Jhon Durán

PieFacE

32 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I still think Chelsea  will be in for him - the nearer it gets to June 30, they'll be expecting us to lower our price, especially if they know theirs is the only likely deal in play.

Lets see who blinks first....

We are on the same team as Chelsea in this window tbf, i doubt there is any chess going on between the 2 clubs 

• Like 1

Now we don't need to sell him for PSR, having his ability in the squad won't be the worst thing.  Maybe we could increase his value this season because he's obviously not here for the long haul.

34 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I still think Chelsea  will be in for him - the nearer it gets to June 30, they'll be expecting us to lower our price, especially if they know theirs is the only likely deal in play.

We don't need to anymore though

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

What’s 30th June got to do with it? The other deals have sorted that psr issue now. There’s no deadline now.

16 hours ago, romavillan said:

Both domestic cups for a start, and rotation in the league when the games come thick and fast

A good cup run in both domestic competitions would be very welcome for many reasons, particularly winning a trophy UTV!!!!! An unscathed SJM is great news after the Euros, Ollie will probably be an unused sub snd so should come through better than the team under coward Southgate. We need to adopt an approach like the England cricket team which seems to value bottle and bravery unlike the crawling, snivelling useless cowards that run our national football team!! 🤬🤬🤬

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What’s 30th June got to do with it? The other deals have sorted that psr issue now. There’s no deadline now.

We've sorted our issues for 23/24 season. Still need to sort out 24/25. More sales are needed...he would be perfect with his relatively high value and little game time he gets. But we don't need to sell him this summer, can still do it next June.

• Like 2

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

We've sorted our issues for 23/24 season. Still need to sort out 24/25. More sales are needed...he would be perfect with his relatively high value and little game time he gets. But we don't need to sell him this summer, can still do it next June.

I agree, the poster thought it maybe first to blink pre 30th June but that’s not needed now but a sale at any point this window would be good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yes more work to do for 24/25. I think the efforts to move Dendonker, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Olsen and cancel Countinho contract etc.. 

We'll then need a couple of signings 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I agree, the poster thought it maybe first to blink pre 30th June but that’s not needed now but a sale at any point this window would be good.

Absolutely, especially as the way we have circumnavigated the system may well not be available in the next window. 

We need a bit more leeway while we can imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

You need an article to tell you what to think? Gotcha 

Some sort of evidence would be nice, yes. Of course, it's easier to make my own deductions based on body language I see on my telly.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Nobody on fans forum sites knows if this is true.......as nobody knew exactly how much we had to raise. I've seen estimates from 20m euros all the way up to 68m euros just to keep compliant with 23/24 accounting, let alone prepare for 24/25 spending.

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

if the Luiz transfer goes through before the end of June, with that, Timmy - 9m and Kellyman - 20m (if that goes thorugh), we wont be in a PSR pickle.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

if the Luiz transfer goes through before the end of June, with that, Timmy - 9m and Kellyman - 20m (if that goes thorugh), we wont be in a PSR pickle.

As per my previous response.........none of us know this for certain.

5 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

£45m for Dougie, £19m for Kellyman and £10m for Tim that’s over £70m…that’s at the top end of what you quoted.  Additional to that we finished higher in the league than expected so additional revenue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

even the doomsday scenario posters say 60m PSR hole, its reasonable to think 60m is the upper limit of our hole.

50m for Luiz, 19m for Kellyman and 9m for Timmy is 78m, i would bet money the PSR hole isnt that much.

if it were we wouldnt be signing maatsen and dobbin before July.

• Like 1

Colombia play Paraguay tonight in the Copa America and then have games against Costa Rica (Fri) and Brazil (Wed). Let's see how he gets on. If he has a storming tournament, then the interest could rise and you'd expect his head to keep turning.

Any sale would then help our next year's accounts but if he has a poor tournament then it may humble him somewhat to stay with us for another half a season at least, which gives us an option off the bench until we sign someone else.

Win win

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The longer this drags on the longer i think he isnt going chelsea

If you believe that we granted Chelsea permission to discuss terms with the player a week ago, it doesn't look promising. Usually they agree terms pretty quickly, as the agent and club would have been discussing matter long before official permission. The links to other strikers also suggests that Chelsea have moved on.

The only other explanation is that Chelsea is waiting to include any transfer figures in next year's PSR calculations, like we are with Barkley. If that is the case I would expect Duran to be signed up in the first week of July.

Edited by Made In Aston

Just now, Made In Aston said:

If you believe that we granted Chelsea permission to discuss terms with the player a week ago, it doesn't look promising. Usually they agree terms pretty quickly, as the agent and club would have been discussing matter long before official permission. The links to other strikers also suggests that Chelsea have moved on.

Exactly my thoughts. They usually do it quickly and i think they have got cold feet on the deal.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

even the doomsday scenario posters say 60m PSR hole, its reasonable to think 60m is the upper limit of our hole.

50m for Luiz, 19m for Kellyman and 9m for Timmy is 78m, i would bet money the PSR hole isnt that much.

if it were we wouldnt be signing maatsen and dobbin before July.

Signing before July 1 doesn’t really matter though, only a couple of weeks out of a five year contract would be amortized in 23/24, basically peanuts.

Â