Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

If you believe that we granted Chelsea permission to discuss terms with the player a week ago, it doesn't look promising. Usually they agree terms pretty quickly, as the agent and club would have been discussing matter long before official permission. The links to other strikers also suggests that Chelsea have moved on.

The only other explanation is that Chelsea is waiting to include any transfer figures in next year's PSR calculations, like we are with Barkley. If that is the case I would expect Duran to be signed up in the first week of July.

John hasn't reached their training ground yet. Two possible explanations: 1. He is still trying to work out how to make the most explosive arrival in history: perhaps a jet pack or some sort of catapult. 2. He's lost his house keys and is locked in the club rental house in Four Oaks. 

On the bench for Columbia in their Copa America opening fixture. Anytime goal scorer at +270 which seems ludicrous for a player worth 1 billlllllllllion pounds, so I bet on it.

55 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

On the bench for Columbia in their Copa America opening fixture. Anytime goal scorer at +270 which seems ludicrous for a player worth 1 billlllllllllion pounds, so I bet on it.

Probably be on Venezuela socials liking all their posts out off anger and wanting a move now.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Wont surprise me if he starts liking tweets about Venezuela and how he wants to swap countries after being left on the bench 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably be on Venezuela socials liking all their posts out off anger and wanting a move now.

Mate you stole my joke before I did it 🙄🤦🏽‍♂️

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Wont surprise me if he starts liking tweets about Venezuela and how he wants to swap countries after being left on the bench 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And you both picked Venezuela for the joke...wtf! 😂

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cant find anything online at all

Try google. Very easy - https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/14/chelsea-hesitate-over-40m-deal-for-aston-villa-striker-jhon-duran

You are as bad as those people who were denying PSR was any issue the whole way through the Luiz saga.

He clearly is an issue off the pitch. The captain said so himself in an interview.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

And you both picked Venezuela for the joke...wtf! 😂

At first I was thinking Bolivia or Ecuador... Then did some  rapid Copa America fixtures Googling to see what flag may be closest and ended up on Venezuela as well ffs 😂

Then saw his post right above 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Try google. Very easy - https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/14/chelsea-hesitate-over-40m-deal-for-aston-villa-striker-jhon-duran

You are as bad as those people who were denying PSR was any issue the whole way through the Luiz saga.

He clearly is an issue off the pitch. The captain said so himself in an interview.

Not even a quote or fictional Chelsea sources say 😝

Think ill stick to reading Football Insider for my news

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not even a quote or fictional Chelsea sources say 😝

Think ill stick to reading Football Insider for my news

Whatever fits your narrative dude - not even McGinn naming has swayed you. You clearly know better.

19 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Whatever fits your narrative dude - not even McGinn naming has swayed you. You clearly know better.

McGinn said he was a handful. Didn't say was unprofessional only people online have said that. The online detectives

• Like 1

Considering he's been bending over for Chelsea, he must be gutted.

Gets them to make an offer for him. Great.

Proceeds to **** it up with his mad wage demands and attitude during talks.

Would love to know what his plan is now because so far this is all his doing.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Was hoping this one would be done by now so we could get moving and bring in another striker that Emery and Monchi would have selected. 

Think neither us nor Chelsea need it done before end of June now so we'll hold off for 24/25 as the profit from sale for us will be included in the 3 year cycle for Squad Cost rule in PL for 3 years instead of 2 years if we wait until next month

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

McGinn said he was a handful. Didn't say was unprofessional only people online have said that. The online detectives

McGinn said he was a "nightmare". And he wasn't joking.

I think it's pretty clear there's an attitude problem there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

McGinn said he was a "nightmare". And he wasn't joking.

I think it's pretty clear there's an attitude problem there.

Not that it is an excuse but I see it more as a maturity problem. Most likely he will wise up in time as most of us do. 

We are not in a position to have that patience though unfortunately given we need to maintain our position. But now we are seemingly over our PSR issues, I wouldn't mind us finding him a loan move rather than selling permanently. 

I said it before, if Unai is willing to give up on someone with Duran's ability at 20/21 and Chelsea pull out of a deal with pretty much everything agreed then you don't need to be Poirot to deduct that he's a bit of a clearing in the woods.  It wouldn't surprise me if he did something daft and refuse to return to training after the Copa to force a move, even though we've done everything to get rid of him.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Think neither us nor Chelsea need it done before end of June now so we'll hold off for 24/25 as the profit from sale for us will be included in the 3 year cycle for Squad Cost rule in PL for 3 years instead of 2 years if we wait until next month

This may be it.

Waiting for next month.

As other poster epointed out, if we can get up to that 100 mill Jack type money and more with sales next month it boosts us even further 

Â