to play in the Champions league.

I’d expect them to have tried the ”sit down and talk” approach by now.

22 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Yeah but would we just be kicking the can down the road to potentially bigger problems?

Believe me, I would hope and love for it to be the opposite and he ends up getting his head down and maturing in the process.

Maybe we give him some more trust in Cup Games etc as a trade off.

However I'm currently just not sure.

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Nah, can’t agree and would be better he leaves and we get a good fee for him.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

McGinn said he was a handful. Didn't say was unprofessional only people online have said that. The online detectives

Said he was a handful? Did he?

He said 'sometimes you think come on big man, have a bit more respect'. That suggests he's disrespectful not a handful?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Who is Ben Jacobs? 

I'd have some concerns if I was buying a player that didnt want immediate game time.

Ben must be crackers.......

• Haha 1

Â